Welcome 'The Loft Boys'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by JOYCEY View Post
    Fair play for wanting to generate a better atmosphere at LR fellas but I can't stand the likes of Palace, who try to replicate the italian "ultra" style.

We can all try and get behind the team more without waving banners and having a "conductor".

Next you will be suggesting we all wear black and jump up and down!
    British football culture is changing, we are not suggesting to all wear black and call ourselves ultras, but things can be adapted.

Look at the likes of Huddersfield, Watford, Bristol City etc, all teams with similar groups that are there to purely bring something new to the stadium and get everyone together.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheLoftBoys82 View Post

Saturday was a great experience for us
      glad someone enjoyed it.....

Comment

• Originally posted by Bluehoop View Post
        Fair enough for that fella, but to be totally honest, other than the flag waving before kick off, we didn't see or hear any impact at all. But like you say, Q and R sounds decent from the Upper Loft so I'm sure there's room for improvement. I'm sure we all hope so because the atmosphere needs a huge lift.
        I think R, P and Q blocks can be heard fro the pitch ok and also any 'give us a wave' chants are normally responded to as well.
        When I used to sit in X Block you couldn't hear much so it must be the acoustics.

Comment

• Originally posted by JOYCEY View Post
          Fair play for wanting to generate a better atmosphere at LR fellas but I can't stand the likes of Palace, who try to replicate the italian "ultra" style.

We can all try and get behind the team more without waving banners and having a "conductor".

Next you will be suggesting we all wear black and jump up and down!
          I don't like them (mainly because it is my local team and most of my family and mates support them) but the atmosphere at Palace is miles better than it used to be 5-10 years ago. Credit where it is due. I think they even came third in a recent poll of noisiest fans after Liverpool and the Geordies.

Comment

We had a prematch display with flags and a banner, stood and sang throughout but there was only a small group of us.

It is small steps but we have more planned for next season.

As someone who is a season ticket holder in the Upper Loft, I was unaware that the Q and R block is almost completely unheard from the X block and the away end.

We have a number of things to now work on, and we're positive we can make a difference. It'll take some time but we believe our aim is still achievable.
            Flags and banners but aren't going to be like Palace's Always Ultras.... 🤔

Please, don't embarrass yourselves or this club.

Just sing songs like we did in the 80s FFS.

Comment

• Originally posted by OldR View Post
              Flags and banners but aren't going to be like Palace's Always Ultras.... ��

Please, don't embarrass yourselves or this club.

Just sing songs like we did in the 80s FFS.
              We are supporters of the club as well and have been for a long time, there is no reason for us to want to embarrass the club.

Singing just doesn't work on its own anymore, Q and R block try and sing and very few join in.

If you were a young lad going to Loftus Road for the first time, what would attract you to go again?

Comment

We are supporters of the club as well and have been for a long time, there is no reason for us to want to embarrass the club.

Singing just doesn't work on its own anymore, Q and R block try and sing and very few join in.

If you were a young lad going to Loftus Road for the first time, what would attract you to go again?
                Holloway: What went wrong lads? I thought 3-5-2 was the way forward but you convinced me that 4-4-2 was, AND YOU STILL LOST.

Anonymous player :Sorry boss, it is the right tactics but the fans didn't have banners and flags so how are we meant to do better?

Honestly... Get a grip...

Have a few pints, get to the ground just before kick off and have a laugh with your mates singing a few songs as well...

It's not rocket science.

Comment

Holloway: What went wrong lads? I thought 3-5-2 was the way forward but you convinced me that 4-4-2 was, AND YOU STILL LOST.

Anonymous player :Sorry boss, it is the right tactics but the fans didn't have banners and flags so how are we meant to do better?

Have a few pints, get to the ground just before kick off and have a laugh with your mates singing a few songs as well...

It's not rocket science.
                  Many of us have been doing that for years, but it does not have the same affect anymore.

As I've previously mentioned in this thread, look at the likes of Huddersfield and Watford, their support groups have improved atmospheres, increased ticket sales, done great work for the community, connected players and fans, been a communication link behind fans and the club, huge number of benefits once supporters groups become established.

Comment

It's v easy to have little digs but at least these guys are trying something different. I think the least we can do is get behind them and/or get involved. After all nothing else has worked so far and the club IMO only worsened the atmosphere by changing Lower Loft to a family stand. Also, it's only been one game for TheLoftBoys so it really is very early days in their existence. The only slight oddity for me is the name 'Loft Boys' when they aren't actually located in or near the Loft.

Comment

• Keep it going fellas. Early days and I'm sure it will be a success in the long run.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stanley View Post
                        It's v easy to have little digs but at least these guys are trying something different. I think the least we can do is get behind them and/or get involved. After all nothing else has worked so far and the club IMO only worsened the atmosphere by changing Lower Loft to a family stand. Also, it's only been one game for TheLoftBoys so it really is very early days in their existence. The only slight oddity for me is the name 'Loft Boys' when they aren't actually located in or near the Loft.
                        We should probably explain the name as we have not yet done so, the name actually comes from the lyric of a Pete Doherty song "Hear the loft boys sing, come on you R's".

Thanks for the support as well, it's still early days for us.

Comment

Half time cheerleaders !

Comment

• Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
                            Half time cheerleaders !
                            I second this motion!
                            Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
                            Pawel Wszolek - 6
                            Luke Freeman - 6
                            Matt Smith - 6
                            Ebere Eze - 4
                            Joel Lynch - 3
                            Tomer Hemed - 3
                            Toni Leistner - 2
                            Massimo Luongo- 2
                            Angel Rangel - 2
                            Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
                            Geoff Cameron - 1
                            Aramide Oteh - 1
                            Jake Bidwell - 1
                            Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

We should probably explain the name as we have not yet done so, the name actually comes from the lyric of a Pete Doherty song "Hear the loft boys sing, come on you R's".

Thanks for the support as well, it's still early days for us.
                              Thanks for putting me straight about the name. It had crossed my mind you might be better known as The Lost Loft Boys". But now I know better.

BUT good luck with the BHX game and every success for next season. Saturday was a dismal day to spark any enthusiasm.

Comment

• Unfortunately due to the design of the Ellerslie road roof, noise generate at one end of that stand cannot be heard at the other end.
                                I think the loft boys have made the right decision choosing the end where the away fans can hear them which will allow chants to flow back & forth, this will encourage others to join in.
                                Keep going lads.

Comment

Working...
                                X