Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reality, fact, myth

Right here goes.
    We are not or ever really been or deserve to be a prem team. We simply not set up to be one. So what are we? Well now we are a sinking side with visions above their station and lost its identity in process. We should be a top half championship side who play a certain way in our tight ground. We use to and lots of people liked us. Now they either hate us or laugh.the club say they are going back to our roots but are they. They gone from boom to bust and no direction to just steady ship and build on our true level.
    We are a small club in London not arsenal.
    Chelmsford City the home of Radio

have always said this , people getting carried away with shiny new 30,000 stadiums . it was never going to happen and if it ever did would be full of tourists

Comment

Originally posted by 72bus View Post
      have always said this , people getting carried away with shiny new 30,000 stadiums . it was never going to happen and if it ever did would be full of tourists
      I thought they would pay the same ticket price.

Comment

Originally posted by Gtleighsr3 View Post
        Right here goes.
        We are not or ever really been or deserve to be a prem team. We simply not set up to be one. So what are we? Well now we are a sinking side with visions above their station and lost its identity in process. We should be a top half championship side who play a certain way in our tight ground. We use to and lots of people liked us. Now they either hate us or laugh.the club say they are going back to our roots but are they. They gone from boom to bust and no direction to just steady ship and build on our true level.
        We are a small club in London not arsenal.
        You are probably correct as of today but we were the best team in London once and were founding members of the Prem. You can't say 'never have been.'

Comment

Ok but football moved on and we didn't.we missed the boat
          Chelmsford City the home of Radio

Comment

Exactly.

Comment

Football is cyclical. I'm resigned to several more years of duffness before we can even hope to attain stable mid-championship mediocrity.

Comment

Originally posted by Abseits View Post
                Football is cyclical. I'm resigned to several more years of duffness before we can even hope to attain stable mid-championship mediocrity.
                mid Championship mediocrity is perfectly achievable now with the squad we have now.

The problem is the Manager is somewhere between Vauxhall Conference and Sunday League.

Comment

we are a small club , and always have been, we are dysfunctional , but there is something about QPR that just makes us ,just better than anyone else ! shame we arnt playing the football that this club deserves
                  Rangers,Scooters ,Tunes and Trainers

Comment

Originally posted by rodman View Post
                    mid Championship mediocrity is perfectly achievable now with the squad we have now.

The problem is the Manager is somewhere between Vauxhall Conference and Sunday League.
                    I am not sure that is fair, the team we have now is basically a CHEAP U23's. These are not even top draw U23's these are players we have brought when dropped from Premier league squads. Holloway has brought in some good Championship players like Baptist and Freeman while we lose players like Phillips and Caulker which were purchased for millions and paid high wages.

We have seen lots of young players given a chance in the 1st team with some successes, Mannings did well and now we are seeing Chair and Smyth given the run out.

Sadly, for me it is all about expectation ! people are being unrealistic. Other managers wouldn't want the QPR job because they would want a war chest to compete in the championship. Holloway wanted the opportunity to come back to Loftus road where in fairness didn't do bad in the past on a tight budget.

I personally am bored of this years football because we are in the rebuild mode, but I am excited about the future because I honestly feel we are slowly growing a team which we can associate with and be proud of !!

Maybe next year we will see a team which is 40% home grown and pushing for the play off's !! Now that is a footballing achievement.

Comment

Originally posted by Fozzieboy View Post
                      I am not sure that is fair, the team we have now is basically a CHEAP U23's. These are not even top draw U23's these are players we have brought when dropped from Premier league squads. Holloway has brought in some good Championship players like Baptist and Freeman while we lose players like Phillips and Caulker which were purchased for millions and paid high wages.

We have seen lots of young players given a chance in the 1st team with some successes, Mannings did well and now we are seeing Chair and Smyth given the run out.

Sadly, for me it is all about expectation ! people are being unrealistic. Other managers wouldn't want the QPR job because they would want a war chest to compete in the championship. Holloway wanted the opportunity to come back to Loftus road where in fairness didn't do bad in the past on a tight budget.

I personally am bored of this years football because we are in the rebuild mode, but I am excited about the future because I honestly feel we are slowly growing a team which we can associate with and be proud of !!

Maybe next year we will see a team which is 40% home grown and pushing for the play off's !! Now that is a footballing achievement.
                      Good post fozzie and bang on.
                      http://soundcloud.com/pinkie2

Comment

If Ollie remains here til next season (which I pray to god he isn't) then sorry, but that's not a footballing achievement, it's pure fantasy.

Comment

Of which division though?

Comment

Yeah moved on for the worse cant stand the prem & would love the old first division back when football was proper football & even proper footballs to kick more level playing field back then, just a pantamine now.
                            http://soundcloud.com/pinkie2

Comment

Originally posted by Pinkie View Post
                              cant stand the prem
                              There has been some absolutely blinding football played recently. The old D1 was often average. We were the exceptions rather than the rule when we came 2nd playing near total football. Just because the money is out of control doesn't mean the entertainment is poor. Citeh, Spurs, AFC (on their day), Liverpool etc are pretty watchable.

You're right about one thing. You don't need to be a master tactician at our level, but you absolutely do have to have enough tactical nous to set up according to squad strength . Ollie consistently fails to do this, and struggles to make changes in situ.

He really isn't very good at management these days, as all his recent form suggests. But that was there for all to see when he got the job. And the responsibility for that decision lies elsewhere.

Comment

Working...
                              X