Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Oaklands update

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #46
    #### all but he needs to keep the I am a decent and genuine bloke bit up and also to keep the fans hoping for a new stadium and training ground.

    Comment


    • #47
      Originally posted by 1973 ranger View Post
      #### all but he needs to keep the I am a decent and genuine bloke bit up and also to keep the fans hoping for a new stadium and training ground.
      Why does he have to do that though?
      Most chairmen are hate figures and dont give a shite.
      Dont get any of this devolpment stuff.

      Comment


      • #48
        To keep the fanbase believing he is here for them as no one does over a quarter of a billion for the love of QPR so the real estate would help claw that back. I think he thought that by now a training ground would be finished and a stadium on its way. Neither as yet are anywhere near certain but what is certain is the redevelopmet.

        Comment


        • #49
          Originally posted by 1973 ranger View Post
          To keep the fanbase believing he is here for them as no one does over a quarter of a billion for the love of QPR so the real estate would help claw that back. I think he thought that by now a training ground would be finished and a stadium on its way. Neither as yet are anywhere near certain but what is certain is the redevelopmet.
          And im not being a divv but i did ask, what has the redevelopment got to do with qpr?
          Can he not do the development if he is not chaiir of rangers?
          Im confused by this.

          Comment


          • #50
            Nothing really other than our owners generating a nice bit of poppy out of it for themselves.

            Comment


            • #51
              Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
              And im not being a divv but i did ask, what has the redevelopment got to do with qpr?
              Can he not do the development if he is not chaiir of rangers?
              Im confused by this.
              All depends if it's being carried out by QPR FC Holdings Ltd OR as an Arcelor-Mittal/AirAsia consortium (or whatever they decide to call themselves).
              IMO
              YMMV
              LOL

              Comment


              • #52
                The usual spread of pessimism and brow beating aside, I don't understand how anyone needs to ask the question "how is this good for the Club"?
                The article deals with some of the community aspects but also highlights the following fact - Residential development to fund stadium construction has been used successfully by football clubs to create stadiums. Ergo, the funds from sales/rental (however they proceed) will be used towards creating the stadium. What's not to get?

                As for Stanley's comment above, I don't think it matters who it is being carried out by. TF wouldn't be dumb enough to publicise this so loudly unless he was going to follow through with it - now don's tin hat whilst all the pessimists and anti TF team throw bombs.

                On the previous page someone rightly said that Reading, Brighton and others had successfully gone down this route. That is correct and it is also very true to say that various Clubs (either in that identity or by other venture) purchase land for development of property and trouser millions in profit to finance their other businesses and their football club's. Sports Direct is a prime example - Ashley does it all over the place.
                #standuptocancer
                #inyourfacecancer

                Comment


                • #53
                  Originally posted by Stanley View Post
                  All depends if it's being carried out by QPR FC Holdings Ltd OR as an Arcelor-Mittal/AirAsia consortium (or whatever they decide to call themselves).
                  So, as I am understanding it:

                  1. If it is being developed in the name of the club and by the club solely, then the club is clearly involved. And it would suggest the profits/income/benefits would all accrue to the club. The rub is if TF/Consortium are involved in some way (e.g.managing agents etc.) then how are the benefits split? And is the split equitable (I.e. Is the club being sha fted?)

                  2. If TF/Consortium are solely developing it (and taking all of any risks), then the benefits would accrue to them, and none would fall to the club. The issue here is "if the club is not involved, why is its name being bandied about? And, if the club are not involved, and a stadium is built, on what terms will the club use the stadium, and again is that equitable?

                  I would suggest the outcome would be somewhere between the two, but the concern remains "would the split of benefits be equitable?"

                  Uhm, I think.

                  Comment


                  • #54
                    Arsenal made and maker serious dough still from the conversion of Highbury into flats

                    OOC and hotel connected which I think was part of plans defo made sense as gives regular income. Imagine money they/we could have made from hotel with international railway station on its doorstep as well as other regeneration projects. Printing money

                    Comment


                    • #55
                      Greg Hands
                      @GregHands

                      Great catch up with @tonyfernandes of QPR, Air Asia & more to talk Old Oak development, new QPR stadium & UK-Malaysia trade. https://t.co/tKc8ucz2Pi


                      Comment


                      • #56
                        Interesting. So, talks with the Chelsea and Fulham MP...Getting the backing for planning permissions maybes? Sounding good. Thanks Kevin McLeod for the update

                        Comment


                        • #57
                          Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
                          Greg Hands
                          @GregHands

                          Great catch up with @tonyfernandes of QPR, Air Asia & more to talk Old Oak development, new QPR stadium & UK-Malaysia trade. https://t.co/tKc8ucz2Pi


                          But it's definitely 100% guaranteed that it's not going to happen..
                          Top Scorers 2018/2019

                          Ebere Eze - 3
                          Tomer Hemed - 3
                          Luke Freeman - 3
                          Pawel Wszolek - 3
                          Joel Lynch - 2
                          Massimo Luongo- 2
                          Nakhi Wells- 2
                          Bright Osayi-Samuel - 1
                          Matt Smith - 1
                          Toni Leistner - 1
                          Geoff Cameron - 1

                          Summer Transfers 2018

                          IN
                          Toni Leistner, Angel Rangel, Tomer Hemed (loan), Nakhi Wells (loan), Geoff Cameron (loan).

                          OUT
                          Jamie Mackie, James Perch, Nedum Onuoha, Jay Emmanuel-Thomas, Jack Robinson, Alex Smithies, David Wheeler (loan), Ryan Manning (loan), Conor Washington.

                          Comment


                          • #58
                            Haters gonna hate ginge. TF will never get any credit no matter what he does now from some

                            Comment


                            • #59
                              Westy. With all due respect he has been spouting about a training ground for the best part of five years so what credit should he be getting? The only thing he has completed is the ultimate mis mananagent of a football club in english football history. If we get a new stadium fantastic but a photo with a bod from the council is not worthy of praise or credit.

                              Comment


                              • #60
                                Originally posted by West Acton View Post
                                Haters gonna hate ginge. TF will never get any credit no matter what he does now from some
                                OK, I will put my hands up. Full credit to uncle for talking to an mp.

                                Amazing work by our board....... mehhh
                                nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X