WHY

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
    Can't ignore Ferdinand's role in getting the youth in through the door. Been very busy on this front.
    Les, Ramsey and the scouts all deserve huge credit for what they've been doing for the last 2 or 3 years with regards to identifying and developing talented young players. We've become very good at taking on young players with potential that have been discarded by other clubs for whatever reason, and turning them into potential first team players. What we are seeing now is a culmination of many years hard work. Of course, some don't make it and end plying their trades further down the leagues, but that is always going to happen. The likes of Smyth and Eze are huge success stories, and given the financial situation, we will need to keep producing good young talent if we are to keep up with the top half of this league.

I'll probably get shot down for this, but I give Ollie zero credit. He didn't turn to the young players until he was in a position where he had no other options. And even then, I don't agree with the sporadic and unpredictable way that he introduces them to the first team.

Comment

Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
      Can't ignore Ferdinand's role in getting the youth in through the door. Been very busy on this front.
      les has been hit and miss for me, i don't think hes half as bad as hes made out to be and hes certainly done a fine job in reducing the wage bill and giving us a new ethos to go by.
      it has taken him a few seasons to adjust to his role sure but he has improved as a dof, hopefully he gets better at his job and stays for the long term rather than using us as a stepping stone to a bigger club

Comment

Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
        I'll probably get shot down for this, but I give Ollie zero credit. He didn't turn to the young players until he was in a position where he had no other options. And even then, I don't agree with the sporadic and unpredictable way that he introduces them to the first team.
        I'd agree to an extent but in all honesty, how many managers in this league are using their youth before their senior players ?

Comment

Looks like the corner has been truned re.formation

http://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/h...qpr-style-play

Ollie's words.

Some will say he's taking credit for Eze's good perfomance i'm sure. He deserves it really, despite leaving it till now to switch and till now to seemingly get these lads in the starting 11. Good on Eze though for taking the opportunity.

I couldn't give a rats ######## as long as we line up to the the players strengths (4 at the back!) and get on the front foot each game.

Comment

Working...
          X