No announcement yet.

Messages from the Chairman

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fair play Tarbie but neither under Fernandes watch as LF and LH were in charge on both occasions.

Comment

So none of the boom and bust deals brought us a profit?

Comment

Originally posted by 1973 ranger View Post
        So none of the boom and bust deals brought us a profit?
        Very much doubt they did mate. We were an agents wet dream during that era. Giving players that were past their best larger salaries and longer deals than they've ever had in their careers. Worse than losing money on these players, I'm pretty sure we had to pay off huge percentages of the salaries of most of them to get them off the books. Add onto that the fact that we are still paying some of the agent fees in installments til this day, you can safely say that whole period was an absolute financial disaster.

This is what happens when you let a reasonably young manager go wild with an open cheque book under the instruction of 2 guys that know nothing about football.

Comment

Originally posted by Pinkie View Post
          Hes posted that after he`d been on here seeing me get hammered lol, for me hes a top man and owner, its good to have people in charge who genuinely care.

I've always loved Tony's commitment and enthusiasm but I'd be happier with a happh medium...nobody wants the return of chucking millions at has been mercenary types but the club needs a little more investment that it is currently getting...the manager hasn't got a clue sometimes but there is a general lacking in our first 11...defensive upgrades and a striker essential....no more 12 million pound Sambas but some money is needed to be spent....youth set up is good but you have to give them a chance.

Comment

Samba was a 7.5 million signing with add on's over the duration of the contract as was a 100% Fernandes's signing. Even Remy who was superb in the brief time with us did not show the profit it should have.

Comment

Samba was a 7.5 million signing with add on's over the duration of the contract as was a 100% Fernandes's signing. Even Remy who was superb in the brief time with us did not show the profit it should have.
              Pretty sure Samba is our club record signing at 12.5m and we sold him straight back to the same club for 12m 6 months later.

Maybe we made a profit on Remy, I don't remember. What did Chelsea pay us for him?

Comment

Tarbie. Take it from me it was 7.5 million with add ons with a wage below the 100k a week quoted. I can confidently tell you that as 100% fact regardless on what you read.

Comment

Tarbie. Take it from me it was 7.5 million with add ons with a wage below the 100k a week quoted. I can confidently tell you that as 100% fact regardless on what you read.
                  Fair enough mate. Wikipedia disagrees with you, but I'm guessing you know something the rest of us don't. I'm pretty sure half the transfer fees reported are hyped up anyway. The only people that actually know are those involved in the deals (i.e. the clubs, the agents and the players), and those close enough to get some inside info.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...and_statistics

Comment

I can tell you 7.5 million up front and 5 million spread over the contract duration. His bonus's were on a scale that Man Utd, Real or any Italian clubs would not have been paying.

Comment

I can tell you 7.5 million up front and 5 million spread over the contract duration. His bonus's were on a scale that Man Utd, Real or any Italian clubs would not have been paying.
                      No doubt he was sold back to them at a loss, whatever the actual price was!

Comment

7.5 million straight back. Can tell you Samba was close to Fernandes in the time he was with us. Nice bloke just a shame we signed him while he was in the middle of a 6 week break.

Comment

7.5 million straight back. Can tell you Samba was close to Fernandes in the time he was with us. Nice bloke just a shame we signed him while he was in the middle of a 6 week break.
                          I met him in Dubai when Harry brought them out on international week in February 3 years or so back. It was a hot day, but Christ the bloke didn't half pen and ink. He had time for a photo though, so fair play to him!

Comment

He did have an odour about him to be fair. Was a nice bloke who I had the pleasure of meeting a few times.

Comment

He did have an odour about him to be fair. Was a nice bloke who I had the pleasure of meeting a few times.
                              Seemed like a decent fella to be fair. 2 lads that day when I met the team that impressed me most were Jamie Mackie and Clint Hill. Clint came and had a chat with me and my pals for a good 10 minutes, genuinely top fella.

Comment

Met Clint Hill a few times in my line of work and you will struggle to meet a more genuine footballer. Gerrard and Crouchy also stand out.

Comment

Working...
                                X