Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2017/18 Transfer rumour and twitter thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by QPRHoop View Post
    People need to lower their expectations. Why would Boyd drop down to the championship and if he did I'm sure there are more desirable places to go than us (ie. clubs paying a #### load more money).
    I don't think Boyd is that outrageous a transfer target. He'll be going somewhere in the Championship, I would have thought.

Comment

People need to lower their expectations. Why would Boyd drop down to the championship and if he did I'm sure there are more desirable places to go than us (ie. clubs paying a #### load more money).
      Let's be realistic - he couldn't get into a team battling relegation and is getting on, so why would he be demand in premier league terms?

This is also Burnley we're talking about. They don't pay big wages and I'd imagine Boyd is on a fairly modest wage. Sure, other championship teams would be in for him, but should we not compete for players just because of that...

Comment

• Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
        I don't think Boyd is that outrageous a transfer target. He'll be going somewhere in the Championship, I would have thought.
        Would rather quality over quantity this summer, so if we can get someone like Boyd to go with a goalscorer/cb and new full back that would be perfect.

Comment

• Originally posted by Norths View Post
          Let's be realistic - he couldn't get into a team battling relegation and is getting on, so why would he be demand in premier league terms?

This is also Burnley we're talking about. They don't pay big wages and I'd imagine Boyd is on a fairly modest wage. Sure, other championship teams would be in for him, but should we not compete for players just because of that...
          If what I read is correct he started 33 games this season so he was a regular.
          Last edited by QPRHoop; 19-05-2017, 12:13 PM.

Comment

If what I read is correct he started 33 games this season so he was a regular.
            Yeah, he's been a regular there this year and was offered another 12 months. Apparently he is holding out for a longer deal elsewhere. He'll have plenty of options, but I'm guessing he'll probably favour being a regular starter with a Championship side over being a squad player in the Prem!

Comment

• Originally posted by Norths View Post

Boyd is 32 in a few months and will be after a 2 year deal somewhere. A championship club is a realistic move for him and a target we could vie for.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
                Yeah, he's been a regular there this year and was offered another 12 months. Apparently he is holding out for a longer deal elsewhere. He'll have plenty of options, but I'm guessing he'll probably favour being a regular starter with a Championship side over being a squad player in the Prem!
                I'm not disputing he might go to the championship but I don't think he will come to us as I don't think we will pay him enough and probably wants a team challenging for promotion. I would gladly have him and I hope these messages are dug out to have a go at me if he signed but I just don't think we have a chance in my opinion.

Comment

• Sorry just seen how I worded my original message as I was meant to say if he does drop down it would be to a more desirable team but I can see him staying in prem with a Brighton, Bournemouth, etc.

Comment

Sorry just seen how I worded my original message as I was meant to say if he does drop down it would be to a more desirable team but I can see him staying in prem with a Brighton, Bournemouth, etc.
                    Probably a fair shout.

Doubt too many clubs other than the 3 going up would offer him a 2 year deal and regular football though!

Comment

I'm not disputing he might go to the championship but I don't think he will come to us as I don't think we will pay him enough and probably wants a team challenging for promotion. I would gladly have him and I hope these messages are dug out to have a go at me if he signed but I just don't think we have a chance in my opinion.
                      I think we still offer some of the best wages in the division but have just capped the limit to 20k a week for our best players. Think Boyd earn 18k a week at Burnley.

Comment

• Originally posted by maidstone_hoop View Post
                        I think we still offer some of the best wages in the division but have just capped the limit to 20k a week for our best players. Think Boyd earn 18k a week at Burnley.
                        Probably about right you know.

I'd bet we are in the top 6 or 7 payers in the Championship.

Comment

• Grego-cox signs a 1 year contract extension. Not too bothered about that one tbh if it works out then great but if it doesnt oh well

Comment

• As I said I hope we do get him but I just can't see it as I think we are after younger players with sell on value or at least cheap older players. I agree we probably still are one of the bigger payers in the division but his wages would be at the top end of our scale so might be a risk the board aren't willing to take. But please bookmark this page and rub it in my face if I'm wrong.

Comment

• I think we could be in with a shout for Boyd he's the type our fans would go for a genuine ball player he's not the fastest but in my book skill comes first

Comment

• Yeah, seems you're right about his appearances. Must've been mixing him up with someone else.

One to keep an eye on.

As for the Goss mention by tarbie, was always gonna be a big ask to go from the united youth team to regular champ football mid season.
                                Hoping a full summer behind him will get it going next season.

Comment

Working...
                                X