No announcement yet.

Crucial result

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stickie this post for remaining games. We are cr@p. Every result is crucial. Wolves watch out!

Comment

We were pretty awful first half and could have gone in 2 down at half time.If the ref had given the blatant penalty then Washington would have more than likely missed it rather than Scowen scoring. Missed a lot of one on ones late in the second half when they were pushing forward for an equaliser. Wash and Samuel twice and Pav once when he should have squared it.
      Washington has a lovely first touch unfortunately has an abysmal second touch.Iam sorry but again there are not many positives to take against a really bad side and we could only get one goal.We would be lucky if the crowd was 10k today allowing for STholders who were not there. Great spaces around the upper loft.

Comment

Originally posted by maidstone_hoop View Post
        All about the points and these were a big 3. Ten points clear of the drop and probably 4wims away from safety this year.

Frustrated with Holloway’s inept tactics and Washington drives me mad but considering the circumstances surrounding the club at the movement I will be over the moon if we just stay up in this league and right now it looks like we’ll be ok.

Just a shame the board can’t show a little more ambition as if they invested in a half decent manager and a couple of important positions in the first team then I think we’d be a decent top 12champiomship side.
        But can we get four wins it will be hard by past form and a manager who is clueless.

Comment

Originally posted by 72bus View Post
          barnsley should have been out of sight in the 1st half , awful game we rode our luck in the end when the shot came off lynch could of gone anywhere, 3 points we move on
          Out of sight? I can only remember them properly challenging Smithies once.
          Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
          Pawel Wszolek - 6
          Luke Freeman - 6
          Matt Smith - 6
          Ebere Eze - 4
          Joel Lynch - 3
          Tomer Hemed - 3
          Toni Leistner - 2
          Massimo Luongo- 2
          Angel Rangel - 2
          Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
          Geoff Cameron - 1
          Aramide Oteh - 1
          Jake Bidwell - 1
          Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

Originally posted by Macca View Post
            But can we get four wins it will be hard by past form and a manager who is clueless.
            I think so, home games against Sunderland, Birmingham, Bolton, Forest, Preston, Sheff Wed and even aways to Hull and Reading are very winnable imo.
            Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
            Pawel Wszolek - 6
            Luke Freeman - 6
            Matt Smith - 6
            Ebere Eze - 4
            Joel Lynch - 3
            Tomer Hemed - 3
            Toni Leistner - 2
            Massimo Luongo- 2
            Angel Rangel - 2
            Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
            Geoff Cameron - 1
            Aramide Oteh - 1
            Jake Bidwell - 1
            Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

Originally posted by Ginger Ninja View Post
              I think so, home games against Sunderland, Birmingham, Bolton, Forest, Preston, Sheff Wed and even aways to Hull and Reading are very winnable imo.
              I hope so but remember we do things different.

Comment

I hope so but remember we do things different.
                That's true. More likely to win next week then lose at home to Bolton.

Comment

Originally posted by Ginger Ninja View Post
                  True, but we are QPR just as likely to get something at Wolves, Sheffield Utd and Leeds instead......shouldn't get sucked into it now though.

Comment

If Holloway is clueless, what does that make Heckingbottom ?

Comment

Come on lads fill yer boots we are shlt win lose or draw , there's no excuse cos we have such wonderful strikers that means the rest of team can play full of confidence with without the threat of the opposition hitting us on the break

Comment

In all fairness to Holloway - we’ve beaten Barnsley, Birmingham and Burton when needed. 4 wins from 16 games with the likes of Sunderland, Bolton, Forrest to play at home plus away games at reading and Hull I think we’ll be fine.

My frustration this year is with Holloway and the board as I believe a better manager with this squad would have us sitting on a further 10-12 points in the top half. Especially if we had just spent some money on a decent striker, rb and winger.

Comment

Big big win. Well done rangers.

Comment

In all fairness to Holloway - we’ve beaten Barnsley, Birmingham and Burton when needed. 4 wins from 16 games with the likes of Sunderland, Bolton, Forrest to play at home plus away games at reading and Hull I think we’ll be fine.

My frustration this year is with Holloway and the board as I believe a better manager with this squad would have us sitting on a further 10-12 points in the top half. Especially if we had just spent some money on a decent striker, rb and winger.
                            Maids buddy you say you think we'll be fine and that's fine but the January window is for teams that are in a dog fight to stay up or those in the fight to go up , therefore the price of players are at a premium , we would get far better value in the summer , this season was about staying up never mind what they said about play offs , we all knew back in august that where we are now is about what we would expect to be but the club coudnt say that cos that wouldnt help s/t sales or attendances any good

Comment

Originally posted by dogsrrs View Post
                              Maids buddy you say you think we'll be fine and that's fine but the January window is for teams that are in a dog fight to stay up or those in the fight to go up , therefore the price of players are at a premium , we would get far better value in the summer , this season was about staying up never mind what they said about play offs , we all knew back in august that where we are now is about what we would expect to be but the club coudnt say that cos that wouldnt help s/t sales or attendances any good
                              Over the season it’s clearly transpired that the objective of the club was to survive in the league and that is what we are doing. Your right Jan is a bad month to do business and my comments about recruitment are related to last summer.

I don’t think many were convinced Washinginton would do a job and we had no out and out left winger and arguably needed a rb. I look at the table and I see some very average teams with squads not to dissimilar to ours sitting on10-15 points than us, which is largely down to their managers playing with continuity and having some tactical nous.

If we had a Pulis, Warnock or even Karanka I think we would of been top 12 now with half a shout at flirting with the play offs.

Comment

Over the season it’s clearly transpired that the objective of the club was to survive in the league and that is what we are doing. Your right Jan is a bad month to do business and my comments about recruitment are related to last summer.

I don’t think many were convinced Washinginton would do a job and we had no out and out left winger and arguably needed a rb. I look at the table and I see some very average teams with squads not to dissimilar to ours sitting on10-15 points than us, which is largely down to their managers playing with continuity and having some tactical nous.

If we had a Pulis, Warnock or even Karanka I think we would of been top 12 now with half a shout at flirting with the play offs.
                                Karanka is one of the most boring dreary uninspiring managers out there and I would be devastated if we were to have him as our manager. Trust me he is dull and a complete bore that would put us in a very bad place so I do say to you maids be very careful what you wish for and don't start branding any kind of manager.
                                I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Working...
                                X