No announcement yet.

Goss

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• At the end of the day hes still our player, so it doesnt really matter what goss comes out with, there certainly wasnt any guarantee he`d of been great for us if we hadnt sent him out on loan, but hes still ours so we have the final say in him, & if ollie wants to change his mind and bring him back thats upto him, we certainly wasnt in a p[osition to mess about putting him in to see if he could get upto speed! cant imagine us doing that and us losing some games to what abuse ollie would of got for that
    http://soundcloud.com/pinkie2

Comment

• Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
      Did we need to drop anyone for him to get some game time? Luongo has been rested many times after international games when he's had a long flight back. All 3 of our regular midfielders have also had injuries and/or suspensions. If Ollie had wanted to, he could easily have used him at last 5 or 6 times in the first half of this season. I actually think (whilst a different sort of player to Luongo), Goss could probably have slotted in nicely next to Scowen when Mas wasn't available for selection.
      But back then before he went out on loan tarbie he most probably wasnt upto the speed of the championship, remember after his first game or two for rangers them saying he wasnt upto speed at all!

Comment

• Originally posted by Pinkie View Post
        But back then before he went out on loan tarbie he most probably wasnt upto the speed of the championship, remember after his first game or two for rangers them saying he wasnt upto speed at all!
        Mate, you were one of the biggest advocates on here for giving Shodipo more game time. You've also bigged Ollie up for selecting the likes of BOS, Oteh, Smyth & Eze in recent months. What's the difference between Goss and those players?

Personally I can't see a difference other than the fact that Goss is less of an athlete and more of a cultured footballer, and as such, Ollie hasn't got a Scooby what to do with him!

Comment

• Originally posted by FurtiveFox View Post
          100%. Shows Ollie up yet again in public. Only rationale after everything that's happened for him to still be in employment is he and Uncle are lovers.
          Why does it show him up furtive? just reread all of it and there is nothing wrong with how ollie has behaved at all, he says the rangers manager knew he wasnt for sale when they took him on loan, so obviously its annoyed our manager the rangers boss saying out loud they want to sign him, when hes been told hes not for sale! if it was me personally out of spite id recall him, one for there manager doing that & two for goss speaking up when hes played a few games in scotland and his career & hes 22 already, but shouldnt be saying anything.

Comment

Mate, you were one of the biggest advocates on here for giving Shodipo more game time. You've also bigged Ollie up for selecting the likes of BOS, Oteh, Smyth & Eze in recent months. What's the difference between Goss and those players?

Personally I can't see a difference other than the fact that Goss is less of an athlete and more of a cultured footballer, and as such, Ollie hasn't got a Scooby what to do with him!
            I agree i do big up playing youngsters etc tarbie, but also loaning one or two doesnt do them any harm, at the end of the day goss should shut up as its not like hes tore up a whole season there is it now, it just makes him look a trouble maker as hes been at rangers 5 mins!

Comment

I agree i do big up playing youngsters etc tarbie, but also loaning one or two doesnt do them any harm, at the end of the day goss should shut up as its not like hes tore up a whole season there is it now, it just makes him look a trouble maker as hes been at rangers 5 mins!
              i dont think he came across as a trouble maker at all, its a standard interview from a player out on loan. its just ambiguous which is to be expected and honest anyway, what would you do in goss' situation? hes excelling out on loan at rangers but is keeping his options open, he might well want to come back to us but its debateable whether he could 1) fit into the team and 2) do well at this level.

hes thought of far more highly at rangers than he is here thats for sure

Comment

• Wonder how Goss would be getting on if he took that loan offer from Yeovil....

Comment

Did you even watch the interview mate? All the guy said is that Ollie told him that he didn't fit with the way he wanted to play. Dunno how that makes him a trouble maker. It's Ollie who's made trouble by shooting his mouth off again when the Rangers manager said Goss is a player he'd like to sign permanently. Goss has done nothing wrong. It's your pal Ollie that is giving the player mixed messages.

And by the way, I'm all for loaning players out too, and I'm glad Goss is doing well at Rangers. I'm just concerned that bridges may have been burned before he left and we may end up losing a player with the potential to do well for us!

Comment

Why does it show him up furtive? just reread all of it and there is nothing wrong with how ollie has behaved at all, he says the rangers manager knew he wasnt for sale when they took him on loan, so obviously its annoyed our manager the rangers boss saying out loud they want to sign him, when hes been told hes not for sale! if it was me personally out of spite id recall him, one for there manager doing that & two for goss speaking up when hes played a few games in scotland and his career & hes 22 already, but shouldnt be saying anything.
                    Shows up lack of man management skills and being able to keep his mouth shut when need be.

All he had to say to Goss is great opportunity to go up there, get some proper game time and shine. He basically told him he isn't in his plans and he has no chance here. Then shoots his mouth off yet again. What is wrong with him? Bloke is a disaster area. Seems out of control at times.

Agree with Tarbie don't think either Goss or Rangers manager have said anything out of order. Managers are always wanting to sign players on loan who have done well. Goss has not been disrespectful to club.

This has nothing to do with Goss' ability. Have no idea how he will do in the future. But has everything do with your dummy mate and how he handles things.

Comment

Did you even watch the interview mate? All the guy said is that Ollie told him that he didn't fit with the way he wanted to play. Dunno how that makes him a trouble maker. It's Ollie who's made trouble by shooting his mouth off again when the Rangers manager said Goss is a player he'd like to sign permanently. Goss has done nothing wrong. It's your pal Ollie that is giving the player mixed messages.

And by the way, I'm all for loaning players out too, and I'm glad Goss is doing well at Rangers. I'm just concerned that bridges may have been burned before he left and we may end up losing a player with the potential to do well for us!
                      Mixed m,essage i see there is him telling him hes not wanted so he goes and makes a big effort at rangers to prove him wrong! but have to admit i didnt watch it, i read everything on it so sorry there tarbs, still think far too much song & dancing going on by you lot, its non stop every day & same repeating every day, surprised it hasnt calmed down even after we`ve not played lol, too many mrs`s should be getting it instead of on here

Comment

• Originally posted by FurtiveFox View Post
                        Shows up lack of man management skills and being able to keep his mouth shut when need be.

All he had to say to Goss is great opportunity to go up there, get some proper game time and shine. He basically told him he isn't in his plans and he has no chance here. Then shoots his mouth off yet again. What is wrong with him? Bloke is a disaster area. Seems out of control at times.

Agree with Tarbie don't think either Goss or Rangers manager have said anything out of order. Managers are always wanting to sign players on loan who have done well. Goss has not been disrespectful to club.

This has nothing to do with Goss' ability. Have no idea how he will do in the future. But has everything do with your dummy mate and how he handles things.
                        And how do you know he just came straight out with it like that, how do you not know they had a slight fallout before? no one knows do they, ollies not the type of person to say to a player whos really training hard and doing well & nothing wrong youre not in my plans just like that, i would of thought there would of been some reason for it! maybe hes trying harder in scotland with it being a bigger club, was goss tearing up our reserves or under 23s furtive as i dont know?
                        Last edited by Pinkie; 05-03-2018, 07:13 PM.

Comment

• The big question for me is when goss has played for our under23s etc has he been outstanding and warranted being picked for the first team?

Comment

The big question for me is when goss has played for our under23s etc has he been outstanding and warranted being picked for the first team?
                            Depends on what position and what tactics were being used.

Comment

• Goss ain't coming back. We can huff puff ,Ollie can moan they tapping him up but he wanted up there. His head turned and bet behind scenes a deal being discussed
                              Chelmsford City the home of Radio

Comment

Cracking me up this thread is, talk about a carry on over a player thats hardly played & only gone out on loan, a right palava....
                                But it isn't just about Goss Pinkie, like I've said before...bigger picture. You and I agreed about Shodipo not being given a fair crack - you think he'll be back and I don't , nor Goss and I said so about both when they got shipped out. If neither come back would you move, even ever so slightly, towards the opinion of many on here that Holloway is an awful manager? I used to admire you sticking up for him even though I disagreed. Now it's getting a bit weird.

Comment

Working...
                                X