No announcement yet.

Crystal Palace

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The club have looked at expanding LR, it's not worth it.

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy Floyd Rabbit View Post
      We got 13,000 in a west London derby last week 2,500 of those Brentford.

No new or modified stadium required Im afraid.
      jimmy's right , worry about filling LR , than building a new stadium that won't even be half full

Comment

Originally posted by Rangerod View Post
        Maybe we could lower the pitch too then no? Would not need to build higher.
        I asked this question many moons ago to a former stadium manager, he informed me that there is an underground river that would make it difficult.

I have looked on line and wiki has a map of London underground rivers and one runs south from the Scrubs and presumably right by the ground through to Hammersmith.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Subt...und_rivers.jpg
        I have supported Rangers for 55 seasons, since March 1969.

Comment

Only way to keep our home is to buy all the houses on Ellerslie and little Loftus Rd. Their gardens and houses are about 75m back to front.

Comment

At some point LR will become too embarrassing and unfit for purpose to stay in. Only question is when do we grasp the nettle and do something about it. It already has unacceptable comfort and legroom cos there are too many rows/seats shoe-horned into it so the idea of somehow expanding LR is fanciful and daft.
            I think there are only two alternatives: evolve into a perennial third division team averaging 10K attendances that are comfortably housed in LR or build a modern 21st century ground with 25K good seats to facilitate an upwardly mobile club. Currently, the club seems to be vigorously pursuing the first option whilst spewing the odd bit of hot air about the latter option.

Comment

Originally posted by LoftusRoadLad View Post
              Only way to keep our home is to buy all the houses on Ellerslie and little Loftus Rd. Their gardens and houses are about 75m back to front.
              I think I remember we owned them once in the past. I was only a kid so may be wrong.

Comment

It also a matter of concourse space, stairways, toilets. Lots of Health and Safety issues nowdays in expanding.
                Palace, Palace
                Who the fook is Palace.

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy Floyd Rabbit View Post
                  We got 13,000 in a west London derby last week 2,500 of those Brentford.

No new or modified stadium required Im afraid.
                  Been saying this since we first spoke about new grounds 6 years ago. It’s ridiculous
                  Under Les Ferdinand:
                  Luke Freeman, top assists in the league: 4million
                  Alex Smithies, great goalie for this club: 3,5million
                  Charlie Austin, 19 Premier League goals: 4million
                  Jack Robinson: Contract ran out, left for free
                  And many more mistakes

LES FERDINAND, IT'S TIME TO GO

Comment

There was a time reading used to average around 6,000 at their old ground elms park i think it was called before moving to a bigger stadium.
                    http://soundcloud.com/pinkie2

Comment

Originally posted by qpr View Post
                      Been saying this since we first spoke about new grounds 6 years ago. It’s ridiculous
                      I'm not there for home matches often, Loftus Road is an old traditional ground that I think we should embrace, I'm not sure how uncomfortable it is in the concourses and all with larger crowds, I don't think it would be wise to move to a bigger ground, other clubs in the Championship and below have proven it can be a recipe for disaster if the core fanbase is not large enough!
                      @gatorTFC

Comment

Originally posted by Alanwycombe View Post
                        I think I remember we owned them once in the past. I was only a kid so may be wrong.
                        We did and the land where the school is the away end

Comment

Originally posted by 72bus View Post
                          jimmy's right , worry about filling LR , than building a new stadium that won't even be half full
                          Rangers,Scooters ,Tunes and Trainers

Comment

No chance of expanding LR. Its like an old car you love failing its MOT. At some point you're going to have to scrap it because the repairs are too expensive and frequent to justify. I love Loftus Road and honestly don't mind the cramped seats and restricted views. It's not just the ground it's the walk there from the Bush and atmosphere of the area, always a buzz and glorious on a hot day. Enjoy it now whilst we got it and when the day comes that we move we have to make sure we don't end up in one of those flat pack bowles on a retail estate with a Franky & Benny's and a drive through KFC.

Comment

Originally posted by Pinkie View Post
                              There was a time reading used to average around 6,000 at their old ground elms park i think it was called before moving to a bigger stadium.
                              Southampton another example. Crowds similar to us at the dell in horrible cramped stadium like ours then with better facilities look at their crowds now

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
                                Southampton another example. Crowds similar to us at the dell in horrible cramped stadium like ours then with better facilities look at their crowds now
                                This. Its anti anyone over 5'11. Great ground but I need a few comforts. St Marys is a fantastic stadium and we should use that as a template
                                I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Working...
                                X