No announcement yet.

FFP latest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Or it gets dragged thru every court in the world, by which time the new stadium will be raking in the extra money

Comment

• Originally posted by CroydonCaptainJack View Post
      Yes, I think they just disallowed it. Let's face it, it was smoke and mirrors.
      That Fulham also did years before us. Al Fayed turned £187m of debt into shares.

Comment

• Decent write up on all this from Clive at Loft For Words: https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/footba...2%80%93-column

Bottom line for me is summed up by this post on LFW, from 'EastR':

"Good article Clive.
        Completely agree with your setting out of the culprits in this whole miserable affair, but it’s worth highlighting something else that can’t be overlooked, and is a huge contributing factor in getting us here.

The takeover of the club was done against the backdrop of a property deal. The owners gambled on being a major player in the development at OOC. That was the motivation and the strategy.

They wanted a PL league club to front that (the Air Asia Arena), and the signing of Park was only the tip of the iceberg in terms of the exposure planned with the club at the centre of a leisure and residential complex in the most expensive part of the city, in the one of the most expensive property markets in the world.

That why they’ve persevered with £250m+ of losses and if OOC had gone to plan so far without hesitation would suck up another £50m of a fine to not sink that deal.
        But we are at a crossroads with that. They must be close to the point where the viability and the returns on the planned development versus the cost of securing it are diminishing. That’s why they’ve changed course finally (quite rightly) and the clubs finances are being managed in a more responsible way.

With or without FFP, isn’t that what we should be doing anyway? As you point out, other similar sized clubs have managed it and established themselves in the top tier.

Fernandes and the other investors must be kicking themselves for their reckless approach (note how the Mittals gradually withdrew and reduced their investment early on when things were going pear shaped). In any business sense it has been a disaster.
        The worry for me is that this drags on, the property deal gets less attractive and they finally walk away lumbering us with the legacy.

It’s happened on Fernandes watch, and he needs to sort it out."

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/forum/211098/coming-home-to-roost-%E2%80%93-column/#47

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
          Are you speaking for the whole forum with this post or just yourself stan?
          Cos if you are trying to tell me that a few members on here (Hits, 73, general, etc) dont hate on Tony Fernandes i will refute that until im blue in the face.
          I don't hate the bloke in the slightest mate.

I just hate that he has destroyed our club and ruined 2 golden opportunities to guarantee our long term future.

As I human being, I don't know the fella. Just think he is a useless clown when it comes to my club. Sooner he is gone, the better.
          nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Comment

• Originally posted by Hitman34 View Post

I just hate that he has destroyed our club and ruined 2 golden opportunities to guarantee our long term future.

As I human being, I don't know the fella. Just think he is a useless clown when it comes to my club. Sooner he is gone, the better.
            totally agree i don't hate the guy, i just think he's out of his depth and been surrounded by the wrong people who agreed on bad decisions too many times

Comment

No - he needs to stay and sort out the mess he's created. If he goes after that, so be it.

Comment

Dont get all this i don't know the guy so i cant hate him stuff, i don't know bob geldof but i know i thoroughly detest the bloke.

Comment

• Kevin. He is rhe bloke that has destroyed any future that my club could of had by his total incompetence. I hate the thought of him being our chairman as it will never improve while he is in charge. Great article on loft for words and shows him up for what he really is.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1973 ranger View Post
                    Kevin. He is rhe bloke that has destroyed any future that my club could of had by his total incompetence.
                    What future has been destroyed exactly ?

Comment

• A successfully run Premier league team with ambition.

Comment

• That is also well respected

Comment

• Originally posted by Hubble View Post
                          No - he needs to stay and sort out the mess he's created. If he goes after that, so be it.
                          This, with bells on. Don't want him leaving without sorting his #### out.
                          Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
                          Pawel Wszolek - 6
                          Luke Freeman - 6
                          Matt Smith - 6
                          Ebere Eze - 4
                          Joel Lynch - 3
                          Tomer Hemed - 3
                          Toni Leistner - 2
                          Massimo Luongo- 2
                          Angel Rangel - 2
                          Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
                          Geoff Cameron - 1
                          Aramide Oteh - 1
                          Jake Bidwell - 1
                          Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

A successfully run Premier league team with ambition.
                            Anything is possible.

Comment

Kevin. He is rhe bloke that has destroyed any future that my club could of had by his total incompetence. I hate the thought of him being our chairman as it will never improve while he is in charge. Great article on loft for words and shows him up for what he really is.
                              And say he stays and sorts all this mess out then & is doing the right thing? & thing is things are improving the team wise and youth settup, & they are making out there still looking to build the new training ground etc!
                              http://soundcloud.com/pinkie2

Comment

A successfully run Premier league team with ambition.
                                And since when have we ever stayed in there for years on end 73, daft comment as theres absolutely no guarantees of anything football wise and staying in the prem!
                                http://soundcloud.com/pinkie2

Comment

Working...
                                X