X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jimmy Floyd Rabbit View Post
    Really?

How many players bought on multi million pound deals over years?

How many millions spent on agents fees?

How many millions spent on paying off contracts to get people out of the club?

How many millions paid out on players however large or small?

How many millions on managers salaries and then paying them off too when sacked?

I think you're being a bit blinkered here.

It's pretty common knowledge.
    Exactly mate.

Classic example is Julio Cesar. Free transfer but came on a 4 year deal, paying 70 grand a week, no doubt with a sizeable sign on and agents fee.

Left us on another free transfer to Benfica 2 years later. Benfica no doubt paid him a smaller salary meaning that we probably paid him off the difference in salary for the remainder of the contract.

Whilst we never paid a penny for Cesar, I'm willing to bet that between salary, agents fees and the pay off to terminate his contract, he cost us at least 15m quid!
    Last edited by Tarbie; 29-07-2017, 09:15 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
      Exactly mate.

Classic example is Julio Cesar. Free transfer but came on a 4 year deal, paying 70 grand a week, no doubt with a sizeable sign on and agents fee.

Left us on another free transfer to Benfica 2 years later. Benfica no doubt paid him a smaller salary meaning that we probably paid him off the difference in salary for the remainder of the contract.

Whilst we never paid a penny for Cesar, I'm willing to bet that between salary, agents fees and the pay off to terminate his contract, he cost us at least 15m quid!
      Wonder if we paid for the helicopter he took to training

Comment

This was our biggest mistake. Fans do seem to think we spent big but completely in the wrong areas. Harry redchap only had a little black book of pensioner's so he also didn't help the cause
        I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Well I think today,although only a friendly, will give us a big idea. What formation? what team? what tactics? is Hall fit? Will he play Mackie, is Wzsolek going to be left twiddling his thumbs ,how many will Washington miss and how long will it take to realise route one doesn't work.

Comment

We stayed up by the skin of our teeth last season, and we are defiantly no better as of right now than we were then - Based on that logic, relegation looks a distinct possibility at this point. Unless reinforcements are brought in (and let's be honest, the names we're being linked with doesn't exactly suggest that we'll be picking up any stars) it's going to be a hard and disappointing season for my money.

Comment

Davie I do tend to agree and I think route one should be more plan b or c than a because we need to play a quick passing game. Stan made a pt in his interview where the players were sent to Germany. They can back and started playing 1 touch football. Our current crop couldn't even play 2,3,4 or 5 touch football. We just don't have the ability to play a style that the fans want to in that sense I am sympathetic to ollie

Comment

In my opinion, at least 5 or 6 of Our players are capable of playing one touch football. Not sure we can play the long ball game at all.
                QPR
                Best team in the world
                Sort of

Comment

Originally posted by Shania View Post
                  In my opinion, at least 5 or 6 of Our players are capable of playing one touch football. Not sure we can play the long ball game at all.
                  Another fan not wanting to live in the real world.

Comment

Originally posted by Shania View Post
                    True one touch and they lose it

Comment

• Then I wonder how we shall play it? Take them on the break?
                      QPR
                      Best team in the world
                      Sort of

Comment

• Originally posted by Shania View Post
                        Every professional footballer should be able to play one touch, otherwise they shouldnt be a pro, plus amazes me how many can only kick with one foot!
                        http://soundcloud.com/pinkie2

Comment

• Originally posted by Pinkie View Post
                          Every professional footballer should be able to play one touch, otherwise they shouldnt be a pro, plus amazes me how many can only kick with one foot!

That is true. That is also why we need better coaches at Academy level.
                          QPR
                          Best team in the world
                          Sort of

Comment

• Originally posted by Pinkie View Post
                            Well our glorious leader could only kick with one foot premier with us and Newcastle England international very one footed

Comment

• Originally posted by dogsrrs View Post
                              Well our glorious leader could only kick with one foot premier with us and Newcastle England international very one footed
                              Did i not put every professional or did you decide to just ignore that lol
                              http://soundcloud.com/pinkie2

Comment

• hopefully we get off to a flyer. We have had horror pre season but gut tells me we will turn Reading over

Comment

Working...
                                X