Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Commemorative green and white home kit...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Fraggy View Post
    I had the half and half QPR Celtic beanie, I think I got it outside Wembley at the 82 final.
    I had to burn it after Manure relegated us from the prem as it was part of a bet with a Manure fan that we would stay up
    More likely 86 .if you bought it at Wembley mate ,those 80s ski hats werent around till 84 ish . Most were bobble hats ,with the bobble taken off ,turning them into ski hats . Always reminds me off the original film the Firm ,when Benny from grange hill ,rocks up in a West Ham /Celtic one and Jim from coronation st gives him a rocket ! Funny when you think back that loads of teenage Casuals who`d never be seen dead in football colours used to wear them .
    Rangers,Scooters ,Tunes and Trainers

Comment

Originally posted by stanistheman View Post
      Thanks, I stand corrected, they started in light blue and navy halves not quarters.
      Westy will find a picture of me watching them at the time..............

Comment

Nah. We play in blue and white hoops... not interested in green hoops, not even if it's allegedly part of our heritage. Anyway, saw an article recently that said GB speedskaters wear blue costumes because it's scientifically proven blue is the fastest colour so I can't risk getting slowed down.

Comment

Anyone who ordered one receive theirs yet?

Nothing for me and strangely can't find a single email regarding my transaction although I have the bank statement showing the payment to QPR

Comment

Not got mine either Jimmy
            I blew a lot on vodka and tonic, gambling and fags. Looking back, I think I overdid it on the tonic. - The one and only Stanley Bowles

Comment

Just spoke to them. They are expecting them in a months time and will then despatch them.

Crikey that's a long turnaround time.

Comment

never had you down as a shirter Jimmy

Comment

Originally posted by vespa View Post
                  never had you down as a shirter Jimmy
                  For the old man mate. Haven't worn a shirt since I was about 12-13 Vesps

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy Floyd Rabbit View Post
                    For the old man mate. Haven't worn a shirt since I was about 12-13 Vesps
                    Fair play Jim ,wish my old man was still about to buy #### for , make the most of him mate

Comment

Originally posted by vespa View Post
                      Fair play Jim ,wish my old man was still about to buy #### for , make the most of him mate
                      Thank you bruva and a fine man he is too

Comment

Blue/white, red/black, green/white make sense for a three kit set up.

Historically, oxford / cambridge halves were our first kit, then the green white hoops.

Apart from the blue and the green, the only other first strip we had was the white with blue trim (50s) and the all white Wembley. The 50s white had the best badge, the Queen's PR one.

Comment

Originally posted by hal9thou View Post
                          Blue/white, red/black, green/white make sense for a three kit set up.

Historically, oxford / cambridge halves were our first kit, then the green white hoops.

Apart from the blue and the green, the only other first strip we had was the white with blue trim (50s) and the all white Wembley. The 50s white had the best badge, the Queen's PR one.
                          I got the 50s one. I bought it for the play off final in Cardiff as I wasn't too keen on the 67 final one they brought out at that time.
                          Minds Are Like Parachutes.
                          Work Best When Open...
                          @Nowt2SeeHere

Comment

The 50's badge was the club crest when I started going in '72.

Very surprising that the kit was changed on such a regular basis all them years ago. But sort of nice to know that between '64 and '74 it didn't change at all.

Comment

Working...
                            X