Messages from the Chairman

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Jimmy Floyd Rabbit View Post
    I'd have Briatore over this fella every day of the week.

An ar5ehole yes but it's not a popularity contest.

Once he realised you can't sack a manager after 5 mins and you employ the right man (which we haven't done since NW) he was clinical in his approach and delivered us what he said he would. The Premier League in 4 years.

Tango & Cash were horrible little men but I'd trust them with the purse strings and business acumen over this tubby clown who loves a pat on the back from the happy clappers round the pubs in Bush.

Personal opinion!
    Can't agree with you there mate. We were an even bigger laughing stock under Briatore and his managerial merry-go-round than we are now. I also firmly believe that the promotion was down to Amit playing a bigger role and Briatore taking a back seat.

I'd have Amit back in a heartbeat. He's the best guy we've had in that boardroom for 20 years. Tango and Cash are part of our history that I'd rather forget, regardless of the promotion!
    Last edited by Tarbie; 09-10-2017, 09:52 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
      Can't agree with you there mate. We were an even bigger laughing stock under Briatore and his managerial merry-go-round than we are now. I also firmly believe that the promotion was down to Amit playing a bigger role and Briatore taking a back seat.

I'd have Amit back in a heartbeat. He's the best guy we've had in that boardroom for 20 years. Tango and Cash are part of our history that I'd rather forget, regardless of the promotion!

100% agree. My mates still talk about that era. I would never swap owners for those two.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
        I love the international break.
        Cant coat the players and manager off off for being shite so the happy heads go in as hard as they can on the chairman, dof and tea lady for two weeks.
        http://soundcloud.com/pinkie2

Comment

• Flavio and Bernie were successful in their respective sport and by hook or by crook were successful with us to as the promotion showed. Bernie bankrolled that promotion season and they knew that they wanted promotion then a sale. They achieved both so I personally would take them over Fernandes all day long. All about opinions at the end of the day.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1973 ranger View Post
            Flavio and Bernie were successful in their respective sport and by hook or by crook were successful with us to as the promotion showed. Bernie bankrolled that promotion season and they knew that they wanted promotion then a sale. They achieved both so I personally would take them over Fernandes all day long. All about opinions at the end of the day.
            They were very VERY lucky that Amit took it on as we were going nowhere with the fat orangeman hanging around the club and Bernie counting how many water bottles we were using.

Comment

• Maybe they were but the bottom line is they got the job done and Amit was very much involved then unlike now where he has not been seen to be involved for a while now another great move from Fernandes.

Comment

You're right. If it hadn't have been for Amit, Flavio would have sacked Warnock as well. Those with selective memories may have forgotten that his job was very much on the line too until Amit's intervention - without which we'd probably still be in the Championship or lower, and The Four Year Plan would likely have never been released, or most probably would have been titled something completely different.

Comment

• Who knows Stan? What I would say they at least had a plan and if you recall Jan 2008 transfer window we brought in 10-12 players but did not put the club at risk by doing so. Briatore also negotiated the biggest shirt sponsor ever outside the premier league for us with Gulf Air. So while I was never a huge fan they did save us and they were imvolved in the rebuilding of Queens Park Rangers Football club and whatever you think of him the person we as punters should thank them for saving us as they were not too many wanting us back then.

Comment

Who knows Stan? What I would say they at least had a plan and if you recall Jan 2008 transfer window we brought in 10-12 players but did not put the club at risk by doing so. Briatore also negotiated the biggest shirt sponsor ever outside the premier league for us with Gulf Air. So while I was never a huge fan they did save us and they were imvolved in the rebuilding of Queens Park Rangers Football club and whatever you think of him the person we as punters should thank them for saving us as they were not too many wanting us back then.
                    If you want to thank someone, Paladini is actually your unlikely hero. Yes, he was a bit mental, at times reckless and in all honesty, not always good for the club. But he did always have the best interests of the club at heart, and he was responsible for bringing Briatore and Ecclestone to the table in the first place!

Comment

Who knows Stan? What I would say they at least had a plan and if you recall Jan 2008 transfer window we brought in 10-12 players but did not put the club at risk by doing so. Briatore also negotiated the biggest shirt sponsor ever outside the premier league for us with Gulf Air. So while I was never a huge fan they did save us and they were imvolved in the rebuilding of Queens Park Rangers Football club and whatever you think of him the person we as punters should thank them for saving us as they were not too many wanting us back then.
                      Agree with all that except that 'they had a plan'. They just got VERY lucky. Warnock, Bhatia, Taarabt and the team won us promotion that season IN SPITE OF Briatore's reckless actions to ruin it. You also fail to mention how they left the club totally high and dry all summer by failing to provide Warnock with any transfer budget, which straight away put us in a perilously weak position in terms of securing our PL status - and all just because they wanted out and instead spending the summer looking for buyers.

I think there is a danger here that people are being way too revisionist with our club's recent history.

Comment

• I like Fernandes but to be that stupid with so much money is just simply ridiculous for any businessman who wants to be taken seriously.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stanley View Post
                          Agree with all that except that 'they had a plan'. They just got VERY lucky. Warnock, Bhatia, Taarabt and the team won us promotion that season IN SPITE OF Briatore's reckless actions to ruin it. You also fail to mention how they left the club totally high and dry all summer by failing to provide Warnock with any transfer budget, which straight away put us in a perilously weak position in terms of securing our PL status - and all just because they wanted out and instead spending the summer looking for buyers.

I think there is a danger here that people are being way too revisionist with our club's recent history.
                          Also worth noting that Tango and Cash vetoed a deal to sell a majority stake of the club to the Mittals at the last minute. Most likely because Fernandes had shown and interest, and they knew they could get more money out of him than they would have out of the Mittals, who are notoriously shrewd businessmen.

Imagine where the club could have been had Ecclestone and Briatore sold the club to the Mittals towards the end of our promotion season. Amit as Chairman and the club run financially astutely. Unfortunately we will never know how good it might have been!

Comment

Amit was very much involved then unlike now where he has not been seen to be involved for a while now another great move from Fernandes.
                            So Tony is also stopping Amit from being more involved?

Comment

• Originally posted by Brian Wilson View Post
                              So Tony is also stopping Amit from being more involved?
                              It's a mystery why Amit has lost interest in the club. The Mittals still own a significant stake I believe, but who knows what power struggles go on behind the scenes!

Comment

It's a mystery why Amit has lost interest in the club.
                                You could probably pick a number of reasons but I'll go with how boring it was under JFH.

Comment

Working...
                                X