The table

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The table

Think we should pay some attention to the facts. I'm all for doom and gloom, but we aren't going down. The situation is what it is.

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=th...0355pl;mt;fp;1

There, as of writing we are 16th. Sheffield Wednesday nearly got to the play off final last year, now they're a point below us. Are they in freefall as some on here suggest we are?

It is not brilliant on the pitch, i'm no happy clapper, Holloway is not the future of this club. But he's managed to get us to a position where we'll have enough to lean on. Alot would probably change for the better overnight, with our current squad, if he wasn't in the box and someone more adept and modern was. But if we consider that FFP is stopping us buying anyone, and there's not exactly a line up to buy any of our current squad, who is likely to come in?! So we stuck. Shitty for ST holders and fans paying good money to watch week in and week out, but it's not like this is a surprise!? We've been a #### watch since Charlie left us, even then we were dull half the time. 6 years of mediocre.

TF, he's not exactly a genius. It doesn't take a genius to workout he's looking at the club more pragmatically now, OOC and and wat he can return on his investment, he and the rest have already lost alot of $$$ on this project. There are very few chairmen who are in this (infact can't name any) for the fun,it's all an investment/prestige thing. I reckon other businessmen would do better, and it's frustrating having us go backwards rather than forward.

But we aren't exactly on the verge of relegation or bankruptcy.

I guess i dunno what my point is, but it's just like, bloody hell have a cup of tea.

I guess we do have a bit of a points buffer at the moment but if we lose v Barnsley, Wolves and Bolton and others further on which as we've seen twice before what losing runs can do. Especially towards the end of last season then we could be in a proper relegation battle very quickly. We have some very tough games coming up including a few against those currently below us. If we don't start performing it could all change very quickly.

Comment

Originally posted by qprjeff1882 View Post
      I guess we do have a bit of a points buffer at the moment but if we lose v Barnsley, Wolves and Bolton and others further on which as we've seen twice before what losing runs can do. Especially towards the end of last season then we could be in a proper relegation battle very quickly. We have some very tough games coming up including a few against those currently below us. If we don't start performing it could all change very quickly.
      I agree that at the moment QPR have a buffer and as you say, a few defeats and that can easily be wiped out leaving QPR in the brown stuff.

QPR have now confirmed the injury situations with Sylla & Wheeler, which basically means we are saddled with Washington,Smith, Oteh and Eze are striking options unless someone is signed today or tomorrow. Those strikers do not look like they will be solving QPR's problems in attack and so another 6, 7 or 8 winless run could be on again.

Comment

One of the more frustrating things for me is that none of the midfielders really contribute to goals. Freeman may get the odd one or two but that's it. And with Holloway playing two full backs as wingbacks even they don't score whereas if we had proper wingers they normally get some. So if Washington and Smith don't score we're fooked. Can't really rely on the youngsters to be our saviour although if they do get more then that'll be great for their careers. And there are games tonight which could put us further in trouble making Saturdays game all the more important.

Comment

Originally posted by stanistheman View Post
          I agree that at the moment QPR have a buffer and as you say, a few defeats and that can easily be wiped out leaving QPR in the brown stuff.

QPR have now confirmed the injury situations with Sylla & Wheeler, which basically means we are saddled with Washington,Smith, Oteh and Eze are striking options unless someone is signed today or tomorrow. Those strikers do not look like they will be solving QPR's problems in attack and so another 6, 7 or 8 winless run could be on again.

Sylla and Wheeler barely play so no real loss to Ollie's plans there.

Point is there's so much pontification about stuff that isn't changing while FFP, Ollie and TF are here.

Comment

I agree that i think our buffer will be enough, as I can't see the bottom 3 getting above 50 points but that doesn't make it right to just except the rubbish on display lately. We are so consistently inconsistent it is a worry, we lost to 10 men on Saturday, although its more the performance level than the result, as was our recent Millwall defeat.Yet we can also beat Cardiff, Sheff Utd and Wolves, even if we did get a little lucky in doing so. We are more than likely to go on another 4 games defeat run again this season but we should be ok due to the others inadequacies. We must though then sort this out in the summer, i would prefer to do it now, whilst there are 3 or 4 managers free but it seems they are sticking with Olly for now.

Comment

Originally posted by stanistheman View Post

Mackie is back in 6 weeks #justsayin

Comment

Could do with Brum v Sunderland and Burton v Reading being draws tonight and Hull losing to Leeds.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Wilson View Post
                  Mackie is back in 6 weeks #justsayin
                  lovely.
                  nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Comment

Don’t think current eight points is anywhere close to having a buffer. Everyone below has game in hand barring one side.

Assuming one of Birmingham Sunderland win tonight the buffer could be down to five points which is no buffer at all with ollies record of going on long runs of defeats

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
                      Don’t think current eight points is anywhere close to having a buffer. Everyone below has game in hand barring one side.

Assuming one of Birmingham Sunderland win tonight the buffer could be down to five points which is no buffer at all with ollies record of going on long runs of defeats
                      hmmmmmmm time for a mini update.
                      nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Comment

Working...
                      X