No announcement yet.

Welcome 'The Loft Boys'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One thing that is needed is some new songs!

Throughout the years we have had some catchy songs for players (Shittu, Birch, Gallen etc..) and LR was always bouncing.

We could do with some new songs. All we have now is the generic "There's only one... *players names* "

I noticed the "QPR FC... from the white cityy.." song seemed popular and people joined in.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheLoftBoys82 View Post

Many of us have been doing that for years, but it does not have the same affect anymore.

As I've previously mentioned in this thread, look at the likes of Huddersfield and Watford, their support groups have improved atmospheres, increased ticket sales, done great work for the community, connected players and fans, been a communication link behind fans and the club, huge number of benefits once supporters groups become established.
      No, what improved those atmospheres and ticket sales was success on the pitch, not waving home-made flags.

Not sure how old you are but I'll let you into a little secret... Football isn't always exciting. Loftus Road isn't always exciting.

I'll ask again, how amazing do you think the home atmosphere was midweek against Sheffield Wednesday or teams of such ilk?

As I said on page 2: "The amount of 'amazing' atmospheres at Loftus Road in the 70s/80s/90s - like most grounds in the country - can be counted on the fingers of your average Norfolk family's fingers. How atmospheric do people really think it was playing Wimbledon at home in front of 9,000 fans, Sunderland - after 9 consecutive defeats - in front of 12,000 or Coventry City in front of 11,000? Yes, we were lucky to be in Division One when we had plenty of London derbies (in 89/90, for example, we had Spurs, Arsenal, Chelsea, Millwall, Crystal Palace, Charlton and Wimbledon) alongside matches against Utd and Liverpool, which always allowed for great atmospheres but the rest were, just like now, hit and miss."

Actually, in that game against Coventry there was one bloke who brought up a drum to the Upper Loft and he had to leave at half time because of the amount of abuse he was getting...

Have a few pints, sit in the upper Loft and sing your heart out. Waving flags is only about raising YOUR profile and pure narcissism.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lovellbubble2 View Post
        Unfortunately due to the design of the Ellerslie road roof, noise generate at one end of that stand cannot be heard at the other end.
        I think the loft boys have made the right decision choosing the end where the away fans can hear them which will allow chants to flow back & forth, this will encourage others to join in.
        Keep going lads.
        The location is fine if we are to endure this group as long as they don't turn it into a replica of the Always Ultras. If they start to act like some 'gang' it doesn't increase 'banter' but causes antagonism and eventually higher Police presence: ironically the Always Ultras are notoriously fast on their feet at the first hint of trouble despite their choreographed 'hard man' look...

Comment

• Originally posted by OldR View Post

No, what improved those atmospheres and ticket sales was success on the pitch, not waving home-made flags.

Not sure how old you are but I'll let you into a little secret... Football isn't always exciting. Loftus Road isn't always exciting.

I'll ask again, how amazing do you think the home atmosphere was midweek against Sheffield Wednesday or teams of such ilk?

As I said on page 2: "The amount of 'amazing' atmospheres at Loftus Road in the 70s/80s/90s - like most grounds in the country - can be counted on the fingers of your average Norfolk family's fingers. How atmospheric do people really think it was playing Wimbledon at home in front of 9,000 fans, Sunderland - after 9 consecutive defeats - in front of 12,000 or Coventry City in front of 11,000? Yes, we were lucky to be in Division One when we had plenty of London derbies (in 89/90, for example, we had Spurs, Arsenal, Chelsea, Millwall, Crystal Palace, Charlton and Wimbledon) alongside matches against Utd and Liverpool, which always allowed for great atmospheres but the rest were, just like now, hit and miss."

Actually, in that game against Coventry there was one bloke who brought up a drum to the Upper Loft and he had to leave at half time because of the amount of abuse he was getting...

Have a few pints, sit in the upper Loft and sing your heart out. Waving flags is only about raising YOUR profile and pure narcissism.
          Correct, football is not always exciting but as we have said a number of times, if you were a young lad going to Loftus Road what would attract you to go again?

Also, this is not about our profile at all, only a few know who we are and we are a group of like-minded individuals who all just want to improve the atmosphere. We are not doing this for ourselves, for the foreseeable future we will most probably stay anonymous and purely be within a group singing at games. Many people believe the atmosphere needs to improve, we are doing this for everyone that believes that, not ourselves.

Comment

Correct, football is not always exciting but as we have said a number of times, if you were a young lad going to Loftus Road what would attract you to go again?

Also, this is not about our profile at all, only a few know who we are and we are a group of like-minded individuals who all just want to improve the atmosphere. We are not doing this for ourselves, for the foreseeable future we will most probably stay anonymous and purely be within a group singing at games. Many people believe the atmosphere needs to improve, we are doing this for everyone that believes that, not ourselves.
            if you were a young lad going to Loftus Road what would attract you to go again?

Kids come back because it's their Dad's team. It's honestly as simple as that.

The average attendances are consistent compared with our history (http://european-football-statistics....tnclub/qpr.htm) and the atmospheres haven't changed if you don't look back through rose-tinted spectacles.

Also, if your'e not doing this for yourselves, why have a group name and why publicise where you'll be?

Comment

• Originally posted by OldR View Post

if you were a young lad going to Loftus Road what would attract you to go again?

Kids come back because it's their Dad's team. It's honestly as simple as that.

The average attendances are consistent compared with our history (http://european-football-statistics....tnclub/qpr.htm) and the atmospheres haven't changed if you don't look back through rose-tinted spectacles.

Also, if your'e not doing this for yourselves, why have a group name and why publicise where you'll be?
              We have a group name because it has allowed people to connect with us on social media, people have given us ideas and recommendations. The reason we publicise where we'll be is to allow others to join us and to be involved if they want.

Unfortunately I don't think we'll see eye to eye, but I do hope over the next couple of seasons we can change your mind and you can notice an improvement in atmospheres.

Comment

• Originally posted by JOYCEY View Post
                One thing that is needed is some new songs!

Throughout the years we have had some catchy songs for players (Shittu, Birch, Gallen etc..) and LR was always bouncing.

We could do with some new songs. All we have now is the generic "There's only one... *players names* "

I noticed the "QPR FC... from the white cityy.." song seemed popular and people joined in.
                Joycey...give us a song!, Joycey, Joycey give us a song !

Comment

• Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post

Joycey...give us a song!, Joycey, Joycey give us a song !
                  Get your t*ts out for the lads.. get your t*its out for the lads!

A personally favourite of mine

Comment

• Don't think I've heard Captain Jack in a long time. Then again I'm rarely down by the loft thesedays so no big surprise.

Comment

Singing just doesn't work on its own anymore,
                      I'm not sure what you're proposing as an add on, but I can tell you what works.

Success on the pitch. That does wonders. You can't manufacture or market a good vibe, it all starts with what's happening out there.

In the meantime signing up the safe standing campaign would be an excellent idea. Despite the recent knock back, this will happen.

Comment

• The atmosphere at Loftus Road has been in decline for a number of years, even when we are winning we are still one of the quieter set of Hòme fans in this division.
                        My understanding is that the Loft boys are proposing that instead of taking your seat & waiting for the team to score a goal or two before making any noise why not sit/stand in XBlock and get some atmosphere going even if we’re not winning.
                        From reading this thread it’s clear to see that it’s not for everyone but I’m sure there are a lot of People that will give it go enjoy themselves and have some fun. Sounds good to me

Comment

• The problem is some people are just not prepared to have fun, they have to be miserable and constantly moaning. Most of their stories being with "During the War" because most of these people are just dull old miseries that find it unfair that any younger generation could possibly want to enjoy their day at the football #VictorMeldrew
                          #standuptocancer
                          #inyourfacecancer

Comment

• Originally posted by Bluehoop View Post
                            The problem is some people are just not prepared to have fun, they have to be miserable and constantly moaning. Most of their stories being with "During the War" because most of these people are just dull old miseries that find it unfair that any younger generation could possibly want to enjoy their day at the football #VictorMeldrew
                            Wow. Do still have active posters who were involved in WW2? Hoops were poor then as well so they'd feel right at home.

The problem is that there is a massive swerve from the reality, which is that terraces and decent performances on the park tend to do the trick if you want real atmosphere. Both the things will eventually return.

I never went to football for a family friendly amosphere, or organised good times, or mascots...... But the old place rocked and the evidence is on plenty of clips. Kids loved it too.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bluehoop View Post
                              The problem is some people are just not prepared to have fun, they have to be miserable and constantly moaning. Most of their stories being with "During the War" because most of these people are just dull old miseries that find it unfair that any younger generation could possibly want to enjoy their day at the football #VictorMeldrew
                              Why should the younguns enjoy watching this bl**dy club, when us olduns never have!!
                              Maybe they need preparing for a lifetime of disappointment if they last that long!

Comment

• Originally posted by QPRDave View Post

Why should the younguns enjoy watching this bl**dy club, when us olduns never have!!
                                Maybe they need preparing for a lifetime of disappointment if they last that long!
                                Oh I don't know Dave, there was a game in '71 that was half decent
                                #standuptocancer
                                #inyourfacecancer

Comment

Working...
                                X