Goss

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by topperharley View Post
    Funny enough i seen a post yesterday. Not once ever, have 22 all English players taken to the pitch in the Premier League.

The closest was a newcastle vs QPR match when 21 of the 22 were English, the only 'foreigner' being the great Tony Roberts in goal for QPR.
    Question Topper was that game any less exciting ?

Comment

Originally posted by dogsrrs View Post
      Question Topper was that game any less exciting ?
      Not seen it, but we had a good team then, so........

https://www.themag.co.uk/2018/02/rev...glish-players/

Just look at that starting line up. What dreams are made of. What would it be worth in todays money!?
      Last edited by topperharley; 01-03-2018, 08:31 AM.

Comment

He's playing in the Scottish league chaps. I know championship is poor but minus Celtic that's league 2. I'd sell unless he looks like he could move up a few gears. Clint hill and kranjar were there best players a few months ago so step away for a few mins
        I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

6 months at rangers will do him and us good one way or another.

-Either rangers buy a player from us that didn’t play.
          - Or he comes back here and plays with 6 months experience and a better player
          -or another club buys him for more than what they would of in jan.

Good management of the player.

Hopefully he can fit in next season. Surely just move Freeman to a wing? 4-3-3

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
            He's playing in the Scottish league chaps. I know championship is poor but minus Celtic that's league 2. I'd sell unless he looks like he could move up a few gears. Clint hill and kranjar were there best players a few months ago so step away for a few mins
            This. Not a single person on here was upset when Goss got loaned out, so lets not use this as a reason to have another pop at Ollie. Goss was evidently sub-standard at Championship level atm - no doubt a player in there somewhere, but certainly not good enough atm.
            You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Originally posted by MattyRangers View Post
              This. Not a single person on here was upset when Goss got loaned out, so lets not use this as a reason to have another pop at Ollie. Goss was evidently sub-standard at Championship level atm - no doubt a player in there somewhere, but certainly not good enough atm.
              Sub standard because never played to his strengths. He could be a great QPR player, but, as pointed out by someone else with the Tom Carroll thing, we refuse to play to players strengths. We insist on playing unattractive football.

Hill was one of our best players, as was Krancjar on his day. I remember well when he was doing the business for us the team looked good.

Goss would look sh!te in this team because he'd be played left wing or right back.

Comment

Originally posted by topperharley View Post
                Sub standard because never played to his strengths. He could be a great QPR player, but, as pointed out by someone else with the Tom Carroll thing, we refuse to play to players strengths. We insist on playing unattractive football.

Hill was one of our best players, as was Krancjar on his day. I remember well when he was doing the business for us the team looked good.

Goss would look sh!te in this team because he'd be played left wing or right back.
                Well that's just a silly statement isn't it because when he did play for us it was in CM, his position

My point is, when he played for (albeit not a great deal) it was evidently clear he wasn't up to the Championship with it's physical demands. Not a single person complained when we loaned him out (in fact, the only complaints were that we didn't get rid of him on a permanent!) so it's pretty pathetic for people to now start bashing the club for loaning him out because he is playing well in a tin pot league.

He might come on to be a very good player, and I hope he does, but let's not pretend we have screwed up & we are missing out by loaning him out eh.
                You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Well that's just a silly statement isn't it because when he did play for us it was in CM, his position

My point is, when he played for (albeit not a great deal) it was evidently clear he wasn't up to the Championship with it's physical demands. Not a single person complained when we loaned him out (in fact, the only complaints were that we didn't get rid of him on a permanent!) so it's pretty pathetic for people to now start bashing the club for loaning him out because he is playing well in a tin pot league.

He might come on to be a very good player, and I hope he does, but let's not pretend we have screwed up & we are missing out by loaning him out eh.
                  this. pretty much everyone was happy when goss went out on loan and no one saw him getting in the side nor did anyone think he deserved a run, in fact from what we did see he was good at passing but wasn't up to championship standard.
                  him going out on loan is great for all parties whether we sell him or not. we'd pretty much be in a win win scenario either way and only have something to gain from the loan. the club shouldn't be critisized for loaning him out at all as its a great bit of business. if we sell him we'd probably be asking for 3m anyway (i assume that if man utd have a buy back clause that they also have a sell on fee) but i simply can't see us selling anyway especially as its quite likely that luongo or freeman or both will be gone in the summer and it makes sense to change our playstyle to fit goss in.

the only thing that concerns me is if we play him to his strengths, hes clearly a good player who could get make it at this level and potentially higher but i don't see ollie utilizing him right sadly but there is potential for a scowen and goss partnership in front of the defence

Comment

Not a single person complained when we loaned him out (in fact, the only complaints were that we didn't get rid of him on a permanent!).
                    Or that he wasn't getting a game because.....why would you drop Luongo or Scowen ?

In fact, weren't some people on here saying he should be played at CB ?

Comment

• Originally posted by MattyRangers View Post

Sure it's a bit of a #### take.

He started 3 games, and came on 3 times as sub. They way we've played this season? hardly a marker for how good he maybe.

I'm pleased he's out on loan and doing well. I think he should stay there for the season. He isn't going to make headway with the manner we play.

The idea that players need to be strong, big and menacing is a fallacy. He has the potential i believe (based purely on what people have said about him, watching him play, a bit and the fact the Man Utd want him back if he comes good), to be excellent. Play makers don't need to be behemoths. Magic vs Carrick, do the same thing in different ways. The Championship is tough but it's not UFC.

Comment

• Originally posted by Alanwycombe View Post
                        He won't be back Mush. Certainly not under Holloway, and I very much doubt at all.
                        From the Rhecord:

The QPR manager says there’s no chance of the Ibrox side landing the midfielder on a permanent deal.

He said: “I’d rather talk to Graeme about that myself because he is out of order talking about my player. He’s my player, nobody else’s. It’s not right he’s talking about trying to buy one of my players when that player is not for sale."

“I’m glad the boy is doing well. We bought him to be a good player - he is a good player - and I’m glad he’s getting the experience but he’s likely to come back and play for us. It’s as simple as that.

His future is at QPR. I bought him to be a QPR player. I’ve loaned him out when he’s never been loaned out before and I’m delighted he’s doing well but he won’t be getting sold.

“If Graeme has said he wants him permanently then that’s a bit of a silly statement because he is not for sale. You can’t buy someone who is not for sale.

“I’d imagine Graeme would speak to me about it at the right time. Graeme should do his job by speaking to me about my player.

“Graeme’s a good bloke but I’m pretty surprised he’s left himself open to this. I have no issue with him but the boy is not for sale.”

Comment

• Originally posted by MattyRangers View Post
                          Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
                          Pawel Wszolek - 6
                          Luke Freeman - 6
                          Matt Smith - 6
                          Ebere Eze - 4
                          Joel Lynch - 3
                          Tomer Hemed - 3
                          Toni Leistner - 2
                          Massimo Luongo- 2
                          Angel Rangel - 2
                          Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
                          Geoff Cameron - 1
                          Aramide Oteh - 1
                          Jake Bidwell - 1
                          Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

• Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
                            From the Rhecord:

The QPR manager says there’s no chance of the Ibrox side landing the midfielder on a permanent deal.

He said: “I’d rather talk to Graeme about that myself because he is out of order talking about my player. He’s my player, nobody else’s. It’s not right he’s talking about trying to buy one of my players when that player is not for sale."

“I’m glad the boy is doing well. We bought him to be a good player - he is a good player - and I’m glad he’s getting the experience but he’s likely to come back and play for us. It’s as simple as that.

His future is at QPR. I bought him to be a QPR player. I’ve loaned him out when he’s never been loaned out before and I’m delighted he’s doing well but he won’t be getting sold.

“If Graeme has said he wants him permanently then that’s a bit of a silly statement because he is not for sale. You can’t buy someone who is not for sale.

“I’d imagine Graeme would speak to me about it at the right time. Graeme should do his job by speaking to me about my player.

“Graeme’s a good bloke but I’m pretty surprised he’s left himself open to this. I have no issue with him but the boy is not for sale.”
                            WTF is he banging on about? Do you think Goss is his player? He's a QPR player not yours mate. He's not a bloody dog.

Comment

• In a way, I am happy that IH came out strongly about Rangers boss statement. However, someone from the club (forget who he was) did say that all of our players can be sold if the right offer is made. So, what will happen if they (Rangers) make the right offer?

Comment

• Originally posted by topperharley View Post
                                WTF is he banging on about? Do you think Goss is his player? He's a QPR player not yours mate. He's not a bloody dog.
                                Ollie making an idiot of himself again.

He's sent Goss out on loan, after ignoring him for 6 months and realised he's actually a decent player. Now he's sh×tting himself that Goss might feel wanted up there and we might lose him!

And as you pointed out, Goss ain't Ollies player. Hopefully Ollie won't even still be here by the time Goss wears the Hoops again!

Comment

Working...
                                X