80s QPR ski hats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CroydonCaptainJack View Post
    Hi. When you post there are some icons above. One of them looks like an old roll of movie film (If you hover over it. it says insert video). Click on that, then right click the url of the video you want to insert and select copy. Then paste it in and post.
    Thanks Croydon, I’ll give that a go in a bit.
    “He'll regret it till his dying day, if ever he lives that long”
    Will Danaher

Comment

Originally posted by gator View Post
      I still have my QPR/Hearts hat, it had nothing to do with anything other than I follow Hearts, when I wore it up in Scotland I got a bit of stick from the Hearts fans, it was mostly about our Wembley disaster the previous week (0-3) Oxford) I wish I knew how to post a pic of this!
      GatorsHat.jpg
      Minds Are Like Parachutes.
      Work Best When Open...
      @Nowt2SeeHere

Comment

^ Thanks for posting that for me Fraggy, the hat is still in decent shape for 32 years old!
        @gatorTFC

Comment

In 1983 the club shop was a Portacabin roughly where the shop is now, dundee United won the Scots prem and there was qpr/dundee United 50/50 hats for sale, had connection to dundee then and thought about buying but never bothered, 35 years on I find myself living in dundee and regret not buying one, pretty sad I admit but if anyone does have one I want it!!! Cash waiting!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Fraggy View Post
            [ATTACH=CONFIG]2321[/ATTACH]

Comment

Originally posted by loftbalcony View Post
              In 1983 the club shop was a Portacabin roughly where the shop is now, dundee United won the Scots prem and there was qpr/dundee United 50/50 hats for sale, had connection to dundee then and thought about buying but never bothered, 35 years on I find myself living in dundee and regret not buying one, pretty sad I admit but if anyone does have one I want it!!! Cash waiting!!!!
              I'm almost positive I bought this QPR/Hearts hat at our Club Shop in 1986!
              @gatorTFC

Comment

Ive got a brilliant picture of me and my old man ,taken before we left home on the way to Wembley in 86 ,i`m wearing .A QPR /Union Jack Ski hat ,Marco polo Jumper ,Cords and Adidas Samoa hes wearing a QPR ski hat ,scarf plus the latest fashions from South London allotments ! Taken before the 86 cup final before we went our separate ways !
                Last edited by vespa; 16-02-2018, 02:37 AM. Reason: I GET SENTIN
                Rangers,Scooters ,Tunes and Trainers

Comment

Originally posted by vespa View Post
                  Ive got a brilliant picture of me and my old man ,taken before we left home on the way to Wembley in 86 ,i`m wearing .A QPR /Union Jack Ski hat ,Marco polo Jumper ,Cords and Adidas Samoa hes wearing a QPR ski hat ,scarf plus the latest fashions from South London allotments ! Taken before the 86 cup final before we went our separate ways !
                  I wore my brand new QPR V Neck sweater (is that what you lot call a jumper?) and my Milk Cup bonnet, I still have them both and to prove I'm not superstitious I wore the V Neck to the Play off final, it still fits!
                  @gatorTFC

Comment

Originally posted by loftbalcony View Post
                    These QPR / Rangers ,Celtic ,Hearts etc hats werent out in 83 ,the ski hats ,all QPR had only just come out in 83/84 ,the mixed ones didnt come out till 84/85 at the earliest

Comment

I wore my brand new QPR V Neck sweater (is that what you lot call a jumper?) and my Milk Cup bonnet, I still have them both and to prove I'm not superstitious I wore the V Neck to the Play off final, it still fits!
                      Whats a Milk Cup bonnet ?

Comment

These QPR / Rangers ,Celtic ,Hearts etc hats werent out in 83 ,the ski hats ,all QPR had only just come out in 83/84 ,the mixed ones didnt come out till 84/85 at the earliest
                        Got my old QPR Celtic hat in 82.

Yes Gator, a jumper is a sweater; and Vesps, I think bonnet is his hat

I believe I am becoming fluent in Canadian and Sarf London dialect
                        Minds Are Like Parachutes.
                        Work Best When Open...
                        @Nowt2SeeHere

Comment

Whats a Milk Cup bonnet ?
                          It's just a small cap with QPR and the Milk Cup Trophy on it, saw an old dude (older than me) wearing the same one at Loftus Road the day after our Wembley triumph, maybe Fraggy can post that as well!
                          @gatorTFC

Comment

Originally posted by Fraggy View Post

I believe I am becoming fluent in Canadian and Sarf London dialect
                            Ha ,always have a place for you on the right side of the drink ,Fraggy

Comment

It's just a small cap with QPR and the Milk Cup Trophy on it, saw an old dude (older than me) wearing the same one at Loftus Road the day after our Wembley triumph, maybe Fraggy can post that as well!
                              I remember the 8 panel caps people used to wear very early 80s ,the 82 cup final was full of em !

Comment

I found the hat, it's not the one I was thinking of, just says QPR on it, I was thinking of the scarf I wore, it was a Milk Cup special, I don't wear that one often!
                                @gatorTFC

Comment

Working...
                                X