Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Grego Cox grabs a hat trick for Ireland u21s

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by Jimmy Floyd Rabbit View Post
    So you don't think 4 matches is enough for someone to show what they can do & seize their chance when it's presented to them??

    Agree with you jimmy we should give him a chance if he gets one like any other player, if our strikers arent scoring we should to add competition to them, as a youngster hes going to be gunning for it so hopefully hungry, i know i would

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by Jimmy Floyd Rabbit View Post
      So you don't think 4 matches is enough for someone to show what they can do & seize their chance when it's presented to them??

      Nope. I'd be inclined to say it would probably take 3-4 games to form an understanding with the rest of the team / adapt to the pace of the game at a level above what you are used to.

      If you can hit a goal or two straight off then that's fantastic but to bring what you can do at your current level to a level above would take more than 4 games IMO.

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
        Nope. I'd be inclined to say it would probably take 3-4 games to form an understanding with the rest of the team / adapt to the pace of the game at a level above what you are used to.

        If you can hit a goal or two straight off then that's fantastic but to bring what you can do at your current level to a level above would take more than 4 games IMO.
        He trains every day with these players. You do realise that don't you?

        Like Sir Alex Ferguson used to say 'games are won on the training ground'

        As a young player if you can't make an impression after 4 full games then you may as well pack the game in.

        No one is expecting him to score. What I do expect is a good strong performance or two, tenacity, guile, effort and good decision making. If he can show some or all of that he will have proved he can be a player we can call on.

        It's really not rocket science.

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by Jimmy Floyd Rabbit View Post
          So you don't think 4 matches is enough for someone to show what they can do & seize their chance when it's presented to them??

          That should be more than enough, after all, Washington started 7 games after his opening day brace where he misfired in each one...RGC can't do any worse.

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by stanistheman View Post
            That should be more than enough, after all, Washington started 7 games after his opening day brace where he misfired in each one...RGC can't do any worse.
            Agree Stan.

            If someone can’t see after 4 whole games if a player can offer the team something or not give up watching football.

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by Jimmy Floyd Rabbit View Post
              Agree Stan.

              If someone can’t see after 4 whole games if a player can offer the team something or not give up watching football.
              True.

              Going back to previous young strikers' early games for QPR, you could see the likes of Clive & Bradley Allen, Dichio, Gallen and more recently, Jones who all managed to score and give something to the team.

              So yes, 4 games should be enough to get a decent idea if he has the quality to be a 1st team striker, especially if the team is performing reasonably well and creating chances for him.

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
                Although I'm always hearing how he's scored in the reserves and for Ireland, I can't help thinking this lad will never be a first team fixture for us.
                We have mackie and washington! !

                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by Jimmy Floyd Rabbit View Post
                  He trains every day with these players. You do realise that don't you? .
                  I do, yep. I've also seen a load of mis-communication between players on a matchday.....

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
                    I've also seen a load of mis-communication between players on a matchday.....
                    And RGC has played in how many of those matchdays?

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X