The magnificent three

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The magnificent three

The midfield three were much praised at the start of the season, me included, but are they really all that as a unit??

People said that prem clubs were after Scowen when we got him!!!! Not having that having watched him this is his level he’s no prem player. He’s solid but apart from breaking up play what else does he bring to the table?? His mistakes are becoming bit of a liability

Shared views on Freeman on other thread so won’t labour the point

Mass the best of the lot but his performances have plummeted in recent weeks. Not interested in the stats I’m talking about what I’m watching he’s slow across the pitch and keeps giving ball away

We’re s hit and something needs changing so perhaps one of these three needs to sit on the bench and someone else gets opportunity. Our formation, which don’t suit us, seems to be deployed because the manager does not have the balls too drop one of these three

I would have Cousins in there and given 8-10 games to show he is better than he has shown so far.

Comment

Originally posted by 1973 ranger View Post
      I would have Cousins in there and given 8-10 games to show he is better than he has shown so far.
      For who or just change formation?

Comment

Freeman and Scowen with Pawel out wide. Luongo and Cousins played in a pre season game v Watford under JFH and looked good as a pair.

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
          The midfield three were much praised at the start of the season, me included, but are they really all that as a unit??

People said that prem clubs were after Scowen when we got him!!!! Not having that having watched him this is his level he’s no prem player. He’s solid but apart from breaking up play what else does he bring to the table?? His mistakes are becoming bit of a liability

Mass the best of the lot but his performances have plummeted in recent weeks. Not interested in the stats I’m talking about what I’m watching he’s slow across the pitch and keeps giving ball away

We’re s hit and something needs changing so perhaps one of these three needs to sit on the bench and someone else gets opportunity. Our formation, which don’t suit us, seems to be deployed because the manager does not have the balls too drop one of these three
          Great shout. Cant disagree with anything there.

I like Scowen but him sitting infont of the back 4 picking up the ball doesn't help us further forward at all and is an easy way out. Stay in the middle man.

Freeman looks like he thinks we're a stepping stone to the big time and couldn't give a ####. Decent stats though.

Mas, again decent stats but nowhere near the dominant force he needs to be for us.

Comment

Have to agree it seems these 3 are the first names on team sheet and the formation is built around them but it's not working .i think all 3 can play but in a different formation , there's hardly a goal scored between the 3 of them all season . What's wrong with a flat back 4 with scowen and mass centre mid and freeman behind a striker that way allowing 2 wingers to play or am I missing something.

Comment

What’s wrong with that you ask Rod???? The manager

Comment

Would drop Scowen. Been poor for a while now. I wouldn't play Bidwell as a wingback though so picking teams is pointless as will get nowhere near what Ollies puts out.

Comment

I think I agree willow think Scowen might need a rest

Comment

well, there is one thing that almost everyone agrees on............. the 352 garbage has to end.

if he still wants to keep the 3 in the middle then 451 is the way to go.

but one thing is for sure, woslek must be in the starting 11 as a winger ffs
                    nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Comment

I actually think our 352 is actually 532 as we don’t have WB so they don’t get forward

Comment

Agree said on match thread middle 3not at the races today,why tired,out of form,
                        fed up with the game plan,tactics don't know but not at it today

Comment

I actually think our 352 is actually 532 as we don’t have WB so they don’t get forward
                          True Westy....2 fullbacks playing as wingbacks with Furs and Bidwell so really 5 defenders. Wszolek tries to get forward when played RWB but wasted there.....meanwhile we buy Wheeler, BOS, Goss, Cousins, Borysiuk etc yet they don't fit any system we play.

Comment

Some on here reckon the club reads this stuff. If so, print off and circulate.

Comment

Agree West, things are going wrong with this 3 and to echo what has been said, Ollie has played a formation around these 3 and it's not working atm! Cousins if he is ever healthy would be a good shout to play in the middle for a change, maybe these guys just need to be rested here and there because they have run a lot of miles this season, they all look tired!
                              @gatorTFC

Comment

Working...
                              X