Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will Vine get back Toi His Best?

After such a bad injury.

I ask, because many have given up on Cook even though he is young, could our fans be saying the same things about Vine in 12 months?
    ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
    THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Hope he does get back to his best.We need to play him in the last few games to try and get him back in the swing of things so he is 100% for the new season.

Comment

think vine is more of a fighter than cook....so i think there will be a difference in the way he approaches things

Comment

if we really do sign two decent strikers his best chance of starting might be on the left, so it cd be a battle of the crocks. maybe we cd play them both with their broken legs tied together and see if we can get away with calling it one player....

Comment

I hope so. (short and sweet!)

Comment

vine at half his old best is still better than any striker we got atm

Comment

If you're expecting Vine to be our 20 goal a season striker. You will be disappointed. His goal ratio is about 1 in 4. He had a good season with Luton where he did score over 20 goals. But apart from that I'm not sure if he's hit double figures in league games. He is a good player but I don't know if he will be as good as he was before. How many of our players who have suffered serious injuries have returned as good as before. He is not the forward we're waiting on.

Comment

Hope so because we need him BIGTIME
                WE ARE QPR

Comment

Vine's a maker rather than scorer -- that's why Agyemang did so well alongside him.
                  I think all these players returning from long-term injury (including Cook)(and Lopez?) just need some stability, and a good pre-season with players who ideally we will keep for the whole season -- our turnover of players this season has been a joke.
                  Faurlin is my hero!!! Love him!!! #########

Comment

Vine is a fighter. Not expecting anything much this season but he will be desperate to prove himself again next season. If he can physically do it he will. Yes he may not be a great goal scorer but he is one of the most effective attacking players in this division. Him and Buzsaky fit and on form will make us very difficult to defend against.

Comment

i really hope so but only time will tell. i wouldnt play him to much for the rest of the season he shouldnt risk himself just needs a good pre season to get him started

Comment

Originally posted by FurtiveFox View Post
                        Vine is a fighter. Not expecting anything much this season but he will be desperate to prove himself again next season. If he can physically do it he will. Yes he may not be a great goal scorer but he is one of the most effective attacking players in this division. Him and Buzsaky fit and on form will make us very difficult to defend against.
                        What he said :bad_smile:

Vine is one of the most effective attacking players in this division and imo Vine
                        made Agyemang the goal scorer he was when he first come to the club,
                        and maybe Agyemang is our striker problem when they both play together???

But the problem then is if either player gets injuryed so maybe not :(
                        Last edited by qpr; 07-04-2009, 03:14 PM.
                        Under Les Ferdinand:
                        Luke Freeman, top assists in the league: 4million
                        Alex Smithies, great goalie for this club: 3,5million
                        Charlie Austin, 19 Premier League goals: 4million
                        Jack Robinson: Contract ran out, left for free
                        And many more mistakes

LES FERDINAND, IT'S TIME TO GO

Comment

i'm not sure we've even seen the best from him yet - afterall we insist on playing a proven goalscorer out wide - so i'm hoping for a bucket load of goals from the guy - given the correct service

Comment

lets hope so,was our best player last season

Comment

Working...
                            X