Stadium update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think this is a great idea, and scaled down to 30,000 is more realistic"
    Also, ,We used to play around the corner in Latimer Road.

Comment

You put a ground in and places to drink will pop up. Could still walk from springbok easy enough. When OOC is up and running the three new stations for that will make commute easy and bring new pubs on board.

Plus believe there looking to open up the overground station which was by LC which would link to new station at North Acton where there are two decent pubs

Comment

i couldn't go watch a team with a running track around it , i love being close to the action . have been at some grounds u are so far from the pitch there is no atmosphere ; location wise it could work but i would like us to stay at LR forever

Comment

Originally posted by 72bus View Post
          i couldn't go watch a team with a running track around it , i love being close to the action . have been at some grounds u are so far from the pitch there is no atmosphere ; location wise it could work but i would like us to stay at LR forever
          They saying to build a new running stadium next to the football ground.

Comment

well the 30 thousand stadium is probabley a good idea,our stadium is a little too small should we return to the prem,the sale of loftus road gives us 500 million if we take on the whole project of building the million pound flats that are already planned,,building costs are going to take 200 million giving us 100 million to spend on players which should ensure a prem returniously ive taken out 200 million for the purchase of harlsden
            Click here to view my blog.

More...

Comment

The key word is 'adjacent' nowhere does it say in. QPR Holdings will still hold land in and around OOC to make some money from.
              Trouble is I remember LC for making false starts.

Comment

Mum n Dad sold their house in Loftus Road back in the late 70s for 45k. Googled the price now 1.2m !! So QPRs land must be what ?

Comment

Originally posted by davieqpr View Post
                  The key word is 'adjacent' nowhere does it say in. QPR Holdings will still hold land in and around OOC to make some money from.
                  Trouble is I remember LC for making false starts.
                  Had to read it twice to notice the adjacent part so first time round I had a horrible thought of a running track going round the pitch. Hopefully they model this new stadium on Loftus Road. Closed, stands close to the pitch, rectangular, not oval. No soulless bowl like the Emirates, London Stadium or Ricoh please.
                  Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
                  Pawel Wszolek - 6
                  Luke Freeman - 6
                  Matt Smith - 6
                  Ebere Eze - 4
                  Joel Lynch - 3
                  Tomer Hemed - 3
                  Toni Leistner - 2
                  Massimo Luongo- 2
                  Angel Rangel - 2
                  Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
                  Geoff Cameron - 1
                  Aramide Oteh - 1
                  Jake Bidwell - 1
                  Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

Originally posted by Ginger Ninja View Post
                    Hopefully they model this new stadium on Loftus Road. Closed, stands close to the pitch, rectangular, not oval. No soulless bowl like the Emirates, London Stadium or Ricoh please.
                    This. It really doesn't have to be complicated. Scale up Loftus Road, more leg room, no restricted views, close to the pitch and add about 10,000 extra seats and job done.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe90 View Post
                      This. It really doesn't have to be complicated. Scale up Loftus Road, more leg room, no restricted views, close to the pitch and add about 10,000 extra seats and job done.
                      To be fair the Old New Stadium at OOC was based on Loftus Road, so fairly sure this new venture would be also. Use to park at back of scrubs when i went with my dad back in the 70's / 80's ideal spot for the new ground in my eyes and 30k is the right size too, especially if we get pricing levels right.

Comment

Originally posted by LoftusRoadLad View Post
                        Mum n Dad sold their house in Loftus Road back in the late 70s for 45k. Googled the price now 1.2m !! So QPRs land must be what ?
                        How many of your parent size houses could be fitted in the land?
                        Multiply the answer by 1.2m and take 30-35% and that will be approximately right although I would suspect it will be flats or a flats/house combo site

Comment

Originally posted by 3London View Post
                          sharing with athletics? does that mean a stadium with a running track around it? always hate those..you are miles away from the pitch especially at the ends
                          how about HMP Wormwood Scrubs. They can relocate to Warren Farm. That will teach the barstewards
                          I must away now, I can no longer tarry
                          This morning's tempest I have to cross
                          I must be guided without a stumble
                          Into the arms I love the most

Comment

Anyone got a land comparison for the linford Cristie stadium site and loftus road? Can't imagine there's much difference in size.

Comment

Originally posted by Norths View Post
                              Anyone got a land comparison for the linford Cristie stadium site and loftus road? Can't imagine there's much difference in size.
                              The Linford Christie site is about 3 times larger than Loftus Road
                              Last edited by Lunar Jetman; 09-02-2017, 02:42 PM.

Comment

Linford is a Ranger, Linford is a Ranger, lalalala

Comment

Working...
                                X