We are 100% going down

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
    ok..for arguments sake, what would consistency be ?

win 3 draw 4 lose 3 ?
    Probably close to that, depends on opposition. With another manager would probably hope for bit better.

Comment

• I really think we are win every nearly every home game and draw and lose one or two and lose nearly every away game and only draw one or two.
      Dont ever see us winning away with this side/manager.

Comment

• Originally posted by FurtiveFox View Post
        I have seen some things I have liked this season but for me not been long enough for me to not have continuing concerns, particularly after the compete fark up Ollie made over the course of 30 games last season. Another 10 games is 18 league games in all so should be able to achieve overall consistency over that. Also gives him some more away games to show we can grind out some away points. We showed spirit against Boro but to be fair they battered us at times. Losing well is still losing. I want to see some away points on the board over the next say five away games.

I like Ollie a lot on a personal basis but lost all trust in him as a manager last season and it takes time to build trust up again.
        Yeah I can understand that.

For me, those losses we really didn't deserve to lose all of them and thought we played very very well in quite a few of them. If we hadn't, I'd have been on this message board ranting and raving no doubt! But I think it's over the last few years (Hughes Redknapp Ramsey JFH) of just being plain miserable about QPR I see that there is someone on board who cares as much as I do what happens to this club that makes me want to support Ollie and the team.

I can understand people saying he's not good enough not tactical enough not consistent enough (or too consistent - in losing) etc but for me I've seen the way we are trying to play football, the recruitment process and even a change of atmosphere at Loftus Road and anyone who can do that in this short space of time has my support.

I'd give Ollie one full season to show what he can do. Think he has surprised a few so far so long may it continue!
        My old man never said be a Chelsea fan...

Comment

Probably close to that, depends on opposition. With another manager would probably hope for bit better.
          Just interested as say Holloway won 5 and lost 5 (15 points) - I would probably say that a more consistent manager (even amount of wins/draws/losses) wouldn't be far off those points.

Only difference would be if you can find a manager who consistently wins !

Comment

bit harsh mate. The time to have got rid of him was last season.

1 point from 4 away games and 3 defeats away on the spin a concern and League Cup performances an embarrassment. However home form has been good which kind of balances it out.

Personally would give him 10 games so we can gauge him on this season. If we go on a long losing run during that time then for me he has to go but give him some breathing space in the meantime. For all we know may come good.
            Oh give it a break furtive, good job youre not hiring and firing then as we wouldnt have this good progress we've got now and youd be a muppet if you dont think ollie wasnt trying things out last season to get a formation and players suited to it! Yes we sailed far too close and he knows that but he was trying things out which wasnt good in the end but look at our great signings and our midfield now!
            Last edited by Pinkie; 20-09-2017, 03:00 PM.
            http://soundcloud.com/pinkie2

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
              I really think we are win every nearly every home game and draw and lose one or two and lose nearly every away game and only draw one or two.
              Dont ever see us winning away with this side/manager.
              Jesus!!,am I the only one who can't make head nor tail of this post??

Comment

• Originally posted by Rebel R's View Post
                Haha yeah i looked at it for ages!

He's saying we might lose or draw a few at home but win most of them, and lose most away from home but draw one or two.

Then the last sentence is being dramatic

Comment

• Originally posted by Rebel R's View Post

Say 20 home games 17 wins two draws and one loss.
                  Say 20 away games 17 losses and 3 draws and no wins.

No dramatics, i would not be surprised one tiny bit if we do not win one game away this season.
                  Went ahead twice saturday and still lost, my reasoning comes from that,

Im not saying we wont win away, law of averages usually means every club does, but i dont ever envisage it when we play away.
                  Id bet money on us every single game at home, but would never and have never bet on us away.
                  Last edited by Kevin Mcleod; 20-09-2017, 04:15 PM.

Comment

Here he is. Troll boys back.

Ill type this slow cos i know you cant read very fast.

Say 20 home games 17 wins two draws and one loss.
                    Say 20 away games 17 losses and 3 draws and no wins.

No dramatics, i would not be surprised one tiny bit if we do not win one game away this season.
                    Went ahead twice saturday and still lost, my reasoning comes from that,
                    We lost on saturday against a very good Boro side who have spent millions and millions (£15m on their striker alone) who hadn't conceded at home all season, and we had Scowen, Washington, Perch, Onuoha, Caulker, Lynch, Hall all out injured. And despite all those things, we went ahead twice. Pretty good achievement. Doesn't equal points granted but if that doesn't give you hope I don't know what will

Comment

• Originally posted by Cjskinz View Post
                      We lost on saturday against a very good Boro side who have spent millions and millions (£15m on their striker alone) who hadn't conceded at home all season, and we had Scowen, Washington, Perch, Onuoha, Caulker, Lynch, Hall all out injured. And despite all those things, we went ahead twice. Pretty good achievement. Doesn't equal points granted but if that doesn't give you hope I don't know what will
                      Who else we lost to this season away?
                      My memory is terrible. Anyone in our mini league?

Comment

Who else we lost to this season away?
                        My memory is terrible. Anyone in our mini league?
                        Lost to Cardiff, very good team and by only 1 goal and LuaLua should have equalled the game

Lost to Norwich, we never win there.

Drew with Sheff Weds

I haven't really paid attention to whatever this mini league thing is so wouldn't know I'm afraid

Comment

• Im more than pleased with the way things are going, i just think we have no luck or ability to hold out for a win away from home.
                          So home form matters massively and loftus road has to be the fortress so to speak.

Comment

i just think we have no luck or ability to hold out for a win away from home.
                            Only seasons we havent been like this are when we've been promoted. Even think when we went up from league 2 teh majority of our away points were from draws.

An obvious fact maybe but just highlights this away form is nothing new. Probably is the same for most clubs up and down the country.

Turn it around and that is when we can become top 6 contenders (IMO).

Comment

• Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
                              Only seasons we havent been like this are when we've been promoted. Even think when we went up from league 2 teh majority of our away points were from draws.

An obvious fact maybe but just highlights this away form is nothing new. Probably is the same for most clubs up and down the country.

Turn it around and that is when we can become top 6 contenders (IMO).
                              Yes thats what i think as well, havent we always been rubbish away from home?
                              And i dont really want to say this cos i dont want to bash ollie, but hes no warnock so tactically i dont think hes aware enough to get us winning away, but that fighting spirit at home is enough to get us wins most of the time cos of our tiny ground and the crowd urging them on.

Comment

• It's sometimes easier to lose narrowly to top table teams away than actually win mid-table teams. But too early to judge really.

Comment

Working...
                                X