No announcement yet.

Messages from the Chairman

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Remy was quality in that half season we had him and 2nd time around would have got us the goals with Charlie to keep us up. Very strange at the time that we never replaced him.

Comment

Ohh to have a centre forward like that right now.

Comment

Originally posted by 1973 ranger View Post
        Remy was quality in that half season we had him and 2nd time around would have got us the goals with Charlie to keep us up. Very strange at the time that we never replaced him.
        They left it late but tried to sign Defoe, only for the Toronto people to change their minds.

Redknapp and Fernandes should have acted whilst Remy was trying to get his move to Liverpool. Instead they had faith that Remy would stay after he failed a medical and the move fell through.
        I said at the time they should offer him a new deal without a release clause and if he doesn't sign it, go out and buy another striker.

Comment

If you're still talking about Remy, my recollection is that virtually at the close of the transfer window he had dinner with TF and indicated he was staying with us - he even played for us that season a handful of times, then at the last knockings Chelsea snapped him up. It was too late to sign a replacement.

'Course, if we had then signed someone on deadline day that person would no doubt have appeared in the list of "flop" signings being quoted above!

Comment

My recollection of that transfer window was he flew to America and failed a medical with Liverpool. Played a couple of games but at no stage was he certain to stay.

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley View Post

Love his tweets.

Banning people is no longer my hobby,
              but take a look at my photo blog:

http://kirillqpr.blogspot.com/

How and why did I start supporting QPR in Estonia:
              http://www.wearetherangersboys.com/forum/blog.php?b=852

Comment

Welcome back Kirill. Got what he wants with the west london redevelopment.

Comment

Whats happening with the training ground

Thought this was starting soon

Comment

Originally posted by Undecided View Post
                    If you're still talking about Remy, my recollection is that virtually at the close of the transfer window he had dinner with TF and indicated he was staying with us - he even played for us that season a handful of times, then at the last knockings Chelsea snapped him up. It was too late to sign a replacement.

'Course, if we had then signed someone on deadline day that person would no doubt have appeared in the list of "flop" signings being quoted above!
                    Like we were ever gonna keep him if a big side came in.

That's football mate, big sides got little clubs like us by the short and curlies. At least we made a good profit!

Comment

Originally posted by The General View Post
                      Whats happening with the training ground

Thought this was starting soon
                      Stopped it to use the dough for the new houses.

Comment

Kevin. On a serious note where are with Warren Farm as I thought it was a certainty around 3 years ago.

Comment

Kevin. On a serious note where are with Warren Farm as I thought it was a certainty around 3 years ago.
                          Yeah it’s a certainty it won’t happen!

Comment

Looks that way and a bit of a coincidence he sent that tweet about the last loss hurting as much as the first. I am sure the pain went once he slung the hard hat on this week with the redevelopment.

Comment

Looks that way and a bit of a coincidence he sent that tweet about the last loss hurting as much as the first. I am sure the pain went once he slung the hard hat on this week with the redevelopment.
                              Yeah I can't see him throwing money at both. I guess it's time for QPR to earn him some money instead of the other way for a change. Hard to knock him on that one mate
                              I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Don't get why some need to give Tony so much grief. I think he's been an awful chairman, and I've said it on a good few occasions on here. But I really don't think he's a bad person, I don't think he's deliberately sabotaged the club, he's just been naive, and I certainly don't think he has any hidden agenda (as some fans seem to think). I have no issues at all with him having other business interests tied into the development of the new ground. In fact, I'd probably be concerned if he didn't.

Tony would be missing a trick if he redeveloped a piece of land in West London and all he stuck on it was a 20,000 seater stadium for a Championship side to play on. He's doing absolutely the right thing in trying to create other sources of revenue at the same time. And in the long run, if he can make a success out of it all, then it can only be good for the club!

Comment

Working...
                                X