Ned is back....Perch and Hall too

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
    Where I would agree with you is he needs to get this view out his head that he’s a ball playing CB as for me that’s where most of his incidents with him occur when he gets caught with it, but as a simple defender tackling, heading and clearing lines he’s pretty good.

Ned if your reading stop playing out and 99% of your problems will vanish
    Good shout to be fair mate.

Comment

Where I would agree with you is he needs to get this view out his head that he’s a ball playing CB as for me that’s where most of his incidents with him occur when he gets caught with it, but as a simple defender tackling, heading and clearing lines he’s pretty good.

Problems for him occur in possession when nobody shows for the ball, that's when he delays sometimes and loses it.

Comment

Originally posted by Olly View Post
        Problems for him occur in possession when nobody shows for the ball, that's when he delays sometimes and loses it.
        I know then panics and tries carrying through opposition. Should just go back to keeper and start again as tho I majority would prefer that then getting caught and put on back foot

Comment

Originally posted by MattyRangers View Post
          Can’t even believe there’s people that wouldn’t have him in our starting 11 tbh.
          Why can’t you believe it?

I’m not saying he’s our worst defender or our best but he’s been at fault for quite a few goals in the past and that surely makes you vulnerable to be dropped.

Holloway clearly likes him so it seems when he’s fit he’ll play and yes our results have been decent lately with him in the side but you can’t keep making mistakes and getting away with it. Surely

Comment

Originally posted by Bigdave View Post

I’m not saying he’s our worst defender or our best but he’s been at fault for quite a few goals in the past and that surely makes you vulnerable to be dropped.

Holloway clearly likes him so it seems when he’s fit he’ll play and yes our results have been decent lately with him in the side but you can’t keep making mistakes and getting away with it. Surely
            If you look at the points we've picked up with Ned in the side against points picked up without him, it's a pretty compelling argument for him to start when fit. I'm not saying on individual merit he's the best centre half that we have, he isn't, I'm not even sure he's the 2nd best. But his overall influence on the team is clearly a positive one and we pick up far more points when he plays.

Comment

Thing is though Wests, sometimes he does go on runs from the oppo's half which have been really good and have resulted in good chances.

Should just go back to keeper and start again
              But he already does that a helluva a lot. I think his weaknesses are more to do with concentration lapses and errors of judgement. I agree with you on what his strengths are though.

Comment

Old bob hazel used to manage it well, his steaming runs he used to go on, but i even wince when ned plays a straight pass, like yesterday, how many times did he play a straight forward pass & he pretty much over hit most of them, resulting in our player miscontrolling it, and it coming straight back, agree with westy he needs to just concentrate on defending.
                http://soundcloud.com/pinkie2

Comment

You can't ignore that since he came back from injury our results have improved.
                  Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
                  Pawel Wszolek - 6
                  Luke Freeman - 6
                  Matt Smith - 6
                  Ebere Eze - 4
                  Joel Lynch - 3
                  Tomer Hemed - 3
                  Toni Leistner - 2
                  Massimo Luongo- 2
                  Angel Rangel - 2
                  Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
                  Geoff Cameron - 1
                  Aramide Oteh - 1
                  Jake Bidwell - 1
                  Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

Originally posted by Ginger Ninja View Post
                    You can't ignore that since he came back from injury our results have improved.
                    I said in my post that results have improved since he’s returned and I honestly don’t think he’s that bad I just don’t think he’s that good either

But it’s all about opinions

Comment

I said in my post that results have improved since he’s returned and I honestly don’t think he’s that bad I just don’t think he’s that good either

But it’s all about opinions
                      He's not the best defender in the world, I'll give you that.
                      Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
                      Pawel Wszolek - 6
                      Luke Freeman - 6
                      Matt Smith - 6
                      Ebere Eze - 4
                      Joel Lynch - 3
                      Tomer Hemed - 3
                      Toni Leistner - 2
                      Massimo Luongo- 2
                      Angel Rangel - 2
                      Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
                      Geoff Cameron - 1
                      Aramide Oteh - 1
                      Jake Bidwell - 1
                      Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

For me, Ned just doesn't look comfortable with the ball. Not saying he's a bad player but I just get really nervous when he has possession. Can't see him ever being more than a Championship player.
                        "I don't read the papers, I don't gamble, I don't even know what day it is." - Steve McClaren.

Comment

Don't think anybody is saying he is a world beater, but we are a lower Championship side and he is more than adequate for where we are. Given our other CB options, he is a guaranteed started IMO (which is what I meant in my above comment about I can't believe people wouldn't start him - who would you start instead?).
                          You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Originally posted by MattyRangers View Post
                            Don't think anybody is saying he is a world beater, but we are a lower Championship side and he is more than adequate for where we are. Given our other CB options, he is a guaranteed started IMO (which is what I meant in my above comment about I can't believe people wouldn't start him - who would you start instead?).

Comment

Originally posted by Olly View Post
                              This. Onuha's biggest weakness (IMO) is the panic he has when he gets closed down from holding onto the ball.

Comment

I really rate Perch. Think him returning will be a massive boost to our defence.

Comment

Working...
                                X