Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by James1979 View Post
    If forest beat us and Ipswich, then they'll top us
    James, but 4 of the 5 teams currently behind us (Rotherham and Wigan not included) have to get above us
    I blew a lot on vodka and tonic, gambling and fags. Looking back, I think I overdid it on the tonic. - The one and only Stanley Bowles

Comment

I was alright with Ollie taking charge when he did, but it should only have been on a contract until the end of this season with an agreement to sit down and reassess the situation then.

Comment

Originally posted by Norths View Post
        I was alright with Ollie taking charge when he did, but it should only have been on a contract until the end of this season with an agreement to sit down and reassess the situation then.
        Agree with this. Would have been sensible & not tied down if things went or were going wrong.

I will reiterate though my original point in that I think he should be judged on his own full pre season & signings.

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy Floyd Rabbit View Post
          Agree with this. Would have been sensible & not tied down if things went or were going wrong.

I will reiterate though my original point in that I think he should be judged on his own full pre season & signings.
          I blew a lot on vodka and tonic, gambling and fags. Looking back, I think I overdid it on the tonic. - The one and only Stanley Bowles

Comment

Originally posted by Norths View Post
            That does seem like the sensible way to of gone about things but I'm sure I read somewhere that Holloway turned down an offer from th club because he wanted a longer deal.
            I still have hopes for him but am sick of this changing of the team every week. I've always hated managers who did that.

The fact some, including me, are worried about going down is a disgrace considering where we were a month or so ago

Comment

Big Dave I work with a guy that worry's about China taking over our company every day and if he liked football and QPR relegation wouldn't be put on that never ending list. It's impossible that all the bottom 6 will show championship winning form so we are fine
              I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Originally posted by Bigdave View Post
                sick of this changing of the team every week. I've always hated managers who did that
                I get this point, I really do but I do think there's two sides to the coin.

Yes the constant changing of the side is annoying, doesn't promote stability and can frustrate fans who've paid their hard earned to watch but I think it has to be remembered that the manager has to see all players available to him playing in match day scenarios which have absolutely no resemblance to training matches, in different formations, different positions and playing alongside different players so they can be judged come the end of the season.

A lot of these players will be released or sold and it's imperative that we (the club / manager) do that with a clear head and unfortunately this is the only way it can be done. As mentioned in my first post, this season will flitter out in a damp squib. No better time to try players out imo. Yes we are not mathematically safe, but we will not go down.

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy Floyd Rabbit View Post
                  I get this point, I really do but I do think there's two sides to the coin.

Yes the constant changing of the side is annoying, doesn't promote stability and can frustrate fans who've paid their hard earned to watch but I think it has to be remembered that the manager has to see all players available to him playing in match day scenarios which have absolutely no resemblance to training matches, in different formations, different positions and playing alongside different players so they can be judged come the end of the season.

A lot of these players will be released or sold and it's imperative that we (the club / manager) do that with a clear head and unfortunately this is the only way it can be done. As mentioned in my first post, this season will flitter out in a damp squib. No better time to try players out imo. Yes we are not mathematically safe, but we will not go down.
                  Sensible post and amazing how common sense like this is so rare and hard to find these days
                  I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
                    Big Dave I work with a guy that worry's about China taking over our company every day and if he liked football and QPR relegation wouldn't be put on that never ending list. It's impossible that all the bottom 6 will show championship winning form so we are fine
                    But that's the point, it's unlikely but not impossible.

Comment

We've got the players and we've seen what we can do. We've also seen how we can fall apart...I think Olli has made some questionable decisions before and during games which have effected results. The questions is why is he doing this? Is he clueless or is he trying to work out his best formation? Freeman was visibly frustrated after the game against Wednesday which says a lot. Where next for us?

Comment

Originally posted by Joe90 View Post
                        We've got the players and we've seen what we can do. We've also seen how we can fall apart...I think Olli has made some questionable decisions before and during games which have effected results. The questions is why is he doing this? Is he clueless or is he trying to work out his best formation? Freeman was visibly frustrated after the game against Wednesday which says a lot. Where next for us?
                        Griffin park and humiliation the way things are going!

Comment

Originally posted by Joe90 View Post
                          Mixture of confidence bashing results, a team that isn't communicating well as it had five good games, then seemingly an international break watching romantic comedies, with a boss who seems to have dug a wee hole for himself.

Still 3 games to judge the end of the season on though, i faith it'll come good.

Those that are fans of this rolling contract thing, the we should have got him on a deal till the end of the season and assessed. Does that really work in modern football? Is that the way we want to see things go? Revolving door managers and staff? With the exception of Chelsea, Leicester and perhaps to an extent Watford, where has the changing of a manager brought about a far better result than the previous? In each case for sure, without doubt, it's the same playing personnel bar a couple of additions.

It seems contradictory to want to go back to basics and yet threaten the manager with a sacking if he's not pushing for playoffs or loses 5 games on the bounce. The basics of football, history tells us, is that you need to stick with a manager. Plenty here with ideas above our station, we didn't build on the success of 2010 as we should have done, now we are back to a point where we must build again. We can't build a team by changing the manager constantly. We need to keep Ollie on board to return the club to what it should be.

If he can't do it, i reiterate another old point, who the bloody hell else? Yes, i wanted Rowett and Clement, they turned us down, i didn't want Pearson but he said no anyway. So, who else???????????? Ranieri? lol.

Apparently, through another poster, Ollie was offered a deal till the end of the season and he said no, because he wanted some stability probably, and knew it needed more than 6 months to solve the QPR problem. There isn't another available manager that isn't a risk.

If we stay the course with Ollie we've got a really good chance of building something that can be successful in the right way, be the next top six champ and mid table premier league team full of youth and exciting matches.

Change change change is the kind of attitude that got us all into the political #### show we are all in, because we don't have the fortitude to stick anymore.

Comment

[QUOTE=topperharley;1620925]Mixture of confidence bashing results, a team that isn't communicating well as it had five good games, then seemingly an international break watching romantic comedies, with a boss who seems to have dug a wee hole for himself.

Still 3 games to judge the end of the season on though, i faith it'll come good.

Those that are fans of this rolling contract thing, the we should have got him on a deal till the end of the season and assessed. Does that really work in modern football? Is that the way we want to see things go? Revolving door managers and staff? With the exception of Chelsea, Leicester and perhaps to an extent Watford, where has the changing of a manager brought about a far better result than the previous? In each case for sure, without doubt, it's the same playing personnel bar a couple of additions.

It seems contradictory to want to go back to basics and yet threaten the manager with a sacking if he's not pushing for playoffs or loses 5 games on the bounce. The basics of football, history tells us, is that you need to stick with a manager. Plenty here with ideas above our station, we didn't build on the success of 2010 as we should have done, now we are back to a point where we must build again. We can't build a team by changing the manager constantly. We need to keep Ollie on board to return the club to what it should be.

If he can't do it, i reiterate another old point, who the bloody hell else? Yes, i wanted Rowett and Clement, they turned us down, i didn't want Pearson but he said no anyway. So, who else???????????? Ranieri? lol.

Apparently, through another poster, Ollie was offered a deal till the end of the season and he said no, because he wanted some stability probably, and knew it needed more than 6 months to solve the QPR problem. There isn't another available manager that isn't a risk.

If we stay the course with Ollie we've got a really good chance of building something that can be successful in the right way, be the next top six champ and mid table premier league team full of youth and exciting matches.

Change change change is the kind of attitude that got us all into the political #### show we are all in, because we don't have the fortitude to stick anymore.[/QUOTE/]

That`s what Ollie himself is doing atm.
                            QPR
                            Best team in the world
                            Sort of

Comment

Great point Shania

Comment

It's a means to an end that only matters for a short period though.

Not wholesale changes of the club.

So i'll give you a 5/10 touche, but you don't got me.

Comment

Working...
                                X