The Post-Mackie era begins

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Itsonlyagame View Post

He scored 9 goals in 25 appearances ffs.
    He was a huge player for us in that season.
    Huge?

Comment

Maybe not huge but he scored some very important goals for us that season. Derby and Ipswich away come to mind. Warnock always got the best out of him too and his influence in the dressing room no doubt played a big part in the team spirit we had.

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy Floyd Rabbit View Post
        Huge?
        It means very big
        “He'll regret it till his dying day, if ever he lives that long”
        Will Danaher

Comment

Got some important goals (7) in our 1st season back in the prem too when bigger names were letting us down.

Comment

And if he hadn't had his season cut short in January that year, he'd have easily got more.
            Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
            Pawel Wszolek - 6
            Luke Freeman - 6
            Matt Smith - 6
            Ebere Eze - 4
            Joel Lynch - 3
            Tomer Hemed - 3
            Toni Leistner - 2
            Massimo Luongo- 2
            Angel Rangel - 2
            Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
            Geoff Cameron - 1
            Aramide Oteh - 1
            Jake Bidwell - 1
            Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

Originally posted by Ginger Ninja View Post
              And if he hadn't had his season cut short in January that year, he'd have easily got more.
              Exactly.
              His performances and goals helped us hit the ground running in the early part of that season.
              Couple that with what Stan pointed out above, it’s obvious to see he gave the team momentum straight away which was huge (sorry jimbo, very big )
              Will Danaher

Comment

compared to kenny? hill? taraabt, derry, helguson, routledge, faurlin, gorrks etc and many others he wasn't. btw 8 of those goals came in his first 7 games so he only scored 1 in 18 after that hardly a huge player, effective yes but certainly not a key player that season
                Last edited by corbray; 07-12-2017, 01:40 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by corbray View Post
                  compared to kenny? hill? taraabt, derry, helguson, routledge, faurlin, gorrks etc and many others he wasn't. btw 8 of those goals came in his first 7 games so he only scored 1 in 18 after that hardly a huge player, effective yes but certainly not a key player that season
                  Like I said, he helped build momentum early on in the campaign, which imo makes him a huge part of the team.

Ignore what I say though, I certainly wouldn’t want to deprive you of one of your little pleasures in life so crack on sniggering like a year 1 schoolboy at Hitmans hilarious nicknames.
                  Will Danaher

Comment

Ignore what I say though, I certainly wouldn’t want to deprive you of one of your little pleasures in life so crack on sniggering like a year 1 schoolboy at Hitmans hilarious nicknames.
                    First mention of "Gump" comes from Rebel I think #creditwhereitsdue

Comment

Like I said, he helped build momentum early on in the campaign, which imo makes him a huge part of the team.

mrs mackie???

Comment

mrs mackie???
                        Haha, not quite.
                        Will Danaher

Comment

It is not about what he did 6 -7 years ago but what he brings to the team now. Which is nothing. Holloways fault for playing an out of form player every possible opportunity.Tactics are shaped so he can always play him to the detriment of the team. Has set him up for ridicule.
                          I sometimes wonder if Holloway is just a figurehead and really Mackie picks the team.

Comment

Still played his part a water carrier so Adel could do his thing i think you under estimate his overall contribution that season

Comment

Originally posted by Bill View Post
                              Still played his part a water carrier so Adel could do his thing i think you under estimate his overall contribution that season
                              Played his part yes. Wasn't huge though. Adel, Faurlin, Derry, Hill and Kenny were huge.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Wilson View Post
                                First mention of "Gump" comes from Rebel I think #creditwhereitsdue
                                Yep, I never started the Gump name but after it was said...... I ran with it.

Seriously, if you are offended by my humour and banter regarding mackie. Then I will stop it.
                                All you had to do was say it 😊
                                nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Comment

Working...
                                X