Sorry Ian - Ollie Out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by West Acton View Post
    In fairness sheff Utd sit second having done similar with signings We really need to get past the excuse (not based at olly but in general) that not spending means we cant compete and that we will sit bottom end of table. Just means we have to work harder on training pitch improving what we have
    Sheff Utd on fire, with that useless w*nker Leon Clarke scoring for fun as well!

However, working harder on the training pitch might cause more injuries as some would love to point out...
    My old man never said be a Chelsea fan...

Comment

• Originally posted by CroydonCaptainJack View Post
      Why don't you read the thread?
      I have already conceded that.
      Calm down

Comment

• Originally posted by Cjskinz View Post
        Sheff Utd on fire, with that useless w*nker Leon Clarke scoring for fun as well!

However, working harder on the training pitch might cause more injuries as some would love to point out...
        Working harder don't have to mean running miles. Do positional work, practise set pieces etc more analyse post games of what went wrong and what we could do better

I'm fed up of excuses thrown about to cover up laziness

Comment

• Clued up that Wilder as did the same at Northampton the season before last.

Comment

• Originally posted by West Acton View Post
            In fairness sheff Utd sit second having done similar with signings We really need to get past the excuse (not based at olly but in general) that not spending means we cant compete and that we will sit bottom end of table. Just means we have to work harder on training pitch improving what we have
            Very well organised side that have played together for a couple of seasons are are now reaping that benefit.

Think we have a lot of similarities but are just a season or so behind.

Comment

Comment

• Originally posted by Cjskinz View Post

Unless that is tongue in cheek, i would say that working harder on the training pitch, probably refers to defending i.e positional sense, defending set pieces, (also attacking them), then there is shooting practice (especially needed by Washington. It doesn't have to be more running up hills. laps around the pitch.

Comment

• Originally posted by FurtiveFox View Post
                  Which is what I'm saying. I would have got rid of him last season. He was absolutely appalling appointment and almost took us down with his incompetence.

However we have seen improvement so happy to give it another couple of months to see how he does. So far we have been bang average which for me is least I would expect with our squad. We do though need to pick it up after more recent results or my fear is we will go into some kind of slump as we did last season and which Ollie seemed unable to drag us out of.

Love his passion but view him as very limited at this level.
                  100% agree.

Despite what some might think, I am not unhappy with being a mid table side this season. Hopefully he can maintain this for the whole season i.e. end with something like Pld 46: W15, D16, L15 or even W13, D16, L17.

As I said before, it's his baffling selections like Yeni as CM, switching back to the failing Mackie/Washington partnership, that I don't like. And this has been his style since 2002.

Comment

• Originally posted by stanistheman View Post
                    As I said before, it's his baffling selections like Yeni as CM, switching back to the failing Mackie/Washington partnership, that I don't like. And this has been his style since 2002.
                    Agree on Yeni playing as a CM...was always going to expose him as sh*t.

Comment

• Originally posted by stanistheman View Post
                      Unless that is tongue in cheek, i would say that working harder on the training pitch, probably refers to defending i.e positional sense, defending set pieces, (also attacking them), then there is shooting practice (especially needed by Washington. It doesn't have to be more running up hills. laps around the pitch.
                      It was tongue in cheek lol

EDIT: but to be fair, i really don't think too much of Curtis Fleming our defensive coach so not sure what good that will do!
                      My old man never said be a Chelsea fan...

Comment

• The main problem with Olly is the one identified when he arrived, ie is he tactically sound?

The other problem was the strong suspicion that no credible alternative was prepared to do the job, meaning that Olly was always going to end up towing the line.

I don't believe the current management team (which is basically Olly and Les with Hoos keeping an eye on them) are anywhere near EPL standard, never mind the players. But TF got so badly burned that we wont see any different as long as he's calling the shots. We may as well make the most of the entertainment being served up.

Under the constraints TF has imposed, we're doing OK.
                        Last edited by hal9thou; 28-09-2017, 05:59 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by hal9thou View Post
                          The main problem with Olly is the one identified when he arrived, ie is he tactically sound?

The other problem was the strong suspicion that no credible alternative was prepared to do the job, meaning that Olly was always going to end up towing the line.

I don't believe the current management team (which is basically Olly and Les with Hoos keeping an eye on them) are anywhere near EPL standard. But TF got so badly burned that we wont see any different as long as he calls the shots. So we may as well make the most of the entertainment being served up.

Under the constraints TF has imposed, we're doing OK.
                          I actually think we would be quite attractive to incoming managers. We are financially sound, supportive owners. In my opinion a reasonably good Championship squad. DOF can be a pro or con. If the role is as Ollie himself has described it recently it is for the manager a good thing to have a DOF, means they can concentrate on what they need to. It is in other words a supportive role as opposed to dictatorial one. Yes we don't have money to spend to any great degree but also seemingly not needing to sell. Means squad can be tinkered with and gradually improved.

You can point to all the mistakes of the last two decades and in particular the current regime but all the signs are we have genuinely learned and are making good strides. We won't attract a top name (done that been burned anyway) but for a good manager willing to manage at this level we are one of the better sides to work for.

Comment

I actually think we would be quite attractive to incoming managers. We are financially sound, supportive owners. In my opinion a reasonably good Championship squad. DOF can be a pro or con. If the role is as Ollie himself has described it recently it is for the manager a good thing to have a DOF, means they can concentrate on what they need to. It is in other words a supportive role as opposed to dictatorial one. Yes we don't have money to spend to any great degree but also seemingly not needing to sell. Means squad can be tinkered with and gradually improved.

You can point to all the mistakes of the last two decades and in particular the current regime but all the signs are we have genuinely learned and are making good strides. We won't attract a top name (done that been burned anyway) but for a good manager willing to manage at this level we are one of the better sides to work for.
                            OMG read it all now ! It's due to Holloway we are getting better players and have a better scouting system and building for the future or is just a coincidence that that has came about since Ollie has returned to the club

Comment

• Originally posted by dogsrrs View Post
                              OMG read it all now ! It's due to Holloway we are getting better players and have a better scouting system and building for the future or is just a coincidence that that has came about since Ollie has returned to the club
                              I like some of the players Ollie has brought in but suspect overall scouting system down to Sir Les.

As for building for the future very little to do with Ollie. Definitely Sir Les, Chris Ramsey etc.

Comment

Hahaha un fok in believable, made me spit my tea out this has im with dogs post under the expert furtives
                                http://soundcloud.com/pinkie2

Comment

Working...
                                X