Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fans urged to donate to local foodbank

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
    Come have a closer look at Africa if you think the situation in the UK is bad mate. Trust me, the gulf between the wealthy and the poor, as well as levels of corruption in these parts are off the charts.

    I actually think we get it about right in the UK. Everyone has a chance to make something of their lives. Ain't like that over here. More than half the people in SA have literally zero chance of ever amounting to anything. No free education, no healthcare, no dole money, not even any running water a lot of them.

    I find it quite hard to believe that there are 3 million people in the UK that genuinely need food banks. Call me a cynic, but I'd bet a few of them find enough for a 4 pack of special brew and a pack of Golden Virginia on their way to the food bank.
    Generous and kind dismissal of human weakness.

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by vespa View Post
      Thats a load of ######## ,
      young people these days have it so much harder , getting on the property ladder in London is an impossible dream for them , we had is much easier , its not relative, we worked hard and got a place to live, they have no chance on their own . they have ,HAVE , to have a good education to get even the the most pony job .I walked into and out of decent jobs ,with no real education in the mid 80s . Wouldnt want to swap places with the the youth of today ,all we needed was a work ethic and we all cracked on , no future for any kids like me these days.
      That's ***** with all due respect. I lived the way I had to live to get where I wanted to be. I'm now an employer. Too many of the youngsters are flaky, soft and have no drive.

      They are cosseted and wouldn't last five minutes in our day as you put it. They want it all handed on a plate.

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by FurtiveFox View Post
        That's ***** with all due respect. I lived the way I had to live to get where I wanted to be. I'm now an employer. Too many of the youngsters are flaky, soft and have no drive.

        They are cosseted and wouldn't last five minutes in our day as you put it. They want it all handed on a plate.
        its a mixed bag furtive i have 2 that are proper grafters and 2 that think the world owes them a living

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by 72bus View Post
          been brought up by his mum
          appears she’s failed unfortunately.

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by 72bus View Post
            its a mixed bag furtive i have 2 that are proper grafters and 2 that think the world owes them a living
            agree 72, there is good and bad out there, the state encourages lazy *****s though
            I must away now, I can no longer tarry
            This morning's tempest I have to cross
            I must be guided without a stumble
            Into the arms I love the most

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by Jimmy Floyd Rabbit View Post
              appears she’s failed unfortunately.
              unfortunately why , how does it effect your life . once heard if u ain't got nothing nice to say , then say nothing . are your kids perfect ?

              Comment


              • #22
                #Soundbites are the truth. Why isn't Twitter doing more to improve things?

                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by 72bus View Post
                  unfortunately why , how does it effect your life . once heard if u ain't got nothing nice to say , then say nothing . are your kids perfect ?
                  Sorry to state the obvious but you’re the one plastering your life and that of your families all over the internet.

                  People will respond and have an opinion.

                  Oh and yes my kids are pretty much perfect. Amazing manners too. More than your 18 year old chum it seems.

                  Good evening to you

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    what a great life you all have , when i put down post 11 no one asked you to jump on it with your smart comments , you chose to do that . say something constructive or helpful , try being nice to people . many parents struggle with lazy kids , believe me it isn't the end of the world . maybe he'll find his way maybe he won't .

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Originally posted by 72bus View Post
                      what a great life you all have , when i put down post 11 no one asked you to jump on it with your smart comments , you chose to do that . say something constructive or helpful , try being nice to people . many parents struggle with lazy kids , believe me it isn't the end of the world . maybe he'll find his way maybe he won't .
                      Wish you all the best.

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Originally posted by Jimmy Floyd Rabbit View Post
                        Wish you all the best.
                        in your past posts , you have referred to me as an idiot , my stepson a clown and have told me my partner has failed , then u tell me i plaster my life on here , you no nothing about me or my family , try being kind , nice and supportive , people will love u for it . let's call it a day now please

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Originally posted by Jimmy Floyd Rabbit View Post
                          Wish you all the best.

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
                            Come have a closer look at Africa if you think the situation in the UK is bad mate. Trust me, the gulf between the wealthy and the poor, as well as levels of corruption in these parts are off the charts.

                            I actually think we get it about right in the UK. Everyone has a chance to make something of their lives. Ain't like that over here. More than half the people in SA have literally zero chance of ever amounting to anything. No free education, no healthcare, no dole money, not even any running water a lot of them.

                            I find it quite hard to believe that there are 3 million people in the UK that genuinely need food banks. Call me a cynic, but I'd bet a few of them find enough for a 4 pack of special brew and a pack of Golden Virginia on their way to the food bank.
                            False equivalence mate. Two wrongs don't make a right. This country is loaded. Yet we have people surviving on food banks. You think that's right? You think it's right that the super rich, the royals, the massive corporations who use the roads, hospitals, water, infrastructure built and maintained by ordinary people should avoid paying billions in tax? You think that's acceptable? It's not morally right, is it? It's taking the ####ing pi5s, that's what it is. You think people have an equal chance to make it here? Please! Do get real. It's a rigged system. A few climb up the greasy pole. The rest get by as they can. I tell you what it is, it's a ####ing waste. It's a stupid system. Why? Because it would taker much to make it so much better. Why do these super rich ####ers want more and more and more? They can't even spend it. The sooner it goes #### up the better.

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Originally posted by 72bus View Post
                              in your past posts , you have referred to me as an idiot , my stepson a clown and have told me my partner has failed , then u tell me i plaster my life on here , you no nothing about me or my family , try being kind , nice and supportive , people will love u for it . let's call it a day now please
                              I stand by every word. Works both ways.

                              Day called.

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Originally posted by Hubble View Post
                                False equivalence mate. Two wrongs don't make a right. This country is loaded. Yet we have people surviving on food banks. You think that's right? You think it's right that the super rich, the royals, the massive corporations who use the roads, hospitals, water, infrastructure built and maintained by ordinary people should avoid paying billions in tax? You think that's acceptable? It's not morally right, is it? It's taking the ####ing pi5s, that's what it is. You think people have an equal chance to make it here? Please! Do get real. It's a rigged system. A few climb up the greasy pole. The rest get by as they can. I tell you what it is, it's a ####ing waste. It's a stupid system. Why? Because it would taker much to make it so much better. Why do these super rich ####ers want more and more and more? They can't even spend it. The sooner it goes #### up the better.
                                Good post.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X