Messages from the Chairman

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
    You could probably pick a number of reasons but I'll go with how boring it was under JFH.
    And a dwindling ability to influence things under the new regime I'd imagine. I'd be really interested to know how all of that was worked out from a financial perspective. I'm guessing none of the 250m or so that was wasted came from the Mittals.

Must have taken some pretty clever accounting when our losses were 'converted to shares' a few years back. In theory, the creation of so many additional shares should have diluted the Mittals stake in the club.

Comment

• Tarbie. I do agree about the Mittals and Amit taking control and big shame they did not as I think we could still be dining at the top table. That is the problem I have with Fernandes in that he has regally ####ed up the premier league twice

Comment

• Originally posted by 1973 ranger View Post
        Tarbie. I do agree about the Mittals and Amit taking control and big shame they did not as I think we could still be dining at the top table. That is the problem I have with Fernandes in that he has regally ####ed up the premier league twice
        And I'd never disgaree with anyone who says that he's been a very poor chairman. But it could be worse, take a look at Blackburn or Blackpool. At least Tony has learned and improved. Despite his mistakes, he has kept trying and I think he has finally now found a formula that should at least stop us from sliding any further down the football league.

Comment

• Tarbie. I care only about the team not the person and while it looks like things are improving slowly I will hold judgement on the chairman as he is the one that caused this with his wreckless spending. The redevelopment of OOC will give us a better idea as if he gets his dough back I think his so called love for us will soon go.

Comment

• However you want to dress it up, luck, Amit, Briatore back seat they DELIVERED!

Yes I fully agree they were an odious pair but business wise they are winners.

From what I can see, when it comes to sport Fernandes is a serial loser.

I just can't wait for the day he goes. He is doing things more sensibly now but that's because he's been forced to due to losing so much money, not because he's smart!

Damage is done for me. He completely ruined the one chance we'll ever get of establishing ourselves as a top flight club. We had the money, the multi millionaires and he stil managed to f uck it up..... TWICE!!

GTFOH!

Comment

• Jimmy nail on the head and my feelings are exactly the same. Incompetence beyond belief.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jimmy Floyd Rabbit View Post
                However you want to dress it up, luck, Amit, Briatore back seat they DELIVERED!

Yes I fully agree they were an odious pair but business wise they are winners.

From what I can see, when it comes to sport Fernandes is a serial loser.

I just can't wait for the day he goes. He is doing things more sensibly now but that's because he's been forced to due to losing so much money, not because he's smart!

Damage is done for me. He completely ruined the one chance we'll ever get of establishing ourselves as a top flight club. We had the money, the multi millionaires and he stil managed to f uck it up..... TWICE!!

GTFOH!
                Like I said mate, by no ways am I a Fernandes fan. Good guy, but really not a good football chairman. But I certainly can't be giving Tango and Cash any credit, and I think it's pretty crazy to suggest that they were in any way good for the club. Do you remember how bad things got before Warnock arrived?

Comment

• Tarbie I do not disagree about them and how they went about things but at the end of the day they sold a premier league club to Fernandes and now we have a FFP fine or ban over us and in the mid to bottom half championship team who have spent 250 million plus to achieve that.

Comment

Tarbie I do not disagree about them and how they went about things but at the end of the day they sold a premier league club to Fernandes and now we have a FFP fine or ban over us and in the mid to bottom half championship team who have spent 250 million plus to achieve that.
                    Its terrible where we are but and its a massive but, BUT i have been following this club every week of my life home and away most of it, and doing so has given me so much pain and heartache and ball ache.
                    This board gave me the best day of my life, and it cost them 250 million not me. (I say best day of my life cos i didnt dance , scream and cry like i did when Oh Bobby scored after any of my kids popped out....and im not even going to mention the best ever premier league game at city)
                    I will be forever grateful for that and can die with a blue and white reef knowing that i had one day of pure and unadulterated pleasure from this tin pot club full of real moany gits who follow it with me.
                    Last edited by Kevin Mcleod; 09-10-2017, 03:09 PM.

Comment

Tarbie. I care only about the team not the person and while it looks like things are improving slowly I will hold judgement on the chairman as he is the one that caused this with his wreckless spending. The redevelopment of OOC will give us a better idea as if he gets his dough back I think his so called love for us will soon go.
                      But it wouldnt of been just him though 73, they would all of had to agree to it all i would of thought, hes just the frontman.
                      http://soundcloud.com/pinkie2

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
                        Its terrible where we are but and its a massive but, BUT i have been following this club every week of my life home and away most of it, and doing so has given me so much pain and heartache and ball ache.
                        This board gave me the best day of my life, and it cost them 250 million not me. (I say best day of my life cos i didnt dance , scream and cry like i did when Oh Bobby scored after any of my kids popped out....and im not even going to mention the best ever premier league game at city)
                        I will be forever grateful for that and can die with a blue and white reef knowing that i had one day of pure and unadulterated pleasure from this tin pot club full of real moany gits who follow it with me.
                        Too right kev, thing is we all know he made a sheeite chairman/buisnessman football wise, but hes still here and doing it right now and at the time in the prem it was all exciting until we were losing all the time, but at the time no one was moaning, he tried and failed miserably and it taught him a lesson footballs not a easy game & you cant just throw money at it. But hes doing things right now even if there still being abit tight regarding a couple of players needed.
                        http://soundcloud.com/pinkie2

Comment

• Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
                          Can't agree with you there mate. We were an even bigger laughing stock under Briatore and his managerial merry-go-round than we are now. I also firmly believe that the promotion was down to Amit playing a bigger role and Briatore taking a back seat.

I'd have Amit back in a heartbeat. He's the best guy we've had in that boardroom for 20 years. Tango and Cash are part of our history that I'd rather forget, regardless of the promotion!
                          Yeah I agree. It wasn't Briatore and Ecclestone that appointed Warnock and got us up, it was Amit and Ishan Saksena.
                          Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
                          Pawel Wszolek - 6
                          Luke Freeman - 6
                          Matt Smith - 6
                          Ebere Eze - 4
                          Joel Lynch - 3
                          Tomer Hemed - 3
                          Toni Leistner - 2
                          Massimo Luongo- 2
                          Angel Rangel - 2
                          Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
                          Geoff Cameron - 1
                          Aramide Oteh - 1
                          Jake Bidwell - 1
                          Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

• Originally posted by Ginger Ninja View Post
                            Yeah I agree. It wasn't Briatore and Ecclestone that appointed Warnock and got us up, it was Amit and Ishan Saksena.
                            I'm sorry to remind you boys but the history books will tell you that at the time Bernie and Flavio were our owners. Fact.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jimmy Floyd Rabbit View Post
                              I'm sorry to remind you boys but the history books will tell you that at the time Bernie and Flavio were our owners. Fact.
                              Yeah, but anyone who's seen the Four Year Plan will know that it was Amit who appointed him. The film even shows Amit making the phone calls leading up to the appointment.

Give Tango and Cash the credit if you want mate. But it really ain't the full story!

Comment

• Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
                                Yeah, but anyone who's seen the Four Year Plan will know that it was Amit who appointed him. The film even shows Amit making the phone calls leading up to the appointment.

Give Tango and Cash the credit if you want mate. But it really ain't the full story!

Comment

Working...
                                X