Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do we get the people in?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by Rangers77 View Post
    We're down 3K by not letting Wall have the lower School End.......
    So annoyed seeing all those empty seats, embarrasing we cant even get one person to buy a ticket and sit there.
    'YOU GOT NO FANS!'

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by Rangers77 View Post
      We're down 3K by not letting Wall have the lower School End.......
      It never even looked like they sold out upstairs from my view yesterday gaps on the sides

      Comment


      • #18
        New stadium would bring average 5000 more, at least.

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by Bill View Post
          Gloryhunters back you numpty
          Calm down treacle! Knew that would get someone riled.

          What do you call the fans who only turn up when the team are doing well then ?

          Comment


          • #20
            You sign a player worthy of the entrance fee and let him run riot like Taarabt did for us a fee years back as that season was the season the crowds came back. You will not get them back with free transfers and spin coming out the club. We love a wayward talent at Rangers and that is why we were always peoples 2nd favourite team.

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by West Acton View Post
              It never even looked like they sold out upstairs from my view yesterday gaps on the sides
              Could have been police restrictions
              The QPR GOALS Competition

              This Season. 10 Prizes of the SAVVY card game www.savvygames.co.uk

              All QPR fans welcome. Join up/Join in anytime!

              Logic is the art of going wrong with confidence!

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by Jeems View Post
                Play good football consistently and have a better stadium. Very few are born supporters of X club and many need to converted. Last time I took a few neutral friends, cant remember vs who but it was raining, we sat lower school end. The football was terrible, atmosphere was crap and water kept dripping on them. We love LR but to outsiders it is a bit of a dump. They've yet to be convinced to come back esp as they paid 30+ for the privilege!

                I 100% understand why newer fans are attracted to other London teams.
                Agreed.

                I took 5 guests with me to the Stan Bowles match and all complained about the cramped stadium and the obstructed views.

                A new stadium will get at least 5,000 on the gate just for the Championship. Get into the Premiership and the gates will easily be 25,000.

                Comment


                • #23
                  High prices, #### weather and people not wanting to take kids to this fixture all played a part imho

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    I find it farcical that some on here are still taking the pee out of Fulham for apparently selling cheap tickets??? Fact is they have grown their core crowd by what, 100% or more. Over the same period we have at best stagnated but have probably alienated a lot of fans.
                    We urgently need to start significantly reducing prices if we are going to get people to want to turn out regularly and develop a bond or affinity with the club. I don't think one off initiatives for unattractive games work in the long-run either, it has to be something like 20 max for every game with no booking fees. There's no point over analysing things with socio-economic theories..... it's too effing expensive to watch football at LR.

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Originally posted by Abseits View Post
                      I find it farcical that some on here are still taking the pee out of Fulham for apparently selling cheap tickets??? Fact is they have grown their core crowd by what, 100% or more. Over the same period we have at best stagnated but have probably alienated a lot of fans.
                      We urgently need to start significantly reducing prices if we are going to get people to want to turn out regularly and develop a bond or affinity with the club. I don't think one off initiatives for unattractive games work in the long-run either, it has to be something like 20 max for every game with no booking fees. There's no point over analysing things with socio-economic theories..... it's too effing expensive to watch football at LR.

                      I agree that a reduced price for matchday and season tickets would go a long way to enticing fans back and get new ones in, but in the long term, a better stadium will be needed as the club needs to increase income considerably to compete better

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Originally posted by Greg1882 View Post
                        High prices, #### weather and people not wanting to take kids to this fixture all played a part imho
                        This. Nobody is going to want to take their kids to watch those Neanderthals. Than f u c k we didn't lose!

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          2013/14 in championship we had school end lower on Groupon for a tenner for a few games, sold it out too!

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Don't sell out to SKY and have large numbers of our games shifted to daft times.

                            OK a midweek evening like last night should have brought in more, but enough of the Friday evening, Saturday lunchtime, Saturday evening, Sunday and coming soon thanks to that looney , incompetent EFL Chief Exec Thursday evening slots.
                            Last edited by Lord Charles; 13-09-2017, 07:02 PM.

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Glory hunters is perhaps the wrong terminology but yes, those that have turned their backs because we don't happen to play champagne football every week, call yourselves proper Rangers - not a chance.

                              I'll state a fact that a lot of those won't like - we don't need you. The atmosphere over the last few years has been rotten, even poisonous at times. 12k hardcore Rangers last night and gaps all around the ground and yet that's the best the atmosphere has been in a long time
                              #standuptocancer
                              #inyourfacecancer

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Originally posted by Bluehoop View Post
                                Glory hunters is perhaps the wrong terminology but yes, those that have turned their backs because we don't happen to play champagne football every week, call yourselves proper Rangers - not a chance.

                                I'll state a fact that a lot of those won't like - we don't need you. The atmosphere over the last few years has been rotten, even poisonous at times. 12k hardcore Rangers last night and gaps all around the ground and yet that's the best the atmosphere has been in a long time
                                I disagree completely. I dont think they claim to be proper Rangers, and theres nothing wrong with people wanting to come and enjoy a good day out. Lots of neutrals who could one day get turned into real supporters. My best mates dad took us when I was 7, evening game. I was a Man U/Liverpool/Leeds "fan", basically whoever was winning on TV. That night turned me, even though we lost. None of my family liked football. Now if I ever have kids, they will be born Rangers!

                                The poisonous atmosphere didnt come from neutrals, they come from the hardcore 12k. The 12k are the ones that dictate what happens inside the stadium, good or bad
                                Last edited by Jeems; 13-09-2017, 10:18 PM.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X