Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lunar Jetman View Post
    The Linford Christie site is about 3 times larger than Loftus Road
    Well it must have expanded considerably since last time I was there....... If everything else stacks up transport ie access road is gonna be an issue. Scrubs itself is a no go area for road building, the access on that side is a cycle track. But it does feel QPR heartland, closer to LR than OOC and even closer to the old white city.

On the plus side if it all goes #### up they can just grab the kit and play on one of the scrubs pitches. One or two of our lot would be more at home there.......

Comment

Originally posted by Lunar Jetman View Post
      The Linford Christie site is about 3 times larger than Loftus Road
      Really? Will wait on the comparison stats for the two sites, as the LCS doesn't seem that big.

Comment

Originally posted by lymehoop View Post
        how about HMP Wormwood Scrubs. They can relocate to Warren Farm. That will teach the barstewards
        Surely they could whack a running track in at warren farm if it ever happens.
        Not sure how they would work it adjacent to a new stadium looking at the site on Google.

Comment

Originally posted by Norths View Post
          Really? Will wait on the comparison stats for the two sites, as the LCS doesn't seem that big.
          I've walked past it many times as I used to go walking/cycling around the scrubs (actually quite an amazing place, parts of it feel like you're in the countryside) and had a look inside as well, it' definitely a lot bigger than LR, plus it has plenty of land adjacent to it, what with the car parks and all.

Comment

Originally posted by Norths View Post
            To be clear, I'm talking about the whole site not just the running track bit.

Comment

Used to have schools sports day there every year.

Comment

So we are going to play on the Scrubbs
                Football played the Charlie Ferris way

Comment

Originally posted by LoftusRoadLad View Post
                  Lenford lived dead opposite me growing up in Loftus Road. He was fast as a kid !!
                  Met him around a few times growing up. Last time about 5/6 years ago in a laundrette on churcfield road. Was odd chatting to an Olympic gold medalist in a sh.itty laundrette, how the mighty had fallen?

Anyway, I'm now the proud owner of the fastest man on the planet's ralph Lauren towel. That towel dried those speedy balls. Lovely

Comment

I think the scrubs itself is owned by ministry of defense so could be a logistical nightmare.

Had murders with them in the past for professional reasons, they just don't give a flip and you can't question or get through to them. My understanding was that it's there for the purpose of housing troops/arms/vehicles etc should a war kick off.

In short, they don't answer to anyone. Maybe rightly so.

Having said that, I like the idea of linford Christie stadium. Not too far away at all

Comment

Sounds ideal. Haven't been to Loftus Rd in years i'm afraid so it's all down to the ticket buying fans as to what they really think about a development there.

But culturally, it fits and financially, it fits. Didn't like the idea of OOC being the hub of some purpose built town, wouldn't feel right for decades.

LC has an element of gruff about it.

But as i say, that's from an outsiders perspective, whos never lived in London and does not go week in week out.

Comment

Lee hoos and the community love to talk and talk and come up with these pie in the sky new stadium prososal that would happen,I'm sure the Linford Christie one will be talked and talked about too,but realistically who really believe it will happen,not me,we have at tiny roftus Rd

Comment

Originally posted by shaggy24 View Post
                          Whats wrong with being next to a prison some of our performances in the past have been criminal!
                          Not forgetting the crooks who have robbed the club of money with questionable transfers and ludicrous wages whilst not being fit, available or interested in playing for the club.

Comment

Originally posted by LoftusRoadLad View Post
                            Mum n Dad sold their house in Loftus Road back in the late 70s for 45k. Googled the price now 1.2m !! So QPRs land must be what ?
                            The club could always do what Arsenal did with Highbury and redevelop LR as flats for selling off starting from around 250k for a 1 bedroom flat.

I guess they could build a good number of 4 storey buildings on that site and raise more than enough money for this new stadium.

Comment

Originally posted by Kit View Post
                              To be fair the Old New Stadium at OOC was based on Loftus Road, so fairly sure this new venture would be also. Use to park at back of scrubs when i went with my dad back in the 70's / 80's ideal spot for the new ground in my eyes and 30k is the right size too, especially if we get pricing levels right.
                              Agreed,but would hope that they would include the possibility of adding to the capacity should the club ever need to in the future.

Comment

Originally posted by stanistheman View Post
                                Agreed,but would hope that they would include the possibility of adding to the capacity should the club ever need to in the future.
                                Exactly what I've been saying, We should start off with 30 but a stadium that could expand to 60 or more.

We could build a pub in each corner and rent them out to one or two chains, not unless the club run them?

I think Brentford is the only club to have a pub at each corner of the ground, and they're moving to a new site. If they don't do it, we could then be the only club to have that and would make us unique.

Comment

Working...
                                X