We are 100% going down

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
    It's not a stupid comment in my opinion mate. Ollie is the dictionary definition of a "limited coach". All passion and heart, but very little tactical prowess. Let's be honest, with his level of passion and enthusiasm, if he understood the tactical side of the game, Ollie would be given Jose Mourinho and Pep Guardiola something to worry about. Instead he's back at about the only club in the top 2 division that were prepared to hire him after his stint at Millwall.
    Tarbie I think you're a very reasonable bloke and always put your arguments across very well.

Problem with this is displays against Newcastle away and Reading away show he isn't limited tactically, and even this season with Boro away who hadn't conceded at home this point and the £££ they spent we gave a VERY good account of ourselves, especially with about 5 first team players missing.

Also, as a side point, Pep inherited a Barca squad where the football ethos was already there and a ridiculous Bayern squad so didn't really have to do much. He got found out at City last year but is making improvements.

And as for Jose, couldn't keep Chelsea players on side over an argument with a physio and I have no doubt he'll fall out with a few United players too.

My point with that is, you can be tactically the best in the world, but if you haven't got players on side wanting to play, you are nothing.
    My old man never said be a Chelsea fan...

Comment

• Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
      Well let's put it this way, when I watch our games under Ollie I disagree with most of the decisions he makes in terms of formations, line-ups and substitutions. When I watched us under Neil Warnock, I found myself agreeing with 9 out of 10 decisions he made.

Not saying that I'm the oracle when it comes to football tactics. But it's how I feel, I know a lot of fans that agree with me!
      And to be fair on this point, Warnock had a one in a billion player in Taarabt. Ollie doesn't. Warnock knew he had to build the team around him and let him do his thing, wouldn't say that is being tactically astute.

Not disputing he's a very good championship manager btw, just no point comparing because of Taarabt.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cjskinz View Post
        And to be fair on this point, Warnock had a one in a billion player in Taarabt. Ollie doesn't. Warnock knew he had to build the team around him and let him do his thing, wouldn't say that is being tactically astute.

Not disputing he's a very good championship manager btw, just no point comparing because of Taarabt.
        How about Warnock's second coming when he didn't have Adel ?
        Last edited by Shepherds Mush; 20-09-2017, 09:45 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
          How about Warnock's second coming when he didn't have Adel ?
          It was barely a handful of games. Not disputing he isn't a great manager my point was no point comparing that season with Adel to anything Ollie does

Comment

It was barely a handful of games. Not disputing he isn't a great manager my point was no point comparing that season with Adel to anything Ollie does
            True. Just thought in that handful of games you could see a real Warnock side. Hard to play against.

Comment

True. Just thought in that handful of games you could see a real Warnock side. Hard to play against.
              Given the choice between Ollie (including the runs of defeats where i actually thought we played very well) and Warnock's small stint in charge (not the Taarabt season) I would prefer Ollie. Won't be top of the championship but I actually look forward to every game and always think we can get something out of a game no matter who we are playing. Recruitment has been superb as well.

Comment

Given the choice between Ollie (including the runs of defeats where i actually thought we played very well) and Warnock's small stint in charge (not the Taarabt season) I would prefer Ollie. Won't be top of the championship but I actually look forward to every game and always think we can get something out of a game no matter who we are playing. Recruitment has been superb as well.
                I'd agree on that. Holloway sets up to attack, Warnock sets up to be hard to beat. I'd always opt to watch a team that will try and attack.

Comment

• Had us 96.5% last week but after our SHOCK loss away to Boro I have us back at 98% now.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brian Wilson View Post
                    Had us 96.5% last week but after our SHOCK loss away to Boro I have us back at 98% now.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pinkie View Post
                      Sack ollie we're rubbish
                      bit harsh mate. The time to have got rid of him was last season.

1 point from 4 away games and 3 defeats away on the spin a concern and League Cup performances an embarrassment. However home form has been good which kind of balances it out.

Personally would give him 10 games so we can gauge him on this season. If we go on a long losing run during that time then for me he has to go but give him some breathing space in the meantime. For all we know may come good.

Comment

• Originally posted by FurtiveFox View Post
                        Personally would give him 10 games so we can gauge him on this season. If we go on a long losing run during that time then for me he has to go but give him some breathing space in the meantime.
                        How long a losing run will be enough in those 10 games for you to sack Holloway?

Comment

How long a losing run will be enough in those 10 games for you to sack Holloway?
                          4-6 personally. That would show me that last season was not a blip and is something that will continue under Ollie and we need to change to someone who can give us some consistency.

Comment

bit harsh mate. The time to have got rid of him was last season.

1 point from 4 away games and 3 defeats away on the spin a concern and League Cup performances an embarrassment. However home form has been good which kind of balances it out.

Personally would give him 10 games so we can gauge him on this season. If we go on a long losing run during that time then for me he has to go but give him some breathing space in the meantime. For all we know may come good.
                            I don't really think away form is a concern. We have played some very good teams away and come extremely close to getting a point out of both (Lualua miss v cardiff, pav hitting post against Boro)

Also, I think he has proved from the beginning of this season that he is capable. 10 games he has to prove himself until the next 10 games he's given to prove himself? He's in a no win situation if we keep that attitude up.

Besides, the squad is depleted due to long term injuries out of Ollie's control. Would be extremely harsh to sack him if he doesn't do well during injury crisis.

Comment

4-6 personally. That would show me that last season was not a blip and is something that will continue under Ollie and we need to change to someone who can give us some consistency.
                              ok..for arguments sake, what would consistency be ?

win 3 draw 4 lose 3 ?

Comment

I don't really think away form is a concern. We have played some very good teams away and come extremely close to getting a point out of both (Lualua miss v cardiff, pav hitting post against Boro)

Also, I think he has proved from the beginning of this season that he is capable. 10 games he has to prove himself until the next 10 games he's given to prove himself? He's in a no win situation if we keep that attitude up.

Besides, the squad is depleted due to long term injuries out of Ollie's control. Would be extremely harsh to sack him if he doesn't do well during injury crisis.
                                I have seen some things I have liked this season but for me not been long enough for me to not have continuing concerns, particularly after the compete fark up Ollie made over the course of 30 games last season. Another 10 games is 18 league games in all so should be able to achieve overall consistency over that. Also gives him some more away games to show we can grind out some away points. We showed spirit against Boro but to be fair they battered us at times. Losing well is still losing. I want to see some away points on the board over the next say five away games.

I like Ollie a lot on a personal basis but lost all trust in him as a manager last season and it takes time to build trust up again.

Comment

Working...
                                X