Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Transfer Window / Loan System

http://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/q...amble-signings

I've just noticed this article where Ollie is bemoaning the current transfer window and the inability to loan a player or even recall a loaned player whilst the transfer window is shut. Just wondered what everyone else's take on this?

For the record, I actually think he's spot on. Puts too much strain on clubs with more modest resources. They should be able to loan a player in situation where there are injuries and suspensions.

It also encourages hoarding of players by the richer clubs, which in turn stunts their development due to less opportunity to go out on loan and play games!

The big boys want to retain the status quo Tarbie , and the whole football system revolves around them

Comment

The only thing mental here, is Holloway and the way QPR have ballsed up this window.

We have all known the frailties of this squad, i.e right back, decent centre back (the current set of Onuoha, Lynch, Hall and Caulker is not good enough due to injuries ,loss of form or ability), and a mobile goalscorer all summer yet only Baptiste has been added to the squad's defence.

People will point out we don't know how much work has been put into trying to recruit, lack of funds, FFP etc. As for the latter, other clubs don't appear to be paying to much heed to it.

Whilst I am not suggesting paying huge sums of money, surely they could have scouted some affordable signings, after all, they appear to have appointed a team of scouts over the summer.

Comment

Shut up Ollie FFS.

Comment

Originally posted by stanistheman View Post
          The only thing mental here, is Holloway and the way QPR have ballsed up this window.

We have all known the frailties of this squad, i.e right back, decent centre back (the current set of Onuoha, Lynch, Hall and Caulker is not good enough due to injuries ,loss of form or ability), and a mobile goalscorer all summer yet only Baptiste has been added to the squad's defence.

People will point out we don't know how much work has been put into trying to recruit, lack of funds, FFP etc. As for the latter, other clubs don't appear to be paying to much heed to it.

Whilst I am not suggesting paying huge sums of money, surely they could have scouted some affordable signings, after all, they appear to have appointed a team of scouts over the summer.
          Okay let's just forget about signing Scowen then shall we? Let's ignore we've signed Baptiste - a championship level defender on a free. Let's ignore Lua Lua on a 6 month loan. Let's ignore that we brought in Freeman and Smith for very little money 6 months ago. Let's ignore that most other clubs who are ignoring FFP haven't spunked £250m previously...

I agree with haven't filled all necessary gaps but it's never going to be a perfect window for us whilst we are trying to make up for previous mistakes. Goalscorers aren't even affordable, let alone cheap. The defence should have had a lot more work done on it but I still believe that Curtis Fleming isn't a good enough defensive coach which is the main problem that needs addressing. Perch Onuoha Caulker Baptiste Bidwell should all be very capable defenders at this level
          My old man never said be a Chelsea fan...

Comment

Let's ignore the fact that Baptiste is not a Championship level defender. That is why he was free.Lua Lua has done nothing to show that he can hack it That is why he has been twice loaned out. Agree about Fleming that's why Hartlepool let him come to us.
            That defence has proven it is not capable at this level and is letting everyone down time and time again. Freeman and Scowen good signings but the juries still out on Smith. Out of the 5 signings only 2 are starters.

Comment

Does no one on here think we will buy a few players on deadline day then?

Comment

Originally posted by Cjskinz View Post
                Okay let's just forget about signing Scowen then shall we? Let's ignore we've signed Baptiste - a championship level defender on a free. Let's ignore Lua Lua on a 6 month loan. Let's ignore that we brought in Freeman and Smith for very little money 6 months ago. Let's ignore that most other clubs who are ignoring FFP haven't spunked £250m previously...

I agree with haven't filled all necessary gaps but it's never going to be a perfect window for us whilst we are trying to make up for previous mistakes. Goalscorers aren't even affordable, let alone cheap. The defence should have had a lot more work done on it but I still believe that Curtis Fleming isn't a good enough defensive coach which is the main problem that needs addressing. Perch Onuoha Caulker Baptiste Bidwell should all be very capable defenders at this level
                brilliant post

Comment

Originally posted by Cjskinz View Post

Should be maybe, but our results suggest otherwise.

The jury is out on Baptiste, Bidwell is consistent enough but Perch, Caulker and especially Onuoha are liabilities at best.

Comment

Agree, rodman. 'should be' is the correct terminology for those gentlemen!

We've shipped self inflicting defensive error goals for 18 months now, which is the proof needed in the pudding - not good enough.

Comment

this piece casts an interesting light... especially in relation to how loans are starting to work - http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/footba...-loan-11060633

if true, it's madness - £1.2m fee, 80% increase in wages, £200k agents fees to sign someone who has made 20 appearances in 5 years for his parent club on a season-long loan.

Comment

it's all put in place for the big clubs , they buy the best players because they pay the best wages . anyone that's any good isn't going to be loaned out he's going to be playing for the club that bought him

Comment

Originally posted by stanistheman View Post

That is a valid point.
                          QPR
                          Best team in the world
                          Sort of

Comment

i don't get why they stopped loans after the window has ended, it makes little sense for developing players. i think it should be more like you can only sign players who are u21 on loan (unsure if it was already like that though). if a team is hit with an injury to a key player they'd be able to patch it up with a youngster on loan and would also be giving that player key development too, theres tonnes and tonnes of current players who started their career by signing on loan after the window has shut and it gave them a good start to their career, they had the opportunity to showcase their talents.
                            in the january and summer transfer window teams are more focused on building their team and some 18 year old john doe on loan from chelsea isn't in their thoughts

Comment

So it is costing Brum Virtually £180,000 a month for a player that will say goodbye at the end of the season and leave them with nothing. Very sensible. The loan system can stop clubs signing the types of Wheeler or Smythe who given the chance could turn out to be gems.
                              I prefer our way at least at the end of the season they will still be ours and could be worth something.

Comment

Working...
                              X