FFP latest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by 1973 ranger View Post
    Unfortunately another bad decision that bit us on the #### and when we did replace him it was with someone who had never managed in the premier league before.
    Ramsey had never managed at ANY level before. That decision was sheer lunacy.

Comment

• I thought it was fine for season we went up at Wembley not season we came down

Comment

• Mistake after mistake after mistake...

Comment

• Originally posted by Northolt_Rs View Post
          Ramsey had never managed at ANY level before. That decision was sheer lunacy.
          That really was.
          How unlucky is this football club.
          Top young star dies, had two full on alcholics, guns in the boardroom,, nearly lost promotion over a foreign player, affray with a national team , signed an England captain who couldnt play cos his wife was dying, etc etc.
          Even yesterday a rangers womans team player was on the frint page of the sun for being raped (attempted)

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
            That really was.
            How unlucky is this football club.
            Top young star dies, had two full on alcholics, guns in the boardroom,, nearly lost promotion over a foreign player, affray with a national team , signed an England captain who couldnt play cos his wife was dying, etc etc.
            Even yesterday a rangers womans team player was on the frint page of the sun for being raped (attempted)
            Some of that is luck mate, some of it is naivety. Only reason we got in trouble over Faurlin was that Paladini loved a dodgy deal. Only reason we had guns in the boardroom was that we had the wrong people on the board to start with. For the 2 alcoholics, nobody saw that coming with Carlisle but if we'd done any due diligence at all, we should have known what we were getting with Caulker!

Comment

• Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
              Some of that is luck mate, some of it is naivety. Only reason we got in trouble over Faurlin was that Paladini loved a dodgy deal. Only reason we had guns in the boardroom was that we had the wrong people on the board to start with. For the 2 alcoholics, nobody saw that coming with Carlisle but if we'd done any due diligence at all, we should have known what we were getting with Caulker!
              Its all bad luck to us supporters i mean mate, we didn't cause any of it.

Comment

• Huddersfield spent 50 mil this summer....Burnley 18 mil on Chris Wood. I hate the way football has gone with all these bang average players earning ridiculous money but it seems daft to still be trying to punish us based on old rules (though I get the possible repercussions with Forest, Blackburn etc)

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
                  Its all bad luck to us supporters i mean mate, we didn't cause any of it.
                  This is true mate.

It's what football has become though. Chairmen get away with doing more or less what they want, often clearing off when the $hit hits the fan. But it's always the fans that are left to suffer.

Could be worse mate, could follow Portsmouth. There is a club that was truly shafted by a succession of bad owners.

Comment

• Shows that the fit and proper person test is absolute ######.

Comment

• Parachute payments are precisely to help relegated clubs deal with PL players on long contracts. The FL increased the losses that championship clubs could accumulate on a rolling basis over three seasons, is it £39m? We were still over the top on that, if I understand it correctly. And writing off some of that debt as we did is not allowed, is that right? If all true, then the fines are correct?

http://www.financialfairplay.co.uk/f...-explained.php
                      Last edited by Olly; 25-10-2017, 10:51 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by stanistheman View Post
                        That's the one. Defoe and a decent CB like Huth, would imo, have comfortably kept QPR up and avoided all this FFP palava that everyone knew was awaiting the club if relegated.
                        So the only way to avoid this palava would have been to become an established PL team for eternity ?

Comment

• Originally posted by 1973 ranger View Post
                          Shows that the fit and proper person test is absolute ######.
                          Tony is a fit and proper person. As per the criteria for being a fit and proper person, he passes with flying colours. He is rich, he's honest, has a diversified portfolio of business interests and no criminal background.

Unfortunately the fit and proper persons assessment doesn't actually go into whether somebody knows what they are doing when it comes to running a football club.

Comment

• Money has ruined the game, give me back the days of any club realistically getting to the top flight. Now we have leagues within leagues, it stinks at all levels, Fifa, Uefa the PL and EFL are all to blame.
                            Greed, foreign involvement and Sky
                            I blew a lot on vodka and tonic, gambling and fags. Looking back, I think I overdid it on the tonic. - The one and only Stanley Bowles

Comment

• He also has a failed sporting venture in Caterham F1. All in all we have created this situation with our scattergun approach in 2012 pre season.

Comment

• I think this is well worth a listen. Clearly LH is hampered by what he can say on the actual case but he re-iterates the direction the club is going in and I think it brings a bit of perspective.

https://soundcloud.com/west-twelve-m...ncial-fair-pod

Comment

Working...
                                X