Short of defenders!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Short of defenders!

With Hall, Perch and Lynch all injured; Caulker still nowhere fit enough to play and Robinson always caught in two minds, we may have a huge problem in our defence. Just hope that this humilating defeat we suffered will not be the first of the famous six straight defeats which we were so accustomed to last season!

Matched with Nedum Onuoha's inability to actually 'defend' as well - yes some reinforcements at the back are needed.
    Last edited by West London is Rss; 24-08-2017, 03:23 PM.

Comment

And quickly!

Comment

Nedum makes mistakes but he's our best defender. I think him and Caulker could do a good job if we can get Caulker back to anywhere near his former self. I''m hoping that he was taking is easy on tuesday because he's raring to go for Saturday. One thing Tuesday proved was that Bidwell is much better than Robinson. That leaves right back and I think one of Bapitiste or Furlong will be ok. I'd probably veer towards Baptiste.

Comment

It's not hard for him to be our best defender when the rest of them are just as bad.

Let's hope Baptiste isn't in a back four that shifts four goals again at the weekend...

Comment

Best defender by some distance is Ned Hall only one on par with him.

You were bigging Lynch up the other day did you see him playing musical statues against Norwich

Comment

Really baffles me the Ned loving, anyone who knows anything about football knows he is just a 100m spinter in football boots.

No, but I have seen Onuoha confuse blue and white hoops for every other colour over the rainbow so far this season.

Comment

Check the highlights then its jaw dropping what he's doing

Not about loving Ned just being honest he's not the worst defender we have and there is only one defender on books anyone could even argue is better and he's always injured

Comment

Back 3 of furlong caulker nedum doesn't fill me with confidence either, but it isn't terrible when you look at other championship defences. I'm sure we will not sign another as we have baptiste, Giles Phillips fit as well and lynch perch and hall to come back. We will have to make do with furlong covering for perch until he is back, and caulker/baptiste covering until lynch or hall are back. We'll be fine don't worry, this is the championship and we can't have quality in every position, otherwise we'd not be in this league

Comment

None of our combinations at the back fill me with confidence there all individuals not a unit. If we were throwing money about would replace entire back four

Comment

Baptiste is very slow and not very comfortable on the ball. A very old fashioned clear your lines anywhere defender and would make a terrible wingback.

Comment

Which is the main reason why I think we will struggle this season (now remember ,the season is longer than 4 games),our best player is our goalie smithies,but even he won't be able to save every shot. Our defence is poor and we will lose way more than we win over the season ( but we are 6th !!!!,yes I know but its only 4 games),I will be very interested to see how we do against Cardiff this Saturday, I think they could make the play offs this season,decent team and a stern test for us.

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
                          Check the highlights then its jaw dropping what he's doing

Not about loving Ned just being honest he's not the worst defender we have and there is only one defender on books anyone could even argue is better and he's always injured
                          Oh wow, terrible. Have you seen the Onuoha mistakes in our games previous to that one? Imagine having him as your best centre-half. King Ned.

Comment

Greatest of respect mate can't take your opinion on defenders seriously as you don't have an eye for one. If memory serves me right you were calling for Caulker Baptise and lynch in another thread as back three. You got two of them on Tuesday and they were shambolic

We will agree to disagree on this one

Comment

And in answer to question yes seen plenty of Ned mistakes your spot on with that. Seen plenty of perch Hall and especially Lynch mistakes too

Comment

Working...
                              X