No announcement yet.

Stadium update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not really a great location, hospital, prison poor access etc. Would rather stay at Loftus Road
    The early bird catches the worm but the second mouse gets the cheese....

Comment

Originally posted by 1974Rs View Post
      Not really a great location, hospital, prison poor access etc. Would rather stay at Loftus Road
      I understand what you are saying but there aren't any available sites, large enough in a great location. I think this could be a winner. I have raced there (Linford Christie stadium) a number of times, and the proximity of the prison and hospital has not been an issue. There are no good pubs around there, but hopefully some would pop up if the move did happen.

Comment

I'm not sure why people keep raising hospital there are loads of grounds right beside a hospital Fulham and Chelsea to name just two. Wherever a club puts a ground, unless it's out of town like reading which non of us will want, there will be other buildings and infrastructure issues just the same as there are at our current ground

Comment

Originally posted by Southport View Post
          I understand what you are saying but there aren't any available sites, large enough in a great location. I think this could be a winner. I have raced there (Linford Christie stadium) a number of times, and the proximity of the prison and hospital has not been an issue. There are no good pubs around there, but hopefully some would pop up if the move did happen.
          The Pavillion is a good QPR pub !!

Comment

Originally posted by 1974Rs View Post
            Unfortunately Loftus Road is an artificial glass ceiling for the club.

If we're happy being medium, or average, then stay at Loftus, re-build it? Not sure how they'd fund that. But it'll never be the facility required to generate a team or funds required to sustainably challenge for, anything really, other than where we are now.

Comment

Always worries me when athletics and football combine, we voted many months back for a compact stadium, closed to the pitch. Athletics doesn't lend itself to this ideal. As good as location as we are likely to get though. Wasn't this on the cards a few years back?
              I blew a lot on vodka and tonic, gambling and fags. Looking back, I think I overdid it on the tonic. - The one and only Stanley Bowles

Comment

Originally posted by Hertford Hoop View Post
                Always worries me when athletics and football combine, we voted many months back for a compact stadium, closed to the pitch. Athletics doesn't lend itself to this ideal. As good as location as we are likely to get though. Wasn't this on the cards a few years back?
                They are saying totally seperate athletics track on the complex aint they?

Comment

Once again, the athletics track will be adjacent to the football stadium and not alongside the pitch.

Comment

It talks of two different stadium one for football and one for athletics. On a separate note, athletics fans don't like the sharing either. Unless there are large crowds at major championships, the (few) people who come to watch athletics don't create much of an atmosphere in large stadiums.

Comment

Originally posted by LoftusRoadLad View Post
                      They saying to build a new running stadium next to the football ground.
                      If that's the case then I support this project 100 %!

Comment

Originally posted by Timmy the Doc View Post
                        If that's the case then I support this project 100 %!
                        I blew a lot on vodka and tonic, gambling and fags. Looking back, I think I overdid it on the tonic. - The one and only Stanley Bowles

Comment

Cant see any negatives if it actually goes ahead aside from pubs by what people are saying! Only being a mile from loftus road is brilliant too!!! I pray to god though that its not a fancy souless bowl stadium. Hopefully itll be designed to look like a more modern loftus road with better leg room and facilities!! I love our home the same way you love your first car, you dont wanna get rid of it but its got too many problems.

Wonder what it'd be called though? Not too fussed what its called tbh but itd be nice if it was named after the area or qpr

Comment

Originally posted by LoftusRoadLad View Post
                            The Pavillion is a good QPR pub !!
                            Love the pav. I'm coming round to the idea more

Comment

Originally posted by corbray View Post
                              Cant see any negatives if it actually goes ahead aside from pubs by what people are saying! Only being a mile from loftus road is brilliant too!!! I pray to god though that its not a fancy souless bowl stadium. Hopefully itll be designed to look like a more modern loftus road with better leg room and facilities!! I love our home the same way you love your first car, you dont wanna get rid of it but its got too many problems.

Wonder what it'd be called though? Not too fussed what its called tbh but itd be nice if it was named after the area or qpr

I imagine it would be a sponsored stadium name.

I understand the limits at LR commerciallly but think a new stadium would just have empty hospitality as we don't fill all the boxes now!
                              The early bird catches the worm but the second mouse gets the cheese....

Comment

Originally posted by Greg1882 View Post
                                Love the pav. I'm coming round to the idea more
                                Yeah same, I like going to the Pav.
                                Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
                                Pawel Wszolek - 6
                                Luke Freeman - 6
                                Matt Smith - 6
                                Ebere Eze - 4
                                Joel Lynch - 3
                                Tomer Hemed - 3