No announcement yet.

Midfield trio

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The interesting part of the three for me is how little they play as a unit.

Comment

Been saying it for a while that we need to change the midfield.

Would personally drop Luongo as he is too similar to Scowen but Scowen has definitely lost some form of late.

Have a 4 of Pavel, Luongo, Manning (or Cousins) and Freeman on the left wing.

Comment

Originally posted by MattyRangers View Post
        I like them all tbh, but when you take a step back and look at it; playing 3 in the middle should mean you're a solid unit that doesn't get penetrated often which gives you a base to play from, utilising your wing backs (albeit they're pony, but that's for another discussion...). Yet it seems to are constantly overrun in midfield!

The formation simply doesn't work for us, I personally would prefer to see 4231 with Scowen & Mass as the 2 and Freeman as the centre player of the 3 behind the striker, likely with Smyth & Eze either side maybe.
        I'd give the 4231 a go Matty, but do we have the 1 at the club. Not sure it's Smith - maybe Sylla, but it's a difficult role.

Comment

All three have strengths: Freeman is our most creative player, Mass is a classy box to box midfielder and Scowen is superb, defensively. Together, at their best, they represent a formidable trio. The trouble is, under the rudderless management of Holloway, a once tight midfield ensemble is unravelling. The lack of clear structural analysis of games, the inability to set the team up right from the get go, all this has had a damaging effect on their confidence. And these players can only work best with a well set up defence behind them and a proper strike force in front. Against Forest I watched a team that seemed to be falling apart at the seams due to the lack of clear guidance from the manager.

I like Matty's formation above, I'd say that was one way to go. But I don't think Holloway has a clue how to maximise the potential of his players.
          Last edited by Hubble; 26-02-2018, 06:44 PM.

Comment

Some intresting stats in the paper today.
            Luongo has made the most tackles in the division so far with 115.
            QPR are third in most shots this season behind Brentford1st and Cardiff 2nd.
            Freeman 6th and the big lump of shite 9th are in the top ten of most shots so far this season.

Comment

I stated a while back about the midfield three. saying it is the first and foremost wrong thing about the team formation. It's kind of how back when we had Chery playing in the hole and us saying the only other position to play him in would have been left wing. This seems to now be the case with Freeman. IH for me is scared to break the 3 up. I see no reason we cant go with a flat back four, Scowen and Mass in central midfield and Pav and Freeman on the wings. Did anyone notice where Freeman crossed from for Smith's goal.....Yep left wing. My only doubt would be whether Freeman could stay in that position as he wanders all over the shop. Also as i said before there doesn't seem to be any partnerships on the pitch now. No cb partnership. No fb/Winger partnership. No cm partnership. And no FW partnership. Get those right and everything clicks together. Or should do

Comment

Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
                Been saying it for a while that we need to change the midfield.

Would personally drop Luongo as he is too similar to Scowen but Scowen has definitely lost some form of late.

Have a 4 of Pavel, Luongo, Manning (or Cousins) and Freeman on the left wing.

I am ok with that but would like to give Scowen a chance alongside Luongo, before ditching him. I have been saying for a long time now that Freeman should be played on the left wing where he can supply the crosses for Smith and Sylla when he is fit again.

Comment

Originally posted by qprjeff1882 View Post
                  I stated a while back about the midfield three. saying it is the first and foremost wrong thing about the team formation. It's kind of how back when we had Chery playing in the hole and us saying the only other position to play him in would have been left wing. This seems to now be the case with Freeman. IH for me is scared to break the 3 up. I see no reason we cant go with a flat back four, Scowen and Mass in central midfield and Pav and Freeman on the wings. Did anyone notice where Freeman crossed from for Smith's goal.....Yep left wing. My only doubt would be whether Freeman could stay in that position as he wanders all over the shop. Also as i said before there doesn't seem to be any partnerships on the pitch now. No cb partnership. No fb/Winger partnership. No cm partnership. And no FW partnership. Get those right and everything clicks together. Or should do
                  Yes, I did notice the cross from Freeman. Perhaps he is all over the shop because he has the midfield role. Who knows, he might actually like to play on the left wing (or maybe not).

Yes, I also agree that there are no partnerships in the side other than his midfield trio and pre injury, Mackie and Washington, and neither of these have worked out!

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
                    Some intresting stats in the paper today.
                    Luongo has made the most tackles in the division so far with 115.
                    QPR are third in most shots this season behind Brentford1st and Cardiff 2nd.
                    Freeman 6th and the big lump of shite 9th are in the top ten of most shots so far this season.
                    How are we doing in the goals for stats ?

Comment

Working...
                    X