No announcement yet.

FFP latest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If we knew what the rules were at the time then it is a case of total disregard of the rules and quite frankly major incompetence. While I have never been a Fernandes fan he has really outdone himself on this. Firstly 69 million loss and then the cooking of the books with the share idea. Can he survive as chairman after this? Very slippery move he tried to pull and was caught.

Comment

• Originally posted by upperloft View Post
      Ginge, if we moaned about the transfers, you would moan at us moaners moaning about transfers. I think that's right.
      I'd have laughed at you, not moaned lol. Besides, you'd have moaned at me for moaning at the moaners moaning about the transfers. And the cycle goes on.
      Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
      Pawel Wszolek - 6
      Luke Freeman - 6
      Matt Smith - 6
      Ebere Eze - 4
      Joel Lynch - 3
      Tomer Hemed - 3
      Toni Leistner - 2
      Massimo Luongo- 2
      Angel Rangel - 2
      Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
      Geoff Cameron - 1
      Aramide Oteh - 1
      Jake Bidwell - 1
      Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

• Originally posted by 1973 ranger View Post
        If we knew what the rules were at the time then it is a case of total disregard of the rules and quite frankly major incompetence. While I have never been a Fernandes fan he has really outdone himself on this. Firstly 69 million loss and then the cooking of the books with the share idea. Can he survive as chairman after this? Very slippery move he tried to pull and was caught.
        He's not he only one, lots of clubs got caught out trying to find different ways round it. Man C for example tried the fake sponsorship stuff and got dealt with too, fines and a reduced Champs league squad. The basic premise of FFP is sound, to make clubs live within their means, and to stop them causing chaos to fans, suppliers and league tables through bankruptcy.
        Last edited by Olly; 26-10-2017, 09:49 AM.

Comment

• They did indeed and they made sure they stayed in the top with its increased revenue. This makes the white flag approach of jan 15 transfer window more suprising as now we will be on the edge under the current regime as they have lost enough already before you take into consideration this fine.

Comment

If we knew what the rules were at the time then it is a case of total disregard of the rules and quite frankly major incompetence. While I have never been a Fernandes fan he has really outdone himself on this. Firstly 69 million loss and then the cooking of the books with the share idea. Can he survive as chairman after this? Very slippery move he tried to pull and was caught.
            It wasn’t total disregard for the rules, it was giving too long contracts to players who then sat in reserves on stupid money. We got caught out for trying to stay in the Premiership and giving players long contracts to give us the edge over bigger clubs, when signing them. This backfired big time as we an all see now but had it worked we would probably still be in the Premier.

Comment

• The more I read about the outcome(so far) of this case, the more confused do I get....
              QPR
              Best team in the world
              Sort of

Comment

• 145k for 2 keepers who were no better than the guy who they replaced a right back on more dough than Gareth Bale was on at Spurs and a centre half who was given 250k bonus for making 10 apperances was nothing more than total madness and a scatter gun approach. When they signed these so called big players on these deals they knew they were in breach of the rules si the mis management of the board has biten them on the ####.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kit View Post
                  It wasn’t total disregard for the rules, it was giving too long contracts to players who then sat in reserves on stupid money. We got caught out for trying to stay in the Premiership and giving players long contracts to give us the edge over bigger clubs, when signing them. This backfired big time as we an all see now but had it worked we would probably still be in the Premier.
                  Exactly. Contracts that were too generous, both in length and salary. No clauses for reduced wages in the event of relegation. And not anywhere near enough due diligence on players signed, apparently all those deadline day signings didn't even have proper medicals.

I can see how it happened. 2 guys making financial decisions in an industry they knew nothing about, under the guidance of an agent who was only interested in lining his own pockets. I'm sure they all sat around the boardroom table and laughed at the prospect of being relegated when the subject of relegation clauses came up. Fernandes was so sure he was going to take us right to the very top.

What perplexes me a bit is Tony comes from a very impressive financial background. He had previously been Richard Branson's CFO, and after that he bought a failing airline and through smart financial decisions turned it into 1 of the worlds most successful airlines. How did this same guy act so carelessly with such huge sums of money? It just goes totally against the grain of what he was about before he got into sport!
                  Last edited by Tarbie; 26-10-2017, 10:10 AM.

Comment

• Tarbie. His track record in Sport leaves a lot to be desired. The crazy thing is we never signed a player for over 10 million during that period.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stanley View Post
                      'Hate' or constructively criticise out of love for the club and therefore hating the prospect of it coming to harm? There is a difference!
                      Are you speaking for the whole forum with this post or just yourself stan?
                      Cos if you are trying to tell me that a few members on here (Hits, 73, general, etc) dont hate on Tony Fernandes i will refute that until im blue in the face.

Comment

• Kevin. I never wanted or have liked him as chairman and for good reason as for him the person I neither like or dislike him as I do not know the man. In 6 years he has turned us into a bottom half championship team with the biggest fine ever given in football hanging over our head so forgive me if I am not guilty of singing his name week in week out.

Comment

Kevin. I never wanted or have liked him as chairman and for good reason as for him the person I neither like or dislike him as I do not know the man. In 6 years he has turned us into a bottom half championship team with the biggest fine ever given in football hanging over our head so forgive me if I am not guilty of singing his name week in week out.
                          Mate i totally understand why people dont like him at the club, its really obvious, hes made so many mistakes. All i did was state why i personally cant dislike him.

Comment

• Fair play to you and I get that. My dislike is based on 40 years following and my family are now 4th generation supporters and one man totally destroying it all with the way he has gone about it.

Comment

They did indeed and they made sure they stayed in the top with its increased revenue. This makes the white flag approach of jan 15 transfer window more suprising as now we will be on the edge under the current regime as they have lost enough already before you take into consideration this fine.
                              I could see our youth players getting lots of game time, if there wasn't enough money to pay wages for the pro players, when we have to start paying the fine. I wonder what the timespan of payment would be.

Comment

• That I suppose Olly will be the make or break part for our club. Either way a drop down is more likely than not.

Comment

Working...
                                X