Table

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pinkie View Post
    Totally agree westy as we know what they are capable of!
    Although I am a Holloway fan, at the moment all I can say we are really capable of if we get it right is drawing a top 6 side.

Barring the Reading game, pretty much all our wins have come against teams that are on a similar level to us table-wise.

Comment

Originally posted by hal9thou View Post
      Welcome back. I was just curious since you were so very keen on pointing out what you saw as other posters' misjudgements ;)

I've seen better gaffers get the push, and next term wont be any easier. Keep taking the tabs!
      Fair enough hal i can take it as not chuffed myself, but we can see whats happened with the players, & not worried about next season at all, think we`ll do well, but everyones entitled to their opinions! i had gone quiet on here as thought the season was pretty much over tbh, ridiculas the way the players have downed tools with only a few points needed, but also for the season ticket holders and others going, you have to feel for them as there not getting their monies worth atm! but can guarantee ollies pulling his hair out even though hes got non
      http://soundcloud.com/pinkie2

Comment

The logic isn't 100%.

As recently as 2013 TWO sides were relegated with >50 points. I still think relegation unlikely, and I still think the Chairman management team and DoF would fvck up Juve.
        I'm afraid you are wrong - my post was explicitly responding to a false statement that 53 is always regarded as the safety point. The facts are the number of points required in each of the last ten seasons to ensure safety and the logic is that as there have been only two occasions in the last ten years where 53 points was the threshold for safety, it is inaccurate to say that 53 is always regarded as the safety point.

It is of course irrelevant to the general debate because each season is different but the two sides relegated with 50+ points were very much in the minority and those stats cannot lead to a logical conclusion that 53 points is the right threshold. Oh, any mathematical calculation would lead to the same conclusion
        #standuptocancer
        #inyourfacecancer

Comment

Welcome back Pinks.

Interesting that in your opinion this slump is down to the players "downing tools". Even to the extent where you almost seem to feel sorry for Ollie in being let down in such a fashion.

Is there no accountability for some rather suspect tactics and constant tinkering from the gaffer?

Comment

Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
            Welcome back Pinks.

Interesting that in your opinion this slump is down to the players "downing tools". Even to the extent where you almost seem to feel sorry for Ollie in being let down in such a fashion.

Is there no accountability for some rather suspect tactics and constant tinkering from the gaffer?
            I think you know the answer.

Comment

Welcome back Pinks.

Thanks tarbs, it could be just tinkering but how do we know hes not picking certain players as hes hacked off! no one knows unless ollie says himself, but we all know how the players can perform upto this slump so id be blaming them tbh, if certain players think they cant be bothered as there half on there hols in their heads what can you the manager do?! i know id not pick them but it would upset the applecart for sure! if i was the manager id of kept playing my best 11 for what formation im playing best at, & just add the odd substitutions of the fringe players myself, not aload of changes as we all know how that turns out, bit like our cup matches tbh!
              http://soundcloud.com/pinkie2

Comment

Welcome back Pinks.

This! And it`s even more chocking when we all(at least some) knows that we are not mathematically safe just yet. Even though he claimed the opposite he did obviously not learn anything from the Burton match...
                QPR
                Best team in the world
                Sort of

Comment

Originally posted by Bluehoop View Post
                  It is of course irrelevant to the general debate because each season is different but the two sides relegated with 50+ points were very much in the minority and those stats cannot lead to a logical conclusion that 53 points is the right threshold.
                  Sure - my point is that the your post equally suggests that 50 points may not be enough. Like you, I don't think you are safe until you are mathematically safe. That really has to be the bottom line here, and until relegation is an impossibility the attitude should be must win, end of. That's what being professional means. I don't care if relegation is unlikely - I want to see it eliminated as a possibility and in recent games we've been going in the other direction.

Comment

Sure - my point is that the your post equally suggests that 50 points may not be enough. Like you, I don't think you are safe until you are mathematically safe. That really has to be the bottom line here, and until relegation is an impossibility the attitude should be must win, end of. That's what being professional means. I don't care if relegation is unlikely - I want to see it eliminated as a possibility and in recent games we've been going in the other direction.
                    Good post

Comment

Personally I totally get olly trying things out. Whether it's mathematically possible or not the fact of the matter is we're safe. Of course id rather we won a few games but for some to talk about sacking the manager is extremely disruptive. It's a great feeling we aren't in a relationship scrap so for that reason I am grateful. Next season we need to target top 10 and if that is not achieved then Holloway has not done his job. The improvement on jfh is very noticeable and he deserves to be manager of this football club.
                      I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Yep, no matter what you think of playing staff or management, this is the bottom line.

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
                          Personally I totally get olly trying things out. Whether it's mathematically possible or not the fact of the matter is we're safe. Of course id rather we won a few games but for some to talk about sacking the manager is extremely disruptive. It's a great feeling we aren't in a relationship scrap so for that reason I am grateful. Next season we need to target top 10 and if that is not achieved then Holloway has not done his job. The improvement on jfh is very noticeable and he deserves to be manager of this football club.
                          The fact of the matter is we are not safe. Hopefully after Saturday that will be the case. And when that is situation, it won't alter the fact that Holloway as fu cked big time.

Comment

We;re not safe. Not sure why people refuse to see that. Yes it's unlikely we'll go down as we're 6 points clear with 9 to play for. This is also not a negative comment on Ollie. As a qpr fan, and all the mess ups we make, I will not relax until we're mathematically safe.

Comment

James you clearly are worrier. Its irrelevant how many points it is, its more the fact that there are plenty of teams below us. They won't all show title winning form over the next 3 games and 50 pts won't be 3rd from bottom. 48 at most. I can't put your mind at rest because you're clearly worrying about what your having for dinner tonight and its just in your nature
                              I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
                                Whilst i take your point WeAre, I don't believe we will go down either but we have got lucky others haven't put any runs together except Bristol, losing 6 games on the spin twice in a 4 month period is quite worrying and yes i do think Olly is experimenting but if we were to lose 8 on the spin this time, that experimenting could come back to bite him as there will be huge pressure on the club to act. I dont think the club will replace him in the summer but the fans will start next season questioning him right from the start rather than in anticipation of a good season.

Comment

Working...
                                X