X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tarbie
    replied
    Originally posted by stanistheman View Post
    I think you could easily build 200 flats on the land. 5 x 3 storey buildings with 12 flats in each on the main stands land, plus 2 more on each of the other ones. 168 flats there and then there is the land on the pitch.

If the buildings are taller you get more flats.

They would easily sell for £350k and probably be worth nearer to £500k. 200 x 500k is a cool £100m.
    Yeah, but you are talking about the sale price once developed. The actual plot of land undeveloped (and with a large structure on it that will need bringing down), will be a fraction of that!

It's all academic anyway. The value of our land is only relevant if we are selling up and moving to a cheaper area. Given that every time it's been suggested there has been an uproar amongst the fans, I really don't think that is viable unless it is an absolute last resort.

Leave a comment:

• stanistheman
    replied
    Originally posted by CroydonCaptainJack View Post
    Fair enough mate. I think you would be hard pushed to get 200 flats on there though. It can only be about 3-4 acres in total can't it? And you can't go that high given the surrounding dwellings.
    I think you could easily build 200 flats on the land. 5 x 3 storey buildings with 12 flats in each on the main stands land, plus 2 more on each of the other ones. 168 flats there and then there is the land on the pitch.

If the buildings are taller you get more flats.

They would easily sell for £350k and probably be worth nearer to £500k. 200 x 500k is a cool £100m.
    Last edited by stanistheman; 31-10-2017, 12:41 AM.

Leave a comment:

• CroydonCaptainJack
    replied
    Originally posted by Hubble View Post
    It's about 5.5 acres mate - you could easily get 200 flats in there, you could probably get 400 tbh. It can go as high as the existing stadium, which would be about what, 5 or 6 storeys? Plus you can always go down of course.
    Fair enough, didn't realise it was that big.

Leave a comment:

• Hubble
    replied
    Fair enough mate. I think you would be hard pushed to get 200 flats on there though. It can only be about 3-4 acres in total can't it? And you can't go that high given the surrounding dwellings.
    It's about 5.5 acres mate - you could easily get 200 flats in there, you could probably get 400 tbh. It can go as high as the existing stadium, which would be about what, 5 or 6 storeys? Plus you can always go down of course.

Leave a comment:

• CroydonCaptainJack
    replied
    Originally posted by Awin View Post
    All desktop valuations I have seen from reputable agents and developers puts the ground at circa £50 mil with no planning attached.
    ok, so would be worth a bit more to us if we developed it ourselves.

Leave a comment:

• CroydonCaptainJack
    replied
    I meant land value, not including redevelopment. Redeveloped, the new flats could sell for upwards of 200 Million. That's why I said it could be worth around £50M just as land value.

Leave a comment:

• Awin
    replied
    I meant land value, not including redevelopment. Redeveloped, the new flats could sell for upwards of 200 Million. That's why I said it could be worth around £50M just as land value.
    All desktop valuations I have seen from reputable agents and developers puts the ground at circa £50 mil with no planning attached.

Leave a comment:

• Hubble
    replied
    Then the land itself would be worth 15-20m then Hud. A very rough rule of thumb is a third land a third build cost and a third profit so a developer would pay us 15-20m for it or if we developed it ourselves we would have the profit as well so say 30-35m using your figures.

Leave a comment:

• Hitman34
    replied
    Then the land itself would be worth 15-20m then Hud. A very rough rule of thumb is a third land a third build cost and a third profit so a developer would pay us 15-20m for it or if we developed it ourselves we would have the profit as well so say 30-35m using your figures.
    BANG on once again.

Leave a comment:

• CroydonCaptainJack
    replied
    I think you'd get way, way more than that for it. Redeveloped you'd get in the region of 200+ luxury flats that would sell for an absolute minimum of £500K going up to over £2-3M for the penthouses, so the value of that land would be more like £50M in today's market I reckon, maybe more. Take a look at this for a rough guide: https://www.primelocation.com/for-sale/land/london/

Leave a comment:

• 1QPRDK
    replied
    Originally posted by Abseits View Post
    Could Uncle Tone sell HQ to another arm of his empire for £40 mil and then lease it back to us at a peppercorn rent? You'll gather that I am a financial dunce but this sort of flip-flopping of property is pretty normal amongst the hoi-polloi isn't it???
    Don´t think hoi-polloi have that much property to flip-flop.

Leave a comment:

• Abseits
    replied
    Could Uncle Tone sell HQ to another arm of his empire for £40 mil and then lease it back to us at a peppercorn rent? You'll gather that I am a financial dunce but this sort of flip-flopping of property is pretty normal amongst the hoi-polloi isn't it???

Leave a comment:

• West Acton
    replied
    Prison potentially for sale in five years massive footprint that’s an option if all else failed

Leave a comment:

• superhoop67
    replied
    Isn't Wormwood Scrubbs public land with the Council as custodians ,and HS2 Wanting to take a fair chunk of it ,doubt if much more will be given up

Leave a comment:

• West Acton
    replied
    Can confirm club made very good impression on my former boss as guest of club yesterday. He’s not qpr but he could not praise the club enough

Leave a comment:

Working...
X