Goss

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Pinkie View Post
    Mixed m,essage i see there is him telling him hes not wanted so he goes and makes a big effort at rangers to prove him wrong! but have to admit i didnt watch it, i read everything on it so sorry there tarbs, still think far too much song & dancing going on by you lot, its non stop every day & same repeating every day, surprised it hasnt calmed down even after we`ve not played lol, too many mrs`s should be getting it instead of on here
    It's non-stop cos the manager keeps doing stupid stuff mate. When he doesn't give me ammo, I don't complain.

Dunno what Goss was meant to do different either. Barely got any time on the pitch, but when he did he looked decent. He just ain't a Holloway type of player. Doesn't run around enough. Ollie would pick 11 Jamie Mackies before picking a player like Goss.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jimmy Floyd Rabbit View Post
      Point 1) Yes that's exactly the point I was referring to. Why wouldn't anyone want him to prove a manager who has completely dismissed him wrong?

Point 2? Ermmm why wouldn't he be wanting to get out of a club that clearly doesn't value him or want him? Is it for QPR's benefit? Why would he give a shite after how he's been treated haha

You haven't got a scooby really have you?
      point 1 - why would any fan want their manager to be shown up a muppet?
      point 2 If they didnt value him why would they give him the opportunity to go out on loan to get games and improve himself.?
      I'm more worried about the management of Manning tbh.
      But you carry on JFR.. i dont know you, ive just started posting on here. You could be an angry little gimp or you could have something interesting to say. We may just have started off on the wrong foot.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gtleighsr3 View Post
        Goss ain't coming back. We can huff puff ,Ollie can moan they tapping him up but he wanted up there. His head turned and bet behind scenes a deal being discussed
        But its wrong, Goss shouldn't be getting tapped up while on loan. He signed a contract with us. Its odd that some fans are siding with Goss just because of their dislike of Ollie. I'm not saying Ollie is perfect but this particular Ollie bashing is clutching at straws a bit. No player is bigger than the club. Sell him then . £3 mill.

Comment

• Originally posted by PunteR View Post
          point 1 - why would any fan want their manager to be shown up a muppet?
          Because I'm proud of my club and it is more likely to improve and grow with a real manager.

Comment

• Originally posted by acricketer View Post
            Because I'm proud of my club and it is more likely to improve and grow with a real manager.
            C'mon acricketer, Ollie might not be the best manager out there but he's as real as the next championship manager. I'm genuinely gutted to see how Ollie is ending up being just another scapegoat for TF and the rest of the boards mismanagement of our club.
            Ollie has spent years at the club, he cares about the welfare of the club, he knows the club. Why are we tearing down people that want to help the club. QPR people. Ferdinand, Sinton,Bircham, Holloway. ? Yes its not great atm but the problem at the club stems from the top. I personally didn't think Ollie was the right appointment and i have reservations about next season,hopefully im wrong. But to want some jumped up ex man u reserve player thats done nothing for our club to want to show up ollie as a muppet is just bizarre.

Comment

• A fair take on the current situation. Frustration drives my OTT rhetoric.

Comment

C'mon acricketer, Ollie might not be the best manager out there but he's as real as the next championship manager. I'm genuinely gutted to see how Ollie is ending up being just another scapegoat for TF and the rest of the boards mismanagement of our club.
                Ollie has spent years at the club, he cares about the welfare of the club, he knows the club. Why are we tearing down people that want to help the club. QPR people. Ferdinand, Sinton,Bircham, Holloway. ? Yes its not great atm but the problem at the club stems from the top. I personally didn't think Ollie was the right appointment and i have reservations about next season,hopefully im wrong. But to want some jumped up ex man u reserve player thats done nothing for our club to want to show up ollie as a muppet is just bizarre.
                I suspect you and Pinkie are going to get along just fine mate!

Comment

• Sinton? The same guy that slagged us off when he left for Sheffield Wednesday

Comment

• Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
                    It's non-stop cos the manager keeps doing stupid stuff mate. When he doesn't give me ammo, I don't complain.

Dunno what Goss was meant to do different either. Barely got any time on the pitch, but when he did he looked decent. He just ain't a Holloway type of player. Doesn't run around enough. Ollie would pick 11 Jamie Mackies before picking a player like Goss.
                    I want to see what 11 Jamie Mackies would do.

It'd be like running from 11 flapping geese chasing you cause youve got a slice of bread. Hashtagpressing

Comment

But its wrong, Goss shouldn't be getting tapped up while on loan. He signed a contract with us. Its odd that some fans are siding with Goss just because of their dislike of Ollie. I'm not saying Ollie is perfect but this particular Ollie bashing is clutching at straws a bit. No player is bigger than the club. Sell him then . £3 mill.
                      In the interview Goss doesn’t seem to keen to come back to us after what has happened and said to him. That’s the issue. Blame for that must be with Ollie. We can’t always roll out the “money grabbing selfish footballers” comments, it’s down to the managers to manage these players.....especially the young ones.

No player is bigger than the club. But if the guy has talent and could go on to better things, we should develop him here and sell him for a bigger fee later.

No manager is bigger than the club either. This season and since he joined and to be honest during his last time here.....all about the Ian Holloway show.

Comment

• Originally posted by topperharley View Post
                        I want to see what 11 Jamie Mackies would do.

It'd be like running from 11 flapping geese chasing you cause youve got a slice of bread. Hashtagpressing
                        Ollie would love that. I can just see the post match press conference now. "I thought we deserved at least a point, can't fault the effort of my boys, they never stopped running."

Total Ollie football!

Comment

• Originally posted by James1979 View Post
                          In the interview Goss doesn’t seem to keen to come back to us after what has happened and said to him. That’s the issue. Blame for that must be with Ollie. We can’t always roll out the “money grabbing selfish footballers” comments, it’s down to the managers to manage these players.....especially the young ones.

No player is bigger than the club. But if the guy has talent and could go on to better things, we should develop him here and sell him for a bigger fee later.

No manager is bigger than the club either. This season and since he joined and to be honest during his last time here.....all about the Ian Holloway show.
                          I think you've hit the nail on the head with that last sentence mate. You speak to anyone in and around the club they'll tell you that he always has to be centre of attention, and he always has to have the last word. I genuinely think he looks at himself as some sort of club hero, and he was surprised by some of the backlash that he's had this season. He really should move on while he has some sort of relationship with the fans left. It's gonna end up like Wenger at Arsenal if something isn't done soon (albeit Wenger has done a lot more for Arsenal than Ollie has done for us).

Also agree with you on Goss. The lad has done nothing wrong, he's just been honest. Any suggestion that he's some kind of trouble maker seems well over the top to me. Perhaps guilty of thinking he'd walk into the side, only the players and staff will know how much effort he's put in during training. But hes handled himself professionally publicly throughout, despite what seems to be some rough treatment from the manager.

Comment

Ollie doesn't need Goss or anyone else for that matter to show himself up as a Muppet.

He's managed that all by himself since day one. In fact it's probably the ONLY thing he's good at.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
                              Did we need to drop anyone for him to get some game time?
                              Goss certainly could have had more sub appearances but to really develop you need consistency and, ideally, more full 90 min games. I think the loan is perfect because he was not getting proper game time. Same with Manning - needs a loan as Holloway just won't break up that combination of Luongo and Scowen.

Comment

It is bizarre to want a manager to fail. But Ollie has done this himself. It's not about Goss being the next messiah, it's about how the lad obviously has talent but Ollie refused to unlock it. The bad press is a knock on effect from the way he treats players like Pav. He's a bloody good winger at this level yet Ollie insists on hampering him at wingback. Sure try it, but if doesn't work stop forcing the square brick in the round hole like my 1 year old tries to do. Even he gets that it doesn't work and crawls off to try something else after a while (he might be a bit thick i'm not sure yet).

Point is Ollie gave this kid 6 appearances, 3 he was subbed for and the other 3 he came on as sub. He's been snubbed since then, and now is doing pretty well on loan. I'm bloody glad he's doing well on loan, and wouldn't bear a grudge to our manager if he'd given him a fairer crack of the whip. It's obvious he's after a certain type of player and won;t adapt when a talent comes along.

It's like Conor, he's average, but stick plenty of through balls in and he seems to come alive and bother the defence, yet how often have we done that this season?! Like Matt Smith, a giant whos good with his head, yet we don't play wingers to hammer balls in, we play 3 centre midfielders who are seemingly told to play it square in the air to him.

I dunno, i don't think Goss deserves a 14 page thread, but he's the straw that broke that camels back for me.

Comment

Working...
                                X