Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

We are 100% going down

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by klonk View Post
    hmmmm... personally, i think that this is a slightly unusual way of looking at it. when ollie arrived, we were a team that was thought to be in with a shout of the play-offs? errr... by who, no one on here from what i can remember - we were 17th? the squad was strengthened the following january? you mean when most of our then-supposed best players (polter, chery and, er, the mighty sandro) left and only freeman and matt smith came in?

    glad to hear that it's still way too early to call how we'll do... i guess that will only happen when we lose two games on the trot.
    The challenging for play offs comment came from Sir Les. Chery wasn't really performing, Sandro an expensive waste of space and whilst I liked Polter he was limited to put it kindly. In other words they were ours on paper but weren't really part of the team but a hangover from a more reckless period. The squad we had was underperforming hence the manager getting the sack.

    To have two losing 6 game runs (only 5 in our whole history to put it in context!) was ridiculously bad and over the 30 odd games Ollie had we were overall very poor.

    There are signs of hope. Home league form been promising overall and the players Ollie has brought in have in the main looked decent. For me personally though will take a lot more than 7 games for me to trust that Ollie is right man for the job. I hope he is.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by FurtiveFox View Post
      The challenging for play offs comment came from Sir Les. Chery wasn't really performing, Sandro an expensive waste of space and whilst I liked Polter he was limited to put it kindly. In other words they were ours on paper but weren't really part of the team but a hangover from a more reckless period. The squad we had was underperforming hence the manager getting the sack.

      To have two losing 6 game runs (only 5 in our whole history to put it in context!) was ridiculously bad and over the 30 odd games Ollie had we were overall very poor.

      There are signs of hope. Home league form been promising overall and the players Ollie has brought in have in the main looked decent. For me personally though will take a lot more than 7 games for me to trust that Ollie is right man for the job. I hope he is.
      i'm personally not totally convinced that ollie is the man for the job, but it's quite grinding that there is no patience whatsoever these days. yes there were 2 six-game losing streaks, but the second one needs to be put in context - we seemed to be safe and ollie started experimenting with a view to this season (probably a game or so too early).

      it's worth remembering that most opposition fans rated chery and polter as our 2 best players (i think they were the first stages of a middle era, not the reckless days of sandro, nor the poundland days, but somewhere in the middle - and we allegedly turned a profit on both), but you're right - chery had flashes of promise, followed by meh... polter tried and gave what he had, but yeh..). many on here claimed that sandro was our saviour and that jfh/ollie/ramsey etc were foolish to leave the man of glass on the sidelines.

      it's quite weird to me that some posters, who didn't want to give ollie any games this season, are now claiming that it's all too early to make any assessment of the season.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Rebel R's View Post
        I was wondering who dregged up this thread,I should have guessed,you appear to have too much time on your hands,and just love stirring it up,good for you ,stanley "the king of stirring the s h i t ".
        You must be absolutely gutted that we aren't languishing at the bottom with nil points
        Top Scorers 2018/2019



        Summer Transfers 2018

        IN
        Toni Leistner.

        OUT
        Jamie Mackie, James Perch, Nedum Onuoha, Jay Emmanuel-Thomas, Jack Robinson, Alex Smithies.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by klonk View Post

          it's quite weird to me that some posters, who didn't want to give ollie any games this season, are now claiming that it's all too early to make any assessment of the season.
          yep, its all "next game will show where we are" stuff...almost waiting for the inevitable.
          "When you look annoyed all the time, people think you're busy"

          Comment


          • Thread title need IMO here?

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Ginger Ninja View Post
              You must be absolutely gutted that we aren't languishing at the bottom with nil points
              Gutted my orange friend,despite supporting my team for 45 years,I want us not only relegated from this division but also league 1 AND league 2 ,and out of the conference as well,is there any league below that,if so I want them down there. Now I want Mc Loud s crown,I want to be the new king of sarcasm

              Comment


              • Originally posted by 1QPRDK View Post
                Thread title need IMO here?
                Obviously not, because everyone knows he's not The Oracle

                Comment


                • Originally posted by klonk View Post
                  i'm personally not totally convinced that ollie is the man for the job, but it's quite grinding that there is no patience whatsoever these days. yes there were 2 six-game losing streaks, but the second one needs to be put in context - we seemed to be safe and ollie started experimenting with a view to this season (probably a game or so too early).

                  it's worth remembering that most opposition fans rated chery and polter as our 2 best players (i think they were the first stages of a middle era, not the reckless days of sandro, nor the poundland days, but somewhere in the middle - and we allegedly turned a profit on both), but you're right - chery had flashes of promise, followed by meh... polter tried and gave what he had, but yeh..). many on here claimed that sandro was our saviour and that jfh/ollie/ramsey etc were foolish to leave the man of glass on the sidelines.

                  it's quite weird to me that some posters, who didn't want to give ollie any games this season, are now claiming that it's all too early to make any assessment of the season.
                  I'm one of those who wanted him gone (didn't want him appointed in first place) end of last season and can't fathom why he was kept on given our appalling run of form under him. However he was and we are stuck with him, at least for a while, so why not give it a bit of time and see if he can prove me and others wrong?

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Stanley View Post
                    Obviously not, because everyone knows he's not The Oracle
                    He had me fooled all summer

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Rebel R's View Post
                      Gutted my orange friend,despite supporting my team for 45 years,I want us not only relegated from this division but also league 1 AND league 2 ,and out of the conference as well,is there any league below that,if so I want them down there. Now I want Mc Loud s crown,I want to be the new king of sarcasm
                      That was sarcasm? Until you said it was, I thought you were being truthful
                      Top Scorers 2018/2019



                      Summer Transfers 2018

                      IN
                      Toni Leistner.

                      OUT
                      Jamie Mackie, James Perch, Nedum Onuoha, Jay Emmanuel-Thomas, Jack Robinson, Alex Smithies.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Rebel R's View Post
                        Gutted my orange friend,despite supporting my team for 45 years,I want us not only relegated from this division but also league 1 AND league 2 ,and out of the conference as well,is there any league below that,if so I want them down there. Now I want Mc Loud s crown,I want to be the new king of sarcasm
                        you sound like my dad after fulham (his team) lose

                        Comment


                        • If we still have a chance of staying up by Xmas I'll be a happy man. Only possible if we sack ollie and sir les now
                          I played sunday league football today.

                          Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

                          I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

                          We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

                          Comment


                          • I hear redchap is on the verge of the tin tack, after winning 1 in 7 games.

                            fox and rebel will be really happy if we get this man in.

                            #top bloke
                            #little black book
                            #world class manager even on 1 leg
                            #trirrific chap

                            ollie out and redchap in, make it happen for our loyal fan base rebel and fox
                            I played sunday league football today.

                            Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

                            I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

                            We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
                              I hear redchap is on the verge of the tin tack, after winning 1 in 7 games.

                              fox and rebel will be really happy if we get this man in.

                              #top bloke
                              #little black book
                              #world class manager even on 1 leg
                              #trirrific chap

                              ollie out and redchap in, make it happen for our loyal fan base rebel and fox
                              I started the Redcrap out thread a few years ago when he was ####ing things up for the club,NO,there is no way the club would have him back,and I wouldn't want him ,I'm sure nobody would

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by corbray View Post
                                you sound like my dad after fulham (his team) lose
                                So he is as grumpy as me?

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X