No announcement yet.

Messages from the Chairman

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The fat ####er should shut up as we are better off not hearing from him full stop.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1973 ranger View Post
      The fat ####er should shut up as we are better off not hearing from him full stop.
      Like there’s a queue of people waiting to take over
      We’re working our way to some kind of financial stability, and yes he did 5punk millions through what was probably bad and naive advice. Has said board and not club will pay whatever FFP fine is and you still whinge. Been going regularly since 1967 and we’ve been in a lot worse than what we are now. Why not put your energies into backing the team that means players, management and board. Over time all these change but it’s still MY team.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1973 ranger View Post
        The fat ####er should shut up as we are better off not hearing from him full stop.
        Flavio was fat too

Comment

• Originally posted by Artful View Post
          We’re working our way to some kind of financial stability, and yes he did 5punk millions through what was probably bad and naive advice. Has said board and not club will pay whatever FFP fine is and you still whinge. Been going regularly since 1967 and we’ve been in a lot worse than what we are now. Why not put your energies into backing the team that means players, management and board. Over time all these change but it’s still MY team.
          Great post mate.

Comment

• Your skin is the thickness of the thickest skinned person in Thickskinnedland.

Comment

Has said board and not club will pay whatever FFP fine
              erm yeah he's said a lot of things.......

Listen, if he's in this for the long haul - which he may well be since the chances of a buyer are about as remote as us being in the champiolns league in the next three years - he needs to start by getting appointments right, something he and the board have been consistently awful at.

He needs to learn fast that a totally reactive fiscal policy will see him and us loose more and more money.

Comment

Well said
                Minds Are Like Parachutes.
                Work Best When Open...
                @Nowt2SeeHere

Comment

• There's a good reason why there isn't a queue.........

Comment

• I woukd say, at the moment hes got more right to tweet about rangers than anyone else if im honest.

Comment

• Originally posted by hal9thou View Post
                      There's a good reason why there isn't a queue.........
                      Think you’re right there, would imagine the majority of teams from the bottom half of Premier down are for sale. Look how long it took Everton to find a buyer, Newcastle can’t find a buyer even with their support week in week out and stabilising in the Premier.
                      Be careful what you wish for, Sunderland for instance who’s owner has basically said F you no more money.
                      He say’s the board will pick up FFP, Warren Farm saga is around 10 days away from confirmation after all the legal hoops have been cleared ( suppose that was his fault to!) and no 5hit Sherlock the only way we are going to generate more income is by moving to a new stadium, one fit for purpose and multi functional.
                      Cannot really see what there is to complain about now we are becoming stable and that’s not before time. Lessons have been costly and the only thing really hurt is the board’s pockets.
                      Don’t here many complaints against TF from people who regularly attend. Perhaps you ought to go into a local pub or the blue & white bar then you see a positivity that’s not reflected on this board

Comment

Think you’re right there, would imagine the majority of teams from the bottom half of Premier down are for sale. Look how long it took Everton to find a buyer, Newcastle can’t find a buyer even with their support week in week out and stabilising in the Premier.
                        Be careful what you wish for, Sunderland for instance who’s owner has basically said F you no more money.
                        He say’s the board will pick up FFP, Warren Farm saga is around 10 days away from confirmation after all the legal hoops have been cleared ( suppose that was his fault to!) and no 5hit Sherlock the only way we are going to generate more income is by moving to a new stadium, one fit for purpose and multi functional.
                        Cannot really see what there is to complain about now we are becoming stable and that’s not before time. Lessons have been costly and the only thing really hurt is the board’s pockets.
                        Don’t here many complaints against TF from people who regularly attend. Perhaps you ought to go into a local pub or the blue & white bar then you see a positivity that’s not reflected on this board
                        Well I've attended on and off for 50 odd years, no longer living in W10 so harder to get to games now, but I go when I'm in London. I think most fans have a degree of cynicism when it comes to optimistic pronouncements from on high and they are right to be cynical. Fernandes exploits at QPR make him one of the most unsucessful investors in the game ever - there is a financial sticky on here with links to in depth accounting and if you are interested I can point you to chapter and verse. TF also had spectacular form in the book in his previous sporting endeavour. The origins of the airline's success are largely vested in massive government subsidy. If you were being generous to Uncle, you would say the jury was still out with a fair bit to decide.

I also think there are some complacent assumptions in your position as outlined above, not least regarding the new stadium (for reasons expressed on here many times). Media rights are a hugely significant income source for a club with our attendance and location, it's not like we're anywhere near a 30k attendace on a regular basis. Bums on seats are not the be all and end all, especially if you struggle with numbers in the first place.There are potential benefits but the thinking re new stadia these days is not what it was 10 / 15 yers ago. We all subsidise West Ham, but despite that they continue to struggle on and off the park. Away sides love visiting their new home.

We should also remember that Uncle is no longer the majority shareholder. Let's hope Ruben fairs better, but actions will tell their own story.
                        Last edited by hal9thou; 09-04-2018, 05:32 PM.

Comment

• I actually agree with him here, which isn't too often

Comment

• martymitch_
                            ·
                            22 Apr
                            Replying to @tonyfernandes
                            When is that podcast happening Tony?
                            Tony Fernandes
                            Tony Fernandes

@tonyfernandes
                            ·
                            22 Apr
                            Thursday and boy am I looong forward to it.
                            nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Comment

• Tony Fernandes‏Verified account @tonyfernandes
                              FollowFollow @tonyfernandes

More
                              As we come to an end of a long season it will be a season of much change and lots to think about.
                              nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Comment

• Originally posted by Hitman34 View Post
                                Tony Fernandes‏Verified account @tonyfernandes
                                FollowFollow @tonyfernandes

More
                                As we come to an end of a long season it will be a season of much change and lots to think about.

Comment

Working...
                                X