Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Olly please do the decent thing and resign !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Jimmy Floyd Rabbit View Post
    Yep pinks that's it. Easy as that!

It's so easy you only have to play a confidence drained midfielder up front on his own away to Derby and leave 3 strikers on the bench to get a result..... oh wait!!
    Well cant explain the odd decisions jimmy but lets face it we probably wouldnt agree with most managers decisions mate, id play a different way anyway, think we`re best ball to feet and one touch and keeping it down apart from in the box
    http://soundcloud.com/pinkie2

Comment

• Originally posted by Pinkie View Post
      Well cant explain the odd decisions jimmy but lets face it we probably wouldnt agree with most managers decisions mate, id play a different way anyway, think we`re best ball to feet and one touch and keeping it down apart from in the box
      Agree fans will often disagree with managers but at least they can normally understand the rationale behind decisions! Not so with Wollie.

Bit like I can understand Uncle's rationale for all the previous managerial appointments but not current one ...

Comment

• Rowett was my number one choice as soon as JFH was sacked. Can build a team and the club up with not huge finances as shown at birmingham. Yet another great decision by our chairman to ignore his claims and employ Holloway.

Comment

• I remember me and pinks locking horns when Rowett got bullet and I said sack Ollie even though he had just taken up post

Comment

• Wasn't it the case that we interviewed Rowett but we couldn't pay him what he wanted? Or am I thinking of someone else?
            Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
            Pawel Wszolek - 6
            Luke Freeman - 6
            Matt Smith - 6
            Ebere Eze - 4
            Joel Lynch - 3
            Tomer Hemed - 3
            Toni Leistner - 2
            Massimo Luongo- 2
            Angel Rangel - 2
            Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
            Geoff Cameron - 1
            Aramide Oteh - 1
            Jake Bidwell - 1
            Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

• Not sure Ginger. More likely did not fancy the circus at loftus rd and remember not one person in the game except the owner of birmingham thought he should be sacked.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ginger Ninja View Post
                Wasn't it the case that we interviewed Rowett but we couldn't pay him what he wanted? Or am I thinking of someone else?
                I think you are correct, Ginger Ninja.
                QPR
                Best team in the world
                Sort of

Comment

• We tried to get Rowett, twice, he didn't want to come here. Tbh it's boring how people keep going on about it on here like the club f*ck*d up. It's also fairly tedious reading the endless round of Ollie out posts in about 52 different guises. We know his limitations - no surprises there - the only surprise is how some people treated his appointment like the second coming, only to then get all disappointed that it wasn't. He's a good man-motivator with limited tactical nous and a strangely inconsistent, maverick approach that sometimes pays off, but more often doesn't. He's a budget appointment for a team on a budget and right now I don't think we can afford anyone better. I reckon he'll keep us up.

Once FFP is sorted, one way or another, then, THEN we can talk about getting a better manager. However, I hold out little hope that the London moanathon will end before that point. Yes, sometimes he drives me mad with his inconsistent, bizarre, stubborn tactics and choices. Yes, he's a bit thick but thinks he's brilliant and his comedy act wears thin, yes, all of that... but then he'll pull it together and we get it right, just about more often than a stopped clock, and it's still better than it was under JFH. Maybe enjoy the good bits and focus on the positives for a change? They are there.

Comment

• I would say I've been fairly critical of hubs over the last year but that is a brilliant post and worded exactly how I feel. Yes this is a forum to air your views but the fact is the anti Ollie brigade want to completely avoid blaming the players. Apart from cousins and bidwell the rest are playing in a position that suits them and they are putting in erratic performances, so can't blame the manager for that inconsistent performance when he hasn't changed anything from 1 WK to the next. It was bloody obvious that we would lose that fa cup game and history would tell you that. I actually think we're about where we should be in the league, yes sorry to disappoint you but the squad is average at beat. Until we sign a goal scorer we will never be in the top half. Considering no money has been spent I'd take safety all day and we're on track for that.
                    I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

• Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
                      I would say I've been fairly critical of hubs over the last year but that is a brilliant post and worded exactly how I feel. Yes this is a forum to air your views but the fact is the anti Ollie brigade want to completely avoid blaming the players. Apart from cousins and bidwell the rest are playing in a position that suits them and they are putting in erratic performances, so can't blame the manager for that inconsistent performance when he hasn't changed anything from 1 WK to the next. It was bloody obvious that we would lose that fa cup game and history would tell you that. I actually think we're about where we should be in the league, yes sorry to disappoint you but the squad is average at beat. Until we sign a goal scorer we will never be in the top half. Considering no money has been spent I'd take safety all day and we're on track for that.
                      We are on track for safety, 2 wins in 11 games???,just above the relegation zone,I don't understand, please explain

Comment

• Originally posted by Hubble View Post
                        We tried to get Rowett, twice, he didn't want to come here. Tbh it's boring how people keep going on about it on here like the club f*ck*d up. It's also fairly tedious reading the endless round of Ollie out posts in about 52 different guises. We know his limitations - no surprises there - the only surprise is how some people treated his appointment like the second coming, only to then get all disappointed that it wasn't. He's a good man-motivator with limited tactical nous and a strangely inconsistent, maverick approach that sometimes pays off, but more often doesn't. He's a budget appointment for a team on a budget and right now I don't think we can afford anyone better. I reckon he'll keep us up.

Once FFP is sorted, one way or another, then, THEN we can talk about getting a better manager. However, I hold out little hope that the London moanathon will end before that point. Yes, sometimes he drives me mad with his inconsistent, bizarre, stubborn tactics and choices. Yes, he's a bit thick but thinks he's brilliant and his comedy act wears thin, yes, all of that... but then he'll pull it together and we get it right, just about more often than a stopped clock, and it's still better than it was under JFH. Maybe enjoy the good bits and focus on the positives for a change? They are there.
                        Thanks Hubs, you have put into words what I have been trying to do for weeks.

Also what Weare said
                        Minds Are Like Parachutes.
                        Work Best When Open...
                        @Nowt2SeeHere

Comment

• Originally posted by Rebel R's View Post
                          We are on track for safety, 2 wins in 11 games???,just above the relegation zone,I don't understand, please explain
                          Above relegation zone with half a season to go.
                          Minds Are Like Parachutes.
                          Work Best When Open...
                          @Nowt2SeeHere

Comment

• Originally posted by Fraggy View Post
                            Above relegation zone with half a season to go.
                            But look at how our season is going,so much like last season,starting well,and then sliding down the table,can't score ,only winning the occasional game .the way we have been playing in the past few months we certainly are not on track to stay up,we need to win more games,score goals and win the really crunch games like Burton on Saturday. I'm not saying we ARE going down but looking at us now,Holloway staying,no funds ,I'd say it's 50/50 whether we stay up or go down but 99% sure we will be fighting for survival in our last few games of the season.

Comment

• Hubs makes good points. I do sympathise with the fans' frustration though because even with a half-decent manager I believe we'd have had about 10 more points this season, which would have us in the top 10. We have passionate fans and what more can they do other than vent that frustration on a forum like this?

And rather than looking at the symptoms of lack of goals, why not look at the root causes?....All the strikers in the world (at least the ones within our tiny budget) won't make the blindest bit of difference if he constantly refuses to play with wingers (wingers he has an abundance of moreover)

Comment

• Originally posted by Hubble View Post
                                We tried to get Rowett, twice, he didn't want to come here. Tbh it's boring how people keep going on about it on here like the club f*ck*d up. It's also fairly tedious reading the endless round of Ollie out posts in about 52 different guises. We know his limitations - no surprises there - the only surprise is how some people treated his appointment like the second coming, only to then get all disappointed that it wasn't. He's a good man-motivator with limited tactical nous and a strangely inconsistent, maverick approach that sometimes pays off, but more often doesn't. He's a budget appointment for a team on a budget and right now I don't think we can afford anyone better. I reckon he'll keep us up.

Who has said we ...... up? My post was just stating the fact some posters thought his team played boring football.
                                QPR
                                Best team in the world
                                Sort of

Comment

Working...
                                X