Messages from the Chairman

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by West Acton View Post
    Some of the responses are comic gold. Why do people get so wound up by guy doing autobiography chillax no one is being forced to buy and read it or have I missed that stipulation
    Not wrong wests. All a bit muggy.
    Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
    Pawel Wszolek - 6
    Luke Freeman - 6
    Matt Smith - 6
    Ebere Eze - 4
    Joel Lynch - 3
    Tomer Hemed - 3
    Toni Leistner - 2
    Massimo Luongo- 2
    Angel Rangel - 2
    Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
    Geoff Cameron - 1
    Aramide Oteh - 1
    Jake Bidwell - 1
    Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

• Originally posted by West Acton View Post
      Some of the responses are comic gold. Why do people get so wound up by guy doing autobiography chillax no one is being forced to buy and read it or have I missed that stipulation
      I kind of get it. The football at the moment is dire, the knives our out for the manager, yet it's an appropriate time for TF to use the club for a bit of shameless self-promotion?!!

Personally, it doesn't really bother me that Tony has written an autobiography and is trying to flog it through online store and club shop. I do however think it's a bit daft given the current climate. I'm sure it will sell like hotcakes in Malaysia where Tony is treated like a hero. I definitely don't see too many QPR fans rushing out to buy it.

I'll probably wait until the end of the season when they are giving away copies for a quid in the end of season sale. I'm intrigued to read it, not cos I'm a TF fan, but to get his take on the last 6 years and what went wrong.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
        I kind of get it. The football at the moment is dire, the knives our out for the manager, yet it's an appropriate time for TF to use the club for a bit of shameless self-promotion?!!

Personally, it doesn't really bother me that Tony has written an autobiography and is trying to flog it through online store and club shop. I do however think it's a bit daft given the current climate. I'm sure it will sell like hotcakes in Malaysia where Tony is treated like a hero. I definitely don't see too many QPR fans rushing out to buy it.

I'll probably wait until the end of the season when they are giving away copies for a quid in the end of season sale. I'm intrigued to read it, not cos I'm a TF fan, but to get his take on the last 6 years and what went wrong.
        Is it dire?
        I have enjoyed the home games this season far more than last personally.

Comment

• Originally posted by CroydonCaptainJack View Post
          Is it dire?
          I have enjoyed the home games this season far more than last personally.
          Fair enough, at least there is some heart about the team this season. I just find myself picking holes in the team selections, tactics etc. every week. But then again, I did that every week towards the end of Ollie's last stint here too.

I suppose it is harsh to call it dire, but it certainly ain't good. And I suspect that this squad of players could be doing a lot better if a better manager was in charge.

I only typically make it to 4 or 5 games a season, and haven't been back since we spanked Birmingham away. What is the atmosphere like at the moment? Just following from afar, it seems to me that the majority of the fans are starting to turn on Ollie.

Comment

Fair enough, at least there is some heart about the team this season. I just find myself picking holes in the team selections, tactics etc. every week. But then again, I did that every week towards the end of Ollie's last stint here too.

I suppose it is harsh to call it dire, but it certainly ain't good. And I suspect that this squad of players could be doing a lot better if a better manager was in charge.

I only typically make it to 4 or 5 games a season, and haven't been back since we spanked Birmingham away. What is the atmosphere like at the moment? Just following from afar, it seems to me that the majority of the fans are starting to turn on Ollie.
            Hard to say really as we haven't had a home game for what seems like forever. And you can't judge anything based on Saturday as the weather was horrendous, we got farkin soaked and if I'd had any in the first place, I reckon I would have lost my hair
            #standuptocancer
            #inyourfacecancer

Comment

Just seen where you live Tarbie. You do well to make it to 4 or 5 given that!
              I go to all homes and only a few aways a season so I can only speak about the home games this season regarding atmosphere. I would say there is no sign yet of the fans turning on Ollie from where I sit in R Block. However, a couple of big home defeats may change that. I don't think that will happen though. I think we need to win one of these two games coming up but we will do that.

Comment

• Originally posted by CroydonCaptainJack View Post
                Just seen where you live Tarbie. You do well to make it to 4 or 5 given that!
                I go to all homes and only a few aways a season so I can only speak about the home games this season regarding atmosphere. I would say there is no sign yet of the fans turning on Ollie from where I sit in R Block. However, a couple of big home defeats may change that. I don't think that will happen though. I think we need to win one of these two games coming up but we will do that.
                I'm actually getting to see a lot more games with this new QPR+ service. Basically every game is televised, rather than just relying on extended highlights like previous seasons.

To be honest, I only just moved down to Cape Town, was in Johannesburg for 18 months before here. It was a lot easier to make it back for games from Dubai where I was for 7 or 8 years before that. Hard work from down here, the flight to the UK is a monster. Will be back for about a month in January or February I think, so will probably get to every game whilst I'm back.

Comment

• Can't wait to read it, I bet its comedy gold.
                  C'Mon You Supaaaa!!

Comment

• Is he allowed to tweet tonight guise?

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by Stanley View Post

Wonder what that's about? Can't be the result as it was half time when he tweeted that.
                        Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
                        Pawel Wszolek - 6
                        Luke Freeman - 6
                        Matt Smith - 6
                        Ebere Eze - 4
                        Joel Lynch - 3
                        Tomer Hemed - 3
                        Toni Leistner - 2
                        Massimo Luongo- 2
                        Angel Rangel - 2
                        Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
                        Geoff Cameron - 1
                        Aramide Oteh - 1
                        Jake Bidwell - 1
                        Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

• Interview in The Inquirer over his new autobiography: http://lifestyle.inquirer.net/277375...years-journey/

Comment

• Nice one for the reply mate.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ginger Ninja View Post
                              Wonder what that's about? Can't be the result as it was half time when he tweeted that.

He was sick of their fans singing.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ginger Ninja View Post
                                I am wondering if it was about Conor being criticized perhaps?

Comment

Working...
                                X