Welcome 'The Loft Boys'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Bluehoop View Post
    The problem is some people are just not prepared to have fun, they have to be miserable and constantly moaning. Most of their stories being with "During the War" because most of these people are just dull old miseries that find it unfair that any younger generation could possibly want to enjoy their day at the football #VictorMeldrew
    Hang on, how does that work?

The atmosphere was apparently better in the old days but the older fans don't know how to have fun?

You'll have to run that pass me.

The problem is that I, and others, have with such groups is that it is false and manufactured support: shock horror, games at home against Middlesboro' have crappy atmospheres! . It also can stray into embarrassment as anyone who attended the game at Craven Cottage and their clappers can attest to. It can also, as I have pointed out, have an adverse effect on the policing of our games because it antagonises drunken idiots.

As I asked, why can't they just do what generation after generation have done previously which is go to the pub with their mates, have a few pints and a few laughs and go to the football? Sorry, I forget, that won't get enough likes on social media...

Comment

• Originally posted by hal9thou View Post

The problem is that there is a massive swerve from the reality, which is that terraces and decent performances on the park tend to do the trick if you want real atmosphere. Both the things will eventually return.

Exactly. Our attendances are consistent with our history so we aren't losing support because of our 'boring' atmospheres.

I asked the OP what he thought atmospheres were like when we played Wimbledon in front of 9,000 fans, Sunderland after 9 consecutive defeats or midweek games against Sheffield Wednesday or teams of such ilk but he has failed to answer.

There's a reason why our fans look back at '67, '75, '82, '83, '93, '04, '11 and '13 with huge swathes of nostalgia and you will struggle to remember being at some matches for most other seasons. Success.

Comment

• Atmosphere comes with the performances on the pitch. One of the best I've ever seen in recent tmes was at a game we LOST against Man City in 2011. Amazing game and anmazing atmosphere under the lights, doing the Poznan, tearing Joe Hart a new one about his head and shoulders advert.....the fact we really took the game to City was the catalyst, nothing more.

Atmosphere is there...only have to go to away games to know that. Just need a team that people want to shout about.

Comment

• I think saying atmosphere comes with team performances ,although true ,misses the point . These young lads dont want to sit there in a sterile atmosphere anymore waiting for the performances to improve to create some noise . They want to get the atmosphere going whether we win lose or draw and hopefully to inspire the team to improve , and if they succeed then good on them . The atmosphere has never been deader than what it is now in my time at Rangers ( since 81 ) and these lot can only improve it .
          Rangers,Scooters ,Tunes and Trainers

Comment

• Originally posted by vespa View Post
            I think saying atmosphere comes with team performances ,although true ,misses the point . These young lads dont want to sit there in a sterile atmosphere anymore waiting for the performances to improve to create some noise . They want to get the atmosphere going whether we win lose or draw and hopefully to inspire the team to improve , and if they succeed then good on them . The atmosphere has never been deader than what it is now in my time at Rangers ( since 81 ) and these lot can only improve it .
            I get that...just don't think the atmosphere will carry that far from 50 people in one corner without the team raising their game too.....far too many people more bothered about detailed player stats and moaning about the manager than enjoying themselves with a beer and a witty chant...!

Comment

• Originally posted by vespa View Post
              . The atmosphere has never been deader than what it is now in my time at Rangers ( since 81 ) and these lot can only improve it .
              I think the problem isn't QPR related but football related.

In the 80s, for example, there was always a case of 'well, you never know' which made us truly believe that one day we'd actually win trophies especially because teams of similar statue did so and although there were bigger clubs, there wasn't a monopoly.

Now, as we saw ourselves, we'd have to sell our souls, again, to stay up in the Premier League and even in this division there is a clear divide forming between the haves and have not. Therefore the romance of the game is being stripped away, season-by-season.

But you still get great atmospheres against a cluster of clubs and poor ones against the rest. Nothing has changed in that respect.

Comment

• Originally posted by OldR View Post
                even in this division there is a clear divide forming between the haves and have not.
                Don't believe that personally. Millwall have spent fck all and gone on a 17 game unbeaten run. Cardiff haven't spent anywhere near Middlesborough but have been in the top 2 all season.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post

Don't believe that personally. Millwall have spent fck all and gone on a 17 game unbeaten run. Cardiff haven't spent anywhere near Middlesborough but have been in the top 2 all season.
                  Very true and then you have Burnley on Arsenal's coat tails in the EPL and the title winning Leicester City in 2016..........I'm sure all the experts said that wouldn't happen ever! As much as it's the hope that kills us, it is the same hope that motivates most of us too
                  #standuptocancer
                  #inyourfacecancer

Comment

• Just want to say thanks to everyone that’s supported and helped us this season. A lot of planning and work to do but a big season ahead for us.

Comment

• Originally posted by QPRDave View Post

Why should the younguns enjoy watching this bl**dy club, when us olduns never have!!
                      Actually this does raise a serious point.

There really was a time (mid 60s to mid 70s) when we were genuinely good, sometimes exceptional, and the place rocked.
                      Maybe those of us who witnessed it live, man and boy in my case, find it particularly hard to accept how relatively shi_te everything is now. We expect better.

Originally posted by TheLoftBoys82 View Post
                      A lot of planning and work to do but a big season ahead for us.
                      Isn't that quote direct from Co Chairman Bungle?

Comment

• Loft Boys stickers and scarves are now available at http://theloftboys.bigcartel.com . Donations are also welcomed via PayPal to theloftboys82@gmail.com.
                        All money made will go towards flags, stadium displays and maintaining initiatives such as free period products at Loftus Road.

Comment

• You guys still making effort in Y block

Comment

• A lot of the trouble with support at the ground is the acoustics. From where I sit in the Loft Y block seems like a library, which I'm sure it isn't, and more than likely vice versa ( no QPR Dave that's not a gay Italian).

Comment

• Originally posted by TheLoftBoys82 View Post
                              Loft Boys stickers and scarves are now available at http://theloftboys.bigcartel.com . Donations are also welcomed via PayPal to theloftboys82@gmail.com.
                              All money made will go towards flags, stadium displays and maintaining initiatives such as free period products at Loftus Road.
                              Can you explain why you pretended this was all about improving the atmosphere when you are using it as a platform to promote your left-wing beliefs?

If I am wrong about this, please can you explain why you have 'Renationalise the railways' stickers and the relevance to 'improving the atmosphere' at Loftus Road? Also, if you are not using this to promote your left-wing beliefs, can you explain why you have a range of Antifa stickers in your shop?

There are many QPR fans who agree with these political sentiments and many who do not, however, as you should know by reading this site, we put our political differences aside when we step through the turnstiles and have an unwritten but important rule that if you're a QPR fan during a match you're 'one of us' regardless of where you cast your x in a polling station.

That is something generation after generation of QPR fans have developed and it is NOT your place to bring political factions into Loftus Road.

You once said that 'We are not here to embarrass the club', suddenly a wannabe Crystal Palace Always Ultra group seems more enticing...

Comment

• Originally posted by OldR
                                The problem with these types of 'groups' is that, if they are 'successful' it means the whole ground relies on them to create an atmosphere and they develop a sense of self-importance: check out the Green Brigade at Celtic and the always ultras at Crystal Palace...

They can also be a bit naff too.

Do we need orchestrated chanting with a silly bloke at the front, not even watching the game, telling others what to sing and when? I've been going since 1984 and we didn't need it then....

***Edit*** didn't realise that was my first post, thought I had a couple already under my belt...

Hello everyone.
                                Already en-route to their own self importance...

Comment

Working...
                                X