Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Away revolution

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Away revolution

    Following the comments on this link

    https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...&theater&ifg=1

    Do you think it is time that we, the fans, started to make the away days fun again? Reading through the comments, there are a lot of unhappy younger fans who do not go anymore as it is boring. I agree that the quality of the game makes little choice for me to go to games, as the 90 minutes watching the game is only a small part of the day. You have the travel, drinks on the train, pub, getting to the ground. Pre drinks, pre food, the game, half time fun, then pubs after the game.

    All of it is fun, other than watching the game. Even if it is a good game, sitting down barely making a noise is not enjoyable. Is it time we started something, similar to what Palace did? Their home/away support was rubbish, so they started the ultra thing and now they have arguably the best home support in the league (I don't for one second want an ultra concept).

    What do you lot think?

  • #2
    Don't do face book so don't know what that says - but all that you describe above is what makes it fun. Me and the people I travel with live and die by the motto "don't let the football spoil a day out at the football"
    #standuptocancer
    #inyourfacecancer

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by SpongeParr View Post
      Following the comments on this link

      https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...&theater&ifg=1

      Do you think it is time that we, the fans, started to make the away days fun again? Reading through the comments, there are a lot of unhappy younger fans who do not go anymore as it is boring. I agree that the quality of the game makes little choice for me to go to games, as the 90 minutes watching the game is only a small part of the day. You have the travel, drinks on the train, pub, getting to the ground. Pre drinks, pre food, the game, half time fun, then pubs after the game.

      All of it is fun, other than watching the game. Even if it is a good game, sitting down barely making a noise is not enjoyable. Is it time we started something, similar to what Palace did? Their home/away support was rubbish, so they started the ultra thing and now they have arguably the best home support in the league (I don't for one second want an ultra concept).

      What do you lot think?
      I've always loved an away day. Mainly cos the lads that go away, you know ain't gonna be fair-weather fans or just there for an afternoon out. Can't remember a single away day where the atmosphere was bad (well not at kick off anyway), or lads didn't sing.

      It was a bit more fun in the Prem though in my opinion. Always something exciting about going to a big ground like Stamford Bridge, The Emirates, St James Park etc. and taking on the big boys on their own territory. Somehow a trip to Ipswich or Burton just ain't quite the same!
      Co-Founder of the Dubai R's
      Follow me on Twitter @Tarbie82

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Bluehoop View Post
        Don't do face book so don't know what that says - but all that you describe above is what makes it fun. Me and the people I travel with live and die by the motto "don't let the football spoil a day out at the football"
        Do you have to be signed in to read/see it? The image is this

        I cant get the comments in here as I dont know how to put screenshots in this :S

        Comment


        • #5
          made many lifelong mates going to every away game in the early 80's on RC's coaches/transits from the vic , we often stopped off at little towns on the way back for a night out , kept clear of the big cities as there would usually be trouble their , fantastic memories and photo's from then . now if i go away i like to stay at a hotel near by and drive home the next day , still don't know how i got back alive from wigan on the friday nite play off game as chose to do the journey in one day , my boys pick and chose their away games now but were out the door by 8am for the forest game

          Comment


          • #6
            The numbers are pretty decent, my point is the noise and the sitting. Even if you/anyone aren't a chanter (not sure if you are or aren't, no prob either way) then I would imagine it is still more enjoyable watching with some noise going on rather than in silence.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by 72bus View Post
              made many lifelong mates going to every away game in the early 80's on RC's coaches/transits from the vic , we often stopped off at little towns on the way back for a night out , kept clear of the big cities as there would usually be trouble their , fantastic memories and photo's from then . now if i go away i like to stay at a hotel near by and drive home the next day , still don't know how i got back alive from wigan on the friday nite play off game as chose to do the journey in one day , my boys pick and chose their away games now but were out the door by 8am for the forest game
              Wigan was good day out but long. Was there not huge diversion on moterway on way home

              Comment


              • #8
                League Cup Man U? Got in at 6.30
                The QPR GOALS Competition

                This Season. 10 Prizes of the SAVVY card game www.savvygames.co.uk

                All QPR fans welcome. Join up/Join in anytime!

                Logic is the art of going wrong with confidence!

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
                  I've always loved an away day. Mainly cos the lads that go away, you know ain't gonna be fair-weather fans or just there for an afternoon out. Can't remember a single away day where the atmosphere was bad (well not at kick off anyway), or lads didn't sing.

                  It was a bit more fun in the Prem though in my opinion. Always something exciting about going to a big ground like Stamford Bridge, The Emirates, St James Park etc. and taking on the big boys on their own territory. Somehow a trip to Ipswich or Burton just ain't quite the same!
                  To be honest Tarbs, I feel differently - it's the away days at the lower league grounds I've always relished - a chance to see somewhere you've never been to before, soak up the local errr culture, plus I like a lot of those old fashioned grounds. Loved it when we were in the 3rd or whatever it's called now, standing on terraces!! Plus always found the locals more friendly lower league (not always, I grant you)... Real football!

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Olly View Post
                    League Cup Man U? Got in at 6.30
                    That was nightmare journey home too

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by West Acton View Post
                      Wigan was good day out but long. Was there not huge diversion on moterway on way home
                      took me 6 hours to drive their and 5 and a half to get back , thank fk for red bull

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Despite our awful cup record for far to long I still love the anticipation of the third round draw, for those old enough to remember fa cup away days were special

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by loftbalcony View Post
                          Despite our awful cup record for far to long I still love the anticipation of the third round draw, for those old enough to remember fa cup away days were special
                          best memory highbury 82 , most painful losing to villa 3 nil in the semi a few years before at the same gaff was only 13 and it was a night match , somehow managed to blag going with my mates

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Yep. Highbury 82. Clive Allen sends the north bank into state of hysteria, my memory of that day is crystal clear, coming out the ground everyone was crowding round a guy with a radio as spurs v Leicester was still playing, was gutted when I heard it would be spurs in the final. The villa game was league cup semi replay, ive hated Brian little ever since, what about trouncing partisan Belgrade at Highbury? I was there in a crowd of under 10k , shame about 2nd leg!
                            Cup away days, can't beat them. Right who is going to commit to the 3Rd round this year if we are away?? We have to win one year!!

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              and the back page of the sun , the headline was ' little darling' me and my mate ran on the pitch and he fell over and hit his head on the goal post and split his head open . he's now a chelsea fan always wonder if it had something to do with that knock on the head

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X