Club Valuation & buy out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Club Valuation & buy out

Been thinking a lot recently about how much the club is worth on the open market. Been thinking about the logistics behind a buy out, specifically a worldwide supporters trust buy out and how much that would take.

I know it sounds like a fantasy but as each year passes I think about it even more, because each year the need to actually do something becomes more urgent. The absolute key issue is how much......... Any accountants on the forum who could make a stab at what it would take? The massive problem we have is that any sale to anyone is going to mean that this lot are gonna have to take an astronomical hit to walk away. What would be their bottom line?

With you as Honorary President Hal, at least we could be sure of getting a decent manager!

We do have a couple of accountants on here, as I know they've posted in the past.

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley View Post
      With you as Honorary President Hal, at least we could be sure of getting a decent manager!

We do have a couple of accountants on here, as I know they've posted in the past.
      i have around 200 in my account, surely that would get me a director spot.
      nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Comment

Originally posted by hal9thou View Post
        Been thinking a lot recently about how much the club is worth on the open market. Been thinking about the logistics behind a buy out, specifically a worldwide supporters trust buy out and how much that would take.

I know it sounds like a fantasy but as each year passes I think about it even more, because each year the need to actually do something becomes more urgent. The absolute key issue is how much......... Any accountants on the forum who could make a stab at what it would take? The massive problem we have is that any sale to anyone is going to mean that this lot are gonna have to take an astronomical hit to walk away. What would be their bottom line?
        You hit the nail on the head when you say the board would need to take a massive hit. To be honest, I doubt it's even worth the 60m quid that was "converted to shares" last season.

I'd guess the real estate that Loftus Road is built on plus assets (i.e. players, as we don't own our training ground) could probably justify somewhere near 50m quid. There is literally nothing else though. Loss making business, so nothing in the annual accounts to push the price up!
        Last edited by Tarbie; 17-05-2017, 07:03 PM.

Comment

Most of the value is from any viable assests mainly stadium and players possibly the club own flats etc. Players well we know most of what there worth but bottom line is the clubs a serial loss making business with severe financial restraints apparently fine imposing of some description for ffp which is cobblers any idiot can run a business badly and wind it up when the fa let bigots like cellino into football etc no wonder were without a world cup for 50 years.

Basically you might as well think of a number and go with a morrocan bazzar haggling approach as it all alpears to be around moving ground to ooc or linfords house and real estate before football.

Comment

Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
            I'd guess the real estate that Loftus Road is built on plus assets (i.e. players, as we don't own our training ground) could probably justify somewhere near 50m quid. There is literally nothing else though. Loss making business, so nothing in the annual accounts to push the price up!
            Makes you wonder how much they actually paid...... 50m is quite a tall order for kickstarter.......

Comment

Can Ted be stadium announcer?

Comment

Originally posted by shaggy24 View Post
                Most of the value is from any viable assests mainly stadium and players possibly the club own flats etc. Players well we know most of what there worth but bottom line is the clubs a serial loss making business with severe financial restraints apparently fine imposing of some description for ffp which is cobblers any idiot can run a business badly and wind it up when the fa let bigots like cellino into football etc no wonder were without a world cup for 50 years.

Basically you might as well think of a number and go with a morrocan bazzar haggling approach as it all alpears to be around moving ground to ooc or linfords house and real estate before football.
                The board have bought up some land in OOC. Anyone know if this belongs to the club or the owners though?

Comment

Could probably buy the club for minimal amount. Buying the shareholders out so you could have control may increase the overall cost though.

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley View Post
                    The board have bought up some land in OOC. Anyone know if this belongs to the club or the owners though?
                    The club makes a loss each month, my guess is the owners own the land, it's their money not the clubs.

Comment

Originally posted by MYU View Post
                      The club makes a loss each month, my guess is the owners own the land, it's their money not the clubs.
                      yup my thoughts. So we're looking at 50m to pick up a loss making business, assuming they'd take that now the party's over.

On a side note I've got a lot of time for the way Tony Bloom has handled Brighton. And Forest Green Rovers, what they've achieved is little short of miraculous. There are sustainable ways to run a modern football club which actually give hope to everyone around it, on and off the park. And Huddersfield:just shows what a proper gaffer can do.

Comment

yup my thoughts. So we're looking at 50m to pick up a loss making business, assuming they'd take that now the party's over.

On a side note I've got a lot of time for the way Tony Bloom has handled Brighton. And Forest Green Rovers, what they've achieved is little short of miraculous. There are sustainable ways to run a modern football club which actually give hope to everyone around it, on and off the park. And Huddersfield:just shows what a proper gaffer can do.
                        Brighton are massively loss making too though, ain't they?

Think they made a load of money disappear during the Gus Poyet era, and still operate at a huge loss now.

Comment

Aren't we something like 259 million pounds in debt? Even with the assets we own I imagine our value with the present state of the club is nothing significant due to the debt that would be inherited.

Comment

Originally posted by maidstone_hoop View Post
                            Aren't we something like 259 million pounds in debt? Even with the assets we own I imagine our value with the present state of the club is nothing significant due to the debt that would be inherited.
                            I think bar Arsenal most clubs lose money over here but even there fans want winger out for underachieving!

Comment

Originally posted by shaggy24 View Post
                              I think bar Arsenal most clubs lose money over here but even there fans want winger out for underachieving!
                              I think your right but our debt is pretty significant at 239 mill for the size of club we are. Look at the list we find ourselves on and we are by far the smallest club on that list. The other clubs can offset their debts against their assets and sheer size a lot more comfortably then we can.

Top 20 clubs by net debt - Posted in Jan 2017

1. Manchester United - €536m

2. Benfica - €336m

3. Inter Milan - €306m

4. Valencia - €285m

5. QPR - €279m

6. AC Milan - €249m

7. CSKA Moscow - €224m

8. Galatasaray - €222m

9. Juventus - €209m

10. Roma - €208m

11. Sunderland - €208m