Massimo Luongo is the best midfielder in the championship

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
    How well did Luongo do on Saturday back in his deeper role without Scowen in the side ?

Best player on the pitch or anonymous ?

Genuine question, not digging him out.
    Luongo was probably our best player over the 90. Put in some superb tackles. Wheeler and Lua Lua were excellent in the first half. 2nd half Wheeler faded; Lua Lua continued well but was being constantly hacked down, until being forced off through injury. He was clearly targeted as our main attacking threat.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stanley View Post
      Luongo was probably our best player over the 90. Put in some superb tackles. Wheeler and Lua Lua were excellent in the first half. 2nd half Wheeler faded; Lua Lua continued well but was being constantly hacked down, until being forced off through injury. He was clearly targeted as our main attacking threat.
      Glad to hear LuaLua doing well. I think he's got a lot to offer if we can keep him fit.

Wheeler tiring would make sense. Up a level and he hasn't had a lot of game time either.

Comment

Glad to hear LuaLua doing well. I think he's got a lot to offer if we can keep him fit.

Wheeler tiring would make sense. Up a level and he hasn't had a lot of game time either.
        Yes, 1st half Wheeler's runs and positional sense was excellent and is what lead to his well taken goal. A lot of his goals for Exeter were headers which you could tell as he seems good in the air.

Agree about LuaLua too, he looked a real threat.

Comment

• Yes Luongo is playing very well in his third year after two years of nothing so the only reasonable conclusion is he's only as good as Scowens makes him

Comment

• Originally posted by dogsrrs View Post
            Yes Luongo is playing very well in his third year after two years of nothing so the only reasonable conclusion is he's only as good as Scowens makes him
            Or he's finally adapted to the Championship and has moulded himself into a good Championship player? You know, just for fun? He played on Saturday and played well, and Scowen wasn't playing.
            Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
            Pawel Wszolek - 6
            Luke Freeman - 6
            Matt Smith - 6
            Ebere Eze - 4
            Joel Lynch - 3
            Tomer Hemed - 3
            Toni Leistner - 2
            Massimo Luongo- 2
            Angel Rangel - 2
            Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
            Geoff Cameron - 1
            Aramide Oteh - 1
            Jake Bidwell - 1
            Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

Yes Luongo is playing very well in his third year after two years of nothing so the only reasonable conclusion is he's only as good as Scowens makes him
              Lol
              "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

• Originally posted by Ginger Ninja View Post
                Or he's finally adapted to the Championship and has moulded himself into a good Championship player? You know, just for fun? He played on Saturday and played well, and Scowen wasn't playing.
                i think its a bit of both.
                most annoyimg of all though is he'll probably be off in the summer if he keeps up his form then it'll be the same story again for his replacement

Comment

As see it to also remarkable improvement in Freemans game to not a coincidence is it lets see what happens both seemed to have stepped up since Scowen's inclusion, they have much more freedom with him in the team,

Comment

18 months of those 2 years he's had Karl Henry standing next to him playing 2 yard passes and had to do all of his running and tackling. Now he has finally got quality midfielders next to him who share the work rate, allowing him to play his natural game.

Comment

• Originally posted by croxleyhoops View Post
                      18 months of those 2 years he's had Karl Henry standing next to him playing 2 yard passes and had to do all of his running and tackling. Now he has finally got quality midfielders next to him who share the work rate, allowing him to play his natural game.
                      Yes to the 2nd part he makes the 3rd part of a quality midfield but you can't put it on Henry it was up to him to play his own game like he did on Saturday without Scowens

Comment

• Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
                        Lol
                        What's to lol about you and everybody else knows he's been crap for two and a half years ? Ok you recognized there was a player in there but doesn't mean he played well for time apart from the odd game here and there

Comment

• Originally posted by croxleyhoops View Post
                          Not actually true though as Henry hardly played after we dropped and never got s sniff from what October last year

Comment

• Originally posted by West Acton View Post
                            Not actually true though as Henry hardly played after we dropped and never got s sniff from what October last year
                            Henry played about 30 odd games in the season we dropped. Not sure how many times they played together though.

Comment

Henry played about 30 odd games in the season we dropped. Not sure how many times they played together though.
                              Mass was not with us season we dropped or I never thought he was

Comment

• Originally posted by West Acton View Post
                                Mass was not with us season we dropped or I never thought he was
                                He wasn't. He was playing in league 1 that season.

Comment

Working...
                                X