Sorry Ian - Ollie Out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by FurtiveFox View Post
    Been working in the law about 20 years. If I can't dodge questions now there really is no hope!
    Well atleast thats a kind of admission you know youre talking rollox
    http://soundcloud.com/pinkie2

Comment

Well that doesn't say Ollie is right. It basically says he isn't any good but we might struggle to get anyone in who is.

Would be for club to identify targets. Sure would be plenty of foreign managers together with ones in this country interested. English league is arguably where a lot of managers want to be. We are one step down from Premiership and London based. Stable ownership. Yes not much transfer budget but would be starting with reasonable side. For all the moaning about lack of recruitment we aren't now type of club under pressure to sell. If managed well and with gradual improvement over next couple of transfer windows nothing to say we can't be starting to harass the play off positions. It isn't all doom and gloom.

I'm actually quite confident we could be challenging for play offs next season even if we stick with Ollie. League One play offs that is!
      Haha atleast starting with a reasonable side ffs, what one that ollies been building up you mean? you cant make it up tbh

Comment

Been working in the law about 20 years. If I can't dodge questions now there really is no hope!
        Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
        Pawel Wszolek - 6
        Luke Freeman - 6
        Matt Smith - 6
        Ebere Eze - 4
        Joel Lynch - 3
        Tomer Hemed - 3
        Toni Leistner - 2
        Massimo Luongo- 2
        Angel Rangel - 2
        Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
        Geoff Cameron - 1
        Aramide Oteh - 1
        Jake Bidwell - 1
        Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

Well that doesn't say Ollie is right. It basically says he isn't any good but we might struggle to get anyone in who is.

Would be for club to identify targets. Sure would be plenty of foreign managers together with ones in this country interested. English league is arguably where a lot of managers want to be. We are one step down from Premiership and London based. Stable ownership. Yes not much transfer budget but would be starting with reasonable side. For all the moaning about lack of recruitment we aren't now type of club under pressure to sell. If managed well and with gradual improvement over next couple of transfer windows nothing to say we can't be starting to harass the play off positions. It isn't all doom and gloom.

I'm actually quite confident we could be challenging for play offs next season even if we stick with Ollie. League One play offs that is!
          My point is more for those who are gagging for Ollie to get the sack. Who would they want who is a realistic candidate that is available?

Sacking another manager would not go anywhere to proving we are a stable club. We have a potential FFP fine hanging over us. We are in the midst of an injury crisis. Recruitment has mostly been down to Ollie. He gives them upstairs a list of players he wants in what position, they go and get the financially viable ones.

Considering the recent past of QPR, I struggle to see how Ollie is not doing a good job. Lower mid-table at the start of the season with some very difficult teams been played, atmosphere at Loftus Road much improved from recent years, player recruitment the best it's been in god knows how long, fans even applauding the team off when we lose at home to Fulham. Yes results need to be better but I believe the points are coming.

All comes down to fans being spoilt by the PL era. Need to set themselves reasonable expectations and start supporting all aspects of the club.
          My old man never said be a Chelsea fan...

Comment

• Originally posted by Pinkie View Post
            Haha atleast starting with a reasonable side ffs, what one that ollies been building up you mean? you cant make it up tbh
            Not got a team sheet in front of me but think only two of our regular starting 11 have been recruited under Ollie, Scowen and Freeman? So would say more the side that has been built up over last 2-3 years.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cjskinz View Post
              My point is more for those who are gagging for Ollie to get the sack. Who would they want who is a realistic candidate that is available?

Sacking another manager would not go anywhere to proving we are a stable club. We have a potential FFP fine hanging over us. We are in the midst of an injury crisis. Recruitment has mostly been down to Ollie. He gives them upstairs a list of players he wants in what position, they go and get the financially viable ones.

Considering the recent past of QPR, I struggle to see how Ollie is not doing a good job. Lower mid-table at the start of the season with some very difficult teams been played, atmosphere at Loftus Road much improved from recent years, player recruitment the best it's been in god knows how long, fans even applauding the team off when we lose at home to Fulham. Yes results need to be better but I believe the points are coming.

All comes down to fans being spoilt by the PL era. Need to set themselves reasonable expectations and start supporting all aspects of the club.
              Very simple. Ollie is a not a Championship standard manager these days. Tactics and team selections odd, recruitment unbalanced. See my previous comments. As an average Championship club we should expect a reasonable standard Championship manager. No I don't have a list of names. I don't need to.

It's nice he has got the badge kissing and chest beating to international levels but you need more than that.

I have no PL expectations. I remember the bucket collections and almost going out of existence. Ironically at that point think Ollie did a tremendous job at that level. His first spell in charge was actually one of my favourite times over the last 30+ years of following the team. Sense of togetherness etc. We also had some real characters.

We had three good home games to start the season. We now have two points, against poor sides, and one defeat at home since then and not won in last 12 away games. Bit like looking at JFH very early last season. We started with two fantastic wins then were mainly poor.

For the record I would give Ollie to say the 20 game mark to see if he can get the results coming or if we do start to go way of last season. Sadly I think 75/25 chance latter.

Comment

Very simple. Ollie is a not a Championship standard manager these days. Tactics and team selections odd, recruitment unbalanced. See my previous comments. As an average Championship club we should expect a reasonable standard Championship manager. No I don't have a list of names. I don't need to.

It's nice he has got the badge kissing and chest beating to international levels but you need more than that.

I have no PL expectations. I remember the bucket collections and almost going out of existence. Ironically at that point think Ollie did a tremendous job at that level. His first spell in charge was actually one of my favourite times over the last 30+ years of following the team. Sense of togetherness etc. We also had some real characters.

We had three good home games to start the season. We now have two points, against poor sides, and one defeat at home since then and not won in last 12 away games. Bit like looking at JFH very early last season. We started with two fantastic wins then were mainly poor.

For the record I would give Ollie to say the 20 game mark to see if he can get the results coming or if we do start to go way of last season. Sadly I think 75/25 chance latter.
                What qualifies as a Championship manager? Redknapp, Grayson, Staam, Slutsky even Rowett on same points total as Ollie with much larger budgets. They also haven't had a defence plagued by injuries. Once the defence is back to being fully fit, and (hopefully) we get a decent striker in January I think we will be a very good side.

I completely agree we need more points but if you can't see improvement from JFH era in all aspects of the football club aside from results, which is very much on par with JFH then i would be worried. The results will come I truly believe that.

Whilst I am still an Ollie supporter, it will end in tears. It always does. Very brave man to put his good faith at Loftus Road on the line like he has done coming back.
                My old man never said be a Chelsea fan...

Comment

• Originally posted by Cjskinz View Post
                  What qualifies as a Championship manager? Redknapp, Grayson, Staam, Slutsky even Rowett on same points total as Ollie with much larger budgets. They also haven't had a defence plagued by injuries. Once the defence is back to being fully fit, and (hopefully) we get a decent striker in January I think we will be a very good side.

I completely agree we need more points but if you can't see improvement from JFH era in all aspects of the football club aside from results, which is very much on par with JFH then i would be worried. The results will come I truly believe that.

Whilst I am still an Ollie supporter, it will end in tears. It always does. Very brave man to put his good faith at Loftus Road on the line like he has done coming back.
                  All comes back to basic tactics. Use the players you have as opposed to imagining them to be something else. We have players to be a decent 4-4-2 side. Ollie will not play that way. You end up with players out of position, not enough fluidity or real threat. How many times this season have you seen us have to change things second half to try and get back into games or win games where we are struggling to break down other side?

I have seen more passion and effort and after some of the flotsam we have endured in recent years that is refreshing but we should be doing better. Points mean prizes.

I remember his first spell and things going awry in Championship. I just see history repeating itself unfortunately.

Comment

Well first paragraph says recruitment a group effort. Second one says all down to Ollie ...

However looking at it overall we have signed I think two very good players, Freeman and Scowen. Rest have been ok, bulked out the squad, not cost much, so fine.

Looking at transfer policy though has it really been successful? As has been said many times we play a system which allows for wing backs, we don't have any wing backs and have not recruited any. We have though recruited multiple wingers for a team that doesn't play with wingers. Seems odd. Is that Les' fault or Ollie's? People moan we haven't signed strikers but Ollie has said we have four superb strikers so was that given a real priority?

Looking at current (non-Ollie era signings) only Luongo seems to have flourished under the messiah. In fact three of our arguably better players have gone backwards. Pawel is a shadow of his previous self being played consistently out of position. In my view one of the best wingers in this division. After all his personal and injury difficulties I saw enough of Yeni last season to be excited about what we would see this season. What we have seen is very little and out of position. Sylla is by far our best finisher based on last season yet completely out of sorts. Not suited to current style of play. Could see players like this leaving.

Some people say Ollie gives yoof a chance. All we have seen is Furlong as a regular and Manning on fringe. A criticism of Ollie in the old days was he would always stick with his favourites regardless. Youngsters may not be good enough but no basis for some pushing Ollie as the champion of yoof at this club.

A good manager would play the team to their strengths and if they had a preferred system would gradually build the team around this over time if current players didn't work in it. If we had a good manager who did this think we would have decent chance of top 10 this season. As it is if Ollie stays all season (which I think is likely) I would expect 16-24th. You can only get so far with badge kissing and chest beating.
                    Great post mate but unfortunately some won’t listen, although they don’t think tactics matter 😂😂

Comment

Clearly not in a fee earning capacity though, given the time you spend on here being evasive
                      #standuptocancer
                      #inyourfacecancer

Comment

Oh give it a rest ffs, read the first sentence ollies not a championship manager ffs, well he hasnt done too bad for a couple of promotions out of it haha, not bad for a sunday league manager lol, jeeeeeez...

Comment

• Originally posted by rickyranger View Post
                          Great post mate but unfortunately some won’t listen, although they don’t think tactics matter ����
                          Here comes numpty no 2 having a dig at my comment about on the day tactics wouldnt of mattered as we wouldnt of scored but ignore that lol

Comment

• Originally posted by Bluehoop View Post
                            Clearly not in a fee earning capacity though, given the time you spend on here being evasive
                            He speaks with left hand grasping lapel.

"My dear learned and distinguished Administrator. May I without further ado, and coming straight to the point and not beating about the bush, advise you that it is my contention, although you may wish to consult elsewhere that, the whole essence of fee earning, is to provide informed guidance, that is neither conclusive, nor fully established in the fabric of case law to allow you to consider appropriate action to further your recourse for circumstances.

The mere dispensation of such opinion regrettably incurs certain monetary foregoence by yourself. However, I would suggest this is infinitely more preferably more advantageous to you being ill advised.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pinkie View Post
                              Here comes numpty no 2 having a dig at my comment about on the day tactics wouldnt of mattered as we wouldnt of scored but ignore that lol
                              Oh dear, resorted to name calling, always a sign of a lost argument and I didn’t even mention your name!

Yea off course that’s what you meant

Anyway if that was the case how did you know it referred to you

Comment

• Originally posted by rickyranger View Post
                                Oh dear, resorted to name calling, always a sign of a lost argument and I didn’t even mention your name!

Yea off course that’s what you meant

Anyway if that was the case how did you know it referred to you
                                What argument? now you can see why i said it! theres no name calling and i shouldnt of called you a numpty but if you make things up well what do you expect! i know exactly what you was referring to as you kept banging on on the other thread now behave and trot along

Comment

Working...
                                X